• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the Official Thread for the League of Legends Championship Series Summer 2019 Split. This OT will be built out further before the matches begin on June 1st. Below is the initial details of the split.

dQVOKD3.png

Group Stage - June 1st - August 4th, 2019

• Double Round Robin
  • Each team plays 18 matches.
  • All matches are Bo1
    • Top 6 qualifies to the Summer Playoffs
    • Top 2 teams are seeded into Semifinals
    • Remaining 4 teams are seeded into Quarterfinals
    • 1st place team from Group Stage will select their opponent from Quarterfinals
    • 2nd place team from Group Stage will face the remaining team from Quarterfinals
  • Single Elimination
  • All matches are Bo5
  • Winner Qualifies for World Championship 2019
Host
  • James 'Dash' Patterson
dKLdTrN.png

Interviewer
  • Ovilee May
yNx0MDB.png

Analysts
  • Mark 'MarkZ' Zimmerman
  • Hai 'Hai' Du Lam

Play-by-play Commentators
  • Clayton 'CaptainFlowers' Raines
  • David 'Phreak' Turley
  • Rivington Bruce 'Rivington' Bisland III
  • Julian 'Pastrytime' Carr

Color Commentators
  • Aidan 'Zirene' Zukas Moon
  • Isaac 'Azael' Cummings Bentley
  • Sam 'Kobe' Hartman-Kenzler
  • 100 Thieves
  • Cloud9
  • Clutch Gaming
  • Counter Logic Gaming
  • Echo Fox
  • FlyQuest
  • Golden Guardians
  • OpTic Gaming
  • Team Liquid
  • Team SoloMid

T3YpS2D.png

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting any major shakeups in the standings? Team Liquid at the top, C9 and TSM wrestling for 2 and 3?

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Personally, I'm *really* curious as to how Echo Fox & Golden Guardians do this season. They had phenomenal runs IMO at the end of the last split, and I think the talent & synergy ceilings of both rosters have yet to even be identified.

Most of the warranted attention is going to be on the TL/TSM/C9 storyline, especially given how sharp TSM looked towards the end of their split & how TL showed glimmers of being an successful international team, but I'm much more invested in one of those teams being upset by GG or EF.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Zirene leave Riot or am I misremembering?

He back

Personally, I'm *really* curious as to how Echo Fox & Golden Guardians do this season. They had phenomenal runs IMO at the end of the last split, and I think the talent & synergy ceilings of both rosters have yet to even be identified.

Most of the warranted attention is going to be on the TL/TSM/C9 storyline, especially given how sharp TSM looked towards the end of their split & how TL showed glimmers of being an successful international team, but I'm much more invested in one of those teams being upset by GG or EF.

I think Clutch will be good this split. I'm hoping they do well. Cody Sun needs the redemption Arc.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
I think Clutch will be good this split. I'm hoping they do well. Cody Sun needs the redemption Arc.

Even if he does the Jensen/Dardoch special, I don't know if Clutch has all the tools to make it to the playoffs. None of their lanes seem to have a strong suit, and their drafts last split were extremely questionable, and their academy roster doesn't seem as promising as other teams. Love the org, but I think this will be the start of a rebuild for them this split.

That said: at least they aren't CLG.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if he does the Jensen/Dardoch special, I don't know if Clutch has all the tools to make it to the playoffs. None of their lanes seem to have a strong suit, and their drafts last split were extremely questionable, and their academy roster doesn't seem as promising as other teams. Love the org, but I think this will be the start of a rebuild for them this split.

That said: at least they aren't CLG.

Don't shatter my hopes and dreams for my boy Cody Sun caylen. I need him to be TOP TIER.