• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
81JaYTzAvmL.jpg
3max.jpg
3max.jpg
3max.jpg

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure they're going for the Wallace & Gromit look, but wow. Those characters are, uh, something else. The teeth are freaking me out.

Also, that Two Point logo is on the cover four times.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Since when did they randomly started putting a stripe on the bottom of Xbox One games that says XBOX ONE? I noticed that for the first time when I got my copy of Control today.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The big news here is Funbox Media apparently getting into US publishing for the first time since they started up about 15 years ago.

They only started a few years back. From what I've seen, the team was at Zushi which of course was the original Zoo Digital Publishing (not to be confused with the NA division that was DSI Games). I think Zushi left around 2010 or so. I remember them being around in 2009 and took over and even re-released some of ZOO's catalogue in EU.

Fun Box picked things up from there. I assume the NA team has ZERO relation to Zoo Games/DSI games since they seem to be working with GS2 Games, which from research has folks from Maximum Games, including the founder?

I wonder where the Zoo Games team is these days. Back in 2011 after their last retail games like Pirate Blast on Wii (which was in development hell for years by Big Ant Studios as Soaked: Short Circuit with THQ), they rebranded as IndiePub and brought games like Eko's Storm(?) to digital stores. It was like a kickstarter thingy before KS even existed I think. Well after mere months or a year at most, they went poof and were forgotten.

Fun Box's presence in NA is almost like a revival of Zoo Games, but sadly not really the same since their games are priced much more, where Zoo typically priced games at $20, Fun Box's are like $40 plus. :(