• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which company has the best online store?

• Microsoft

Votes: 65 54.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 39 32.8%

• Total voters

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Which console maker do you feel has the best online store? One that is constantly updated and offers the best sales or just the best games in general.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I feel microsoft and sony are pretty neck in neck, I mean every week there are multiple sales, prices are good, etc.

Microsoft gets a leg up because of gamepass, but I think that is irrelevant for this specific question, so I would say Sony and Microsoft tie

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Nintendo doesn't have a BR eShop, MS is fine, but buying BC games sucks most of the time (eternal loading), so PS.

But Steam is by far the best one. Full priced games costs less than -50% sales at PSN/Live.

RodentBR

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
In Brazil, I'd say Microsoft is way ahead. Their regional pricing is great and haven't changed despite of the recent devaluation of our currency. And gamepass have fantastic value. If Lockhart is real, I think it would be really successfull in developing counties.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
in Mexico Microsoft and Sony offers pretty much the same as the US store, but Microsoft gets the top spot here because it uses local currency while the PSN uses dollars (which can make games more expensive due the currency change).

I haven't used the eShop in years but I remember it being very far behind; no idea how it is now.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is a joke in Brazil. Since 2013 I can't use any credit card.
3 different banks, 3 different addresses and nothing. Stuck with those damn PSN cards.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I just use US psn with those psn cards and don't have any big issues, don't really need/want to put my card on there if I already have it on amazon

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Not Sony, lol. Microsoft has been using local currency since the 360, at least, and Nintendo too, Sony, in contrast, still has everything priced in US dollars, besides, the xbox store adjusted prices to the local market, so it was a bit cheaper.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
From the options? Microsoft, they actually have some solid regional pricings.

Nintendo does too but mostly for indies, and their selection is super limited.

Sony's prices are actually all in US Dollars and they still manage to be 30% more expensive in average, so fuck them.

OP
OP
MysticGon

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I just use US psn with those psn cards and don't have any big issues, don't really need/want to put my card on there if I already have it on amazon

I had a feeling that would be a common approach. What about local online stores. Which one gets your endorsement?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Nintendo doesn't even have an in-console eShop here. You gotta buy stuff from your browser and input a code, it's pretty janky. Sony wins this one even with their terrible non-responsive store because Microsoft somehow manages to be even worse.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sony had some great things going on here, PS Plus is cheaper, you can use your cards, and prices were standarized, but now thanks to a new tax games will be more expensive sooooo yeah, it's not good.

Steam still has the best with regional pricing and stuff

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft by far and it's not even close.

Actually, since today they added tax to the digital stores in Chile. Sony increased the prices and surprisingly Microsoft didn't!

Edit: Steam (and PC stores in general) beat both though.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Steam. Amazing prices and feature set on my region.

Definitely. Steam is by far the best. Most PC Storefrons are pretty good tbh

On the console side, Microsoft store is a little better than PS Store, but not by that much. The digital prices are all over the place on them, but MS Store usually has a better automatic conversion.

Nintendo is the worst because availability is a joke, theres very few games there, though I have to say its actually pretty good on pricing. Some games cost as much on the eShop as they do on Steam, which is pretty remarkable

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Not Nintendo. It doesn't accept credit card payment, it doesn't feature all games, and it doesn't even have the option to get the games on the same day you buy them. Also, want to download the games? Go to your e-mail and redeem those codes.

I can't say anything about MS because I never used their store, so PS Store (web version).

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
In Costa Rica...

EPIC <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Steam << Nintendo&Sony

Epic doesnt have regional pricing, but it does not block sales, and I can buy games for cheap.
Steam has regional pricing, but their pricing is all over the place, and usually missing sales.

I think MS has a functional CR marketplace, Nintendo eshop was empty and just free games and patches were available for download. PSN is not available last time I checked.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
From the options? Microsoft, they actually have some solid regional pricings.

Nintendo does too but mostly for indies, and their selection is super limited.

Sony's prices are actually all in US Dollars and they still manage to be 30% more expensive in average, so fuck them.
Sony is really odd. There are some games where US$1:R$4 and there are other games that US$1:R$5.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
In Brazil, I'd say Microsoft is way ahead. Their regional pricing is great and haven't changed despite of the recent devaluation of our currency. And gamepass have fantastic value. If Lockhart is real, I think it would be really successfull in developing counties.

Same case in Argentina. Besides MS has a presence and good customer service here. Nintendo is kinda so-so, indies and some games have regional pricing, others are very very overvalued (mainly Nintendo first party titles). Sony, while being the majority of gamers, has awful policies. Very little to non existant regional prices, and prices are inflated even from US. A new playstation games cost around 80 dollars and a digital one cost around 70ish.

Also worth noting, some publishers have even better regional pricing others.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Microsoft offers Game Pass around here so they are ahead of Sony, for now. Steam has the best prices though.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
There are all the same at least in the country where I come from.

I has been using USA accounts since Psn exist.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I like Sony more because it caters more to my gaming preferences but Microsoft is really good at being accessible in more than one way. They got the ball rolling way harder in the 360 era with mx pesos and having support catered to the country. They can take the crown in that regard.

