• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
zZMW3qm.jpg

December will be the 20th anniversary of PSO's first release shotgun the bday thread. Do you think Sega will do anything to celebrate? Besides a re-release of the Dreamcast mag in PSO2 or some other PSO2 event? And just because:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They should relaunch it for PS4, PC, Xbox and Switch with Crossplay.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
There'll be a PSO2 event, at most. There's already a PSO2 bonus edition that IIRC bags you all the PSO costumes in one swoop, so that's probably their means of shouting out the old PSO fans.

It's probably not a very smart business move to them to do something like relaunch their old MMO while running the latest one, which itself took like 6 years just to come over here and seemingly only did so because Microsoft helped out, nostalgia be damned.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
They should relaunch it for PS4, PC, Xbox and Switch with Crossplay.
I think the gameplay is too slow for most people in 2020. Would be nice for nostalgia but I don't think a ton of people would enjoy it now, and I say this as someone currently playing it. Maybe I'm wrong 🤷‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Wow if they re-released that dated old game, that's be so stupid. I'd be there playing like 300 hours of it, that's be dumb. Powering up my MAG, what a laugh. OKAY CAN WE DO THIS FOR REAL?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want remasters of Portable and Portable 2 Infinity. They're hard to play today due to not being on PSN.

Also can't wait for the English PC release of PSO2

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
2 Infinity fan translation just entered a "closed beta" testing phase and should come out this quarter, so there's that besides western PSO2.

I think the gameplay is too slow for most people in 2020. Would be nice for nostalgia but I don't think a ton of people would enjoy it now, and I say this as someone currently playing it. Maybe I'm wrong 🤷‍♂️
Just add a turbo mode!

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just add a turbo mode!
Yeah the private server Destiny with its high XP rate is pretty fun lol. Maybe if they condensed the difficulty modes into 2 instead of 4, increased xp and increased drop rates it would be more friendly. I think the general combat slowness combined with the low drop rates make the carrot on a stick loop too daunting.

Of course this is all assuming people want to play it for a long time. A single play through or two for nostalgia is fine as is lol.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It was a glorious game for the time. A true game changer for console gaming. Shame the sequel is not fun in any way.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
PSO3 announcement in cooperation with Microsoft (Game Pass, Windows 10 exclusive, other platforms later) for WW release does not seem unlikely to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought they were gonna do pso3, and pso2 looked to be wrapping up, but now they're adding a new class in Jp and finally bringing it to the west I'm not so sure.

Kuma

alt account
Banned
Apr 15, 2020
Hopefully just PSO3. Sick of that game already it's 20 years old. PS5 needs it.

Dude.

We just got 2 and you already want to kill it?

2 is ancient and I'm sure the localized version is behind Japan like how the Asia version was. It's also baffling that the vita and PS4 versions haven't been localized with patches. They have cross progression with PC and each other. Does the XOne version have this option? I remember DCUniverse on XBox having its separate server from everyone.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Dude.

We just got 2 and you already want to kill it?

They can run both in paralell. PSO3 could provide a different flavour, and be more slower paced like PSO1 was

Besides, it could just a be a beta announcement for 2021 and then release it in 2022. Plenty of time to have PSO2 out there.

I happen to think that the PSO2 localization happened just to get the name out there again.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Best soundtrack in gaming history.

It would be iconic even without the imprint it's left from thousands of hours of gameplay :-p