• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Assange's lawyer, report Reuters, said she observed a meeting where former Republican US Representative Dana Rohrabacher and Charles Johnson, an associate known to have close ties to the Trump campaign, made the offer.

"The proposal put forward by Congressman Rohrabacher was that Mr. Assange identify the source for the 2016 election publications in return for some form of pardon," Robinson said in a witness statement given to the court.

www.theguardian.com

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Obama calls on Republicans to delay filling vacancy – as it happened

Amid tributes to the late supreme court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, former president adds weight to calls for vacancy to remain until after November election

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Rohrabacher has to be a russian spy
i'm pretty sure this has been the assumption for a while. Spy would involved some layer of intelligence though. He's just an idiot scum who will do anything for money. I'm pretty sure even the republicans called him out as being bought and paid for by Russia in one of their "closed door" meetings

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
i'm pretty sure this has been the assumption for a while. Spy would involved some layer of intelligence though. He's just an idiot scum who will do anything for money
thats true he probally has some level of intelligence vs just someone who is bought out by the russians

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Strange, Assange's lawyer throwing Assange's employer Russia under the boss.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking crazy how this alone would sink any other President.

46 days.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah? No shit

If it wasn't evident that Assange at best is a useful idiot for petro-tyrants and fascists this isn't going to change many minds. The cult of personality and feigned righteousness around this entire gaggle of actors is boring and immediately tells me the person flogging it is either a moron or hoping Putin achieves his goals

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
Strange, Assange's lawyer throwing Assange's employer Russia under the boss.

This is still the extradition hearing, so it's in Assange's best interests to depict a situation in which he would face retribution if tried in America, or where there's a history of dodgy deals that would mean he doesn't get a fair trial.

Where is Assange now?

In the UK, facing extradition to the US. I believe he's kept in prison during the trial as he's just about the most obvious flight risk there is.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Rohrabacher has to be a russian spy

Actual Republican leaders told each other (behind closed doors back in 2016) that there were two people they were sure were on Russia's payroll. Dana Rohrabacher and Donald Trump.

Of course, they can't say the latter one out loud anymore even in private.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Actual Republican leaders told each other (behind closed doors back in 2016) that there were two people they were sure were on Russia's payroll. Dana Rohrabacher and Donald Trump.

Of course, they can't say the latter one out loud anymore even in private.
right smh insane

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
This is still the extradition hearing, so it's in Assange's best interests to depict a situation in which he would face retribution if tried in America, or where there's a history of dodgy deals that would mean he doesn't get a fair trial.

In the UK, facing extradition to the US. I believe he's kept in prison during the trial as he's just about the most obvious flight risk there is.
Her Majesty's Prison.

Thanks, I forgot about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.