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
eShop basically doesn't exist here in Brazil.

Microsoft is the best one by far. The regional prices are good, there's some good sales, easy to buy gift cards, etc.
PS Store have inflated prices and poor sales. Also, there's some games missing from BR store.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Steam, by FAR. Amazing, accesible regional prices, every game up to date, etc.

Sony's store just makes me mad. It costs MORE than the American store, maybe even the Canadian store as well.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
eShop basically doesn't exist here in Brazil.

Microsoft is the best one by far. The regional prices are good, there's some good sales, easy to buy gift cards, etc.
PS Store have inflated prices and poor sales. Also, there's some games missing from BR store.
That's what annoyed me about the PS Store. It's one thing to not have regional pricing and just match US prices, but why make things more expensive?

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Steam. Amazing prices and feature set on my region.

Same here. Besides some specific AAA titles that have ridiculous prices, most other games have regional prices, very affordable.

Meanwhile Nintendo and Sony regional stores are very expensive, therefore I always buy from the US store since it is cheaper for me on the consoles.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Nintendo's eShop is only browser based in Brazil, but it has actually become a pretty sweet deal now that the prices stayed the same after the currency devalued. Dandara is like US$6 there.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Sony, you can buy in local currency, has deals throughout the year and the download speeds, well, i haven't had any issues with it.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have used the three of them. Nintendo is by far the worst. Sony's is fine. The Xbox store is the best with local currency adjustment for prices.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's not-store actually is a benefit for me. I have two accounts, one for my region (Argentina) and one for US. Basically I buy everything I can on the Argentinian store for a fraction of the cost and in actual pesos (if you buy anything in another currency you got to pay the government an extra 30%) and use the codes with my US account, this gives me gold coins for the price of the item in the US (for example, Minecraft dungeons costs around 4 dollars in the Argentinian store, but the US store gave me 100 coins because in the US store it costs 20 dollars).

Steam is the best still. Its regional pricing is basically unbeatable.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There are all the same at least in the country where I come from.

I has been using USA accounts since Psn exist.
Yeah same here. I bought my PS3 while I was in the US and created my account using the address I had while I stayed there, so US store it's been for me for a decade now. I guess PC storefronts are much better than the consoles' for the time being, especially Steam.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox is the only one that has offers on their prepaid cards, have everything in local currency and is also the cheapest one here in Mexico then is Nintendo and last Sony

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft at least does regional price on gamepass, what is good enough for me. Dunno about the rest.

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I only play on PC, for me is Steam, I can pay with my national bank/people's bank, prices can vary wildly, but they're cheaper than any other store. GOG is great too, it has regional pricing that is mostly 50 or 70% cheaper than US prices.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Colombia: Steam > Nintendo > Microsoft >>> Sony

Steam: Anything is valid, local CC, international CC, money transfers, digital wallets... xD
Nintendo: Local CC, Paypal.
Microsoft: Local currencies and their physical cards are everywhere.
Sony: The regional store is overpriced (more expensive than US store), their physical cards are overpriced, not may titles in their online store compared with th US store... and if you wanna use an US account, the only way to purchase PS Plus/PS Store credit is with cards resellers like Amazon, PC Game Supply and similars.

Last edited:

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
Microsoft actually has store and is so so acepting cards for other countries and buying for other region is posible with tricks.
Nintendo is the real region free acepts all my credits cards in any region but the only true eshop is fron mexico but does not matter becouse I can buy wherever I want.
Sony is the worst be far, no one if my 3 diferents paypals for diferents countries or credits cards works, I must use prepaid cards to buy something there.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
What's great about MS' is that I can just change the region of my console and buy from different stores.

With Sony I believe you are locked to the region of your account, which is my case is the US, at pesar it doesn't have regional lock like the 360 store.

I don't know about Nintendo.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
For Brazil, Microsoft, but mostly by elimination
It's not great, but its functional - at least the x1 side. 360 marketplace is horrible. PSN here is bad and full of arbitrary restrictions that make no sense, and maybe its just impression but regional prices and/or deals don't seem as good in there? For some reason games always seem cheaper on xbox (which also have gamepass, but thats not a store so i'm not counting here)

Nintendo doesnt even exist.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's not-store actually is a benefit for me. I have two accounts, one for my region (Argentina) and one for US. Basically I buy everything I can on the Argentinian store for a fraction of the cost and in actual pesos (if you buy anything in another currency you got to pay the government an extra 30%) and use the codes with my US account, this gives me gold coins for the price of the item in the US (for example, Minecraft dungeons costs around 4 dollars in the Argentinian store, but the US store gave me 100 coins because in the US store it costs 20 dollars).

Steam is the best still. Its regional pricing is basically unbeatable.

What!? Sony charges you in pesos? I don't have an arg account, but login in with my cousin's account, everything shows in US dollars and more expensive to boot.

Nvm: I thought you were talking about PSN for some reason. Sorry.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I'm surprised at the results. They basically don't exist in CAM. I figure México is something else tho.