• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Link:

Seth goes in on how the media has been trying to downplay Sanders wins or gone full in to stupid mode. Merge me into a three headed centrist monster if old.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's been ridiculous to see how terrible MSNBC has been towards the rise of Sanders, I never watched them before, im a CNN (tv wise) guy, but hearing so many people before talk about how MSNBC is for lefties then seeing everything so far this cycle makes me want to continue never watching them. CNN sucks too tbh but at least every once in a while they are fair to everyone.

Bernie is extremely likely to be our nominee and I hope everyone in the party begins to unite behind him regardless of their preference in the primary if he wins because we cannot let President Shithead have another 4 years of destroying our democracy. Theres just no room for any of the never bernie movement right now.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

I know we had a thread on this video already but it's fucking magnificent. So glad people are talking about it. I've been waiting for Democrats to have their tea party moment for a decade. Time to take out some fucking trash.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how none of these confounded media figures relevant to this ever seem to think to ask "maybe there's something about this system and/or the way we are covering it that could be contributing to our disconnection with the voting public?"

Like I honestly think if they could ask that question honestly there might be some fruitful answers there.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
whats going on. are young people clawing their way into writers room these days or are the fuddy duddies that run this shit seeing the writing on the walls? its weird seeing Bernie defense of this sort coming from a major late night show.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I hate MSM with how much power they have in dictating discourse. They decide what news should be as the headline.

I don't know what is the best way to hold them accountable.

to compare Bernie winning to neo nazis is not just shameful, but that's blatant ignorance.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Seth probably isn't the funniest of the late night shows but his news coverage has been generally very solid and better than most of the actual news outlets tbh

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
They are trying to control the narrative but it's not working anymore. Irrelevance can be scary.

Chris Matthews should have resigned or been fired on the spot.

Dec 29, 2017
Sevilla, Spain
It's been ridiculous to see how terrible MSNBC has been towards the rise of Sanders, I never watched them before, im a CNN (tv wise) guy, but hearing so many people before talk about how MSNBC is for lefties then seeing everything so far this cycle makes me want to continue never watching them. CNN sucks too tbh but at least every once in a while they are fair to everyone.

Bernie is extremely likely to be our nominee and I hope everyone in the party begins to unite behind him regardless of their preference in the primary if he wins because we cannot let President Shithead have another 4 years of destroying our democracy. Theres just no room for any of the never bernie movement right now.

It feels like being a little bit more left (or appearing as such) compared to your run of the mill neoliberal, centrist democrat is just the market share they've decided for themselves. But at the end of the day they're still part of a mega corporation so they'll try to destroy any progressive before their slightly more liberal audience falls, what they see as, too far to the left.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Lately when it comes to late night shows, I've been enjoying more of Seth Myers' "A Closer Look". It's been mostly impartial and cuts out most of the bullshit either news media doesn't want to talk about or even late night hosts don't want to spotlight on. The whole "let's pile on Bernie even though he's leading almost everywhere" narrative was probably the top story of the weekend besides Trump going to India yet compare how Myers' brought an insight to it compared to Stephen Colbert's attempt when he came back last nigh in his first 5 minutes:

For many months, Colbert just gotten so lazy and unfunny with his monologues with the few exceptions when he gives his commentary every time Trump does something evil or if a tragic event transpires.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Myers' brought an insight to it compared to Stephen Colbert's attempt when he came back last nigh in his first 5 minutes:

TBF you're comparing an entire segment from Meyers focused on politics to a standard late night monologue. Colbert's desk segments usually dive deeper in the politics pool and are probably a better comparison. I agree Meyers kills it more though I love the snark of both.