• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know would be awesome - a JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Fighting Game made by ASW. Outside of Part 3, Part 5 would easily fit the most in terms of getting a fighting game just focused on that part but i would love to see HD ASW Sprites made out of the JoJo Cast.
A JoJo fighting game should represent all parts that were aired (excluding part 1). Though I think that if ASW ever plans to work on it, they should wait until part 6 airs for a more diverse roster.

5 JoJos and their respective 5 villains must be base roster characters, and from there they could choose any of the side characters (Bruno, Polnareff, Rohan, Okyuasu, Koichi, etc) based on how much fans like them and how well they'd translate in a 2D fighting game space.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
A JoJo fighting game should represent all parts that were aired (excluding part 1). Though I think that if ASW ever plans to work on it, they should wait until part 6 airs for a more diverse roster.

5 JoJos and their respective 5 villains must be base roster characters, and from there they could choose any of the side characters (Bruno, Polnareff, Rohan, Okyuasu, Koichi, etc) based on how much fans like them and how well they'd translate in a 2D fighting game space.
It's likely if we go get an ASW JoJo Fighting Game - it will probably be from all 8 Parts - honestly i think it will have a 16 charcter roster at the start (considering ASW rosters tend to be on the lower end - having The Main JoJos and the Main Antagonists from the 8 Parts in the game at launch) but there will likely be DLC.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I was able to look up the actual stand names without spoiling much and I really don't understand why it's necessary to change some of these names but yet REO Speedwagon is still mentioned in part 5.
Crunchyroll might not be as afraid of trademark claims, but company policy or the licence agreement compels them to use the already established names from the games.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
You know would be awesome - a JoJo's Bizzare Adventure Fighting Game made by ASW. Outside of Part 3, Part 5 would easily fit the most in terms of getting a fighting game just focused on that part but i would love to see HD ASW Sprites made out of the JoJo Cast.
I could totally see it working like Persona 4 Arena, where stands would be stand-ins (heh) for the Persona.

Though if they did that, only part 3 and beyond would be represented.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is if they are so afraid of writting out 'Sticky Fingers', why not just put Sutikkyi Fingazu or something?
It would be a thousand times less stupid than 'Zipper Man'.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
These games already exist.
Yeah, but I don't see ASW/Atlus looking to revive the games. Might as well use the formula.

There's already a part 3 JoJo fighting game where they actually added young Joseph without a stand (see second video).

Holy shit I completely forgot about this game.

Though with my idea, Young Joseph wouldn't work because that gameplay style would be entirely dependent on Stands.

Then again, they don't have to use my idea.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Anyone got an image of the poster in the thumbnail? Preferably without the white text. Tried looking for it on the webz to no avail.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What I don't get is if they are so afraid of writting out 'Sticky Fingers', why not just put Sutikkyi Fingazu or something?
Trust me, that's not even the worst case - The Plane Stand shown in the Opening's Localisation Name is absolutely wut levels - even more than Zipperman

I could totally see it working like Persona 4 Arena, where stands would be stand-ins (heh) for the Persona.

Though if they did that, only part 3 and beyond would be represented.
Actually - P4A had non Persona User in the game in the form of Sho so charcters like Jonathan,Dio Brando,Joseph and KARS could work similar to that

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has only watched the anime and has absorbed some JoJo knowledge through osmosis, the most surprising part so far for me is that Gang-star is actually real and not some dumb translation in-joke.

Also the OP is amazing but that's not surprising since Bloody Stream is the best opening.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
As someone who has only watched the anime and has absorbed some JoJo knowledge through osmosis, the most surprising part so far for me is that Gang-star is actually real and not some dumb translation in-joke.

Also the OP is amazing but that's not surprising since Bloody Stream is the best opening.
5.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pink Giorno is fabulous as fuck.
This is 100% absolutely true. Its the one thing I am fully on board with. I mean, without context as an Anime only viewer when I saw that the Part 5 protag is another crazy haired guy in a blue suit, I was pretty bummed. But then all the promo material came out with Pink Giorno, and I was over the moon. A protag who's got the bravado to pull off a pink suit, now that's something I can fuck with.

Oct 25, 2017
This is 100% absolutely true. Its the one thing I am fully on board with. I mean, without context as an Anime only viewer when I saw that the Part 5 protag is another crazy haired guy in a blue suit, I was pretty bummed. But then all the promo material came out with Pink Giorno, and I was over the moon. A protag who's got the bravado to pull off a pink suit, now that's something I can fuck with.
He's the son of a buff vampire that rolled up to his final boss battle wearing genie slippers. If anybody could perfectly pull off a pink suit it's Giorno. Even one of Japans biggest Jojo fan girls recognized pink Giorno as lit.
fab932e427a6f7fee7a1e4e5f0b427061402240346_full.jpg

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this purple suit giorno from the part 7 style pic araki did :

iu

jojo%27s-bizarre-adventure-wallpapers-25916-296276.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That wallpaper will always never make sense wkth Jonathan wearing the Caesar scarf and Joseph just being repped by beimg Grandpa JoJo by default. Otherwise that Jotaro is pure sex.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least not the wallpaper where you see a bunch of stands trying to hump each other.
oh please share

That wallpaper will always never make sense wkth Jonathan wearing the Caesar scarf and Joseph just being repped by beimg Grandpa JoJo by default. Otherwise that Jotaro is pure sex.

he does em all dirty at times in these style pics, look at giorno in the back of this part 8 one lmao

iu

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Currently writing down my thoughts and opinions on Episode 1/2. It won't be released till tomorrow but my thoughts and impressions on the Anime Adaption so far are very positive.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

I think you have to go with official canon localized names. I assume zipper man will be the name on the part 5 manga volumes when viz releases them.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Can't get that FIGHTING GOOOOOOOOOLD! out of my head

I'll jump on the Pink Giorno is best Giorno train. Really makes him stand out way more than the standard blue one.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I was able to look up the actual stand names without spoiling much and I really don't understand why it's necessary to change some of these names but yet REO Speedwagon is still mentioned in part 5.

That's because the band REO Speedwagon took its name from an early motor vehicle called REO Speed Wagon. They can't sue because they're not technically the rights holders to the name.