• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
man just think all the bullshit this guy missed while on break lmao. a fooking insurrection happened, among like a dozen other wild ass things

Yeah, I recall they used to do mini YouTube only episodes for big events in the off season but guess covid or the fact that every day something pretty insane seems to happen means they can't\wont do that

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Was that Jack McBrayer as the virus voice?

because it sounded just like Badgey.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden

A very good one.
And depressing as absolute fuck.
Cause it's a retread of police militarization again.
Holy fucking shit this is wrong on so many levels.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"Meghan Markle and her unemployed husband opened up about racism in the royal family..."

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
In Last Week Tonight's latest episode, a look into Yahoo Answers. One had: 'Alvin... and the Chipmunks?'

300px-No%2C_No._He%27s_Got_a_Point.jpg

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
So I DVR Last Week Tonight off Sky in the UK. I went to watch the most recent episode just now and a minute in and there was a really awkward skip which I assumed was an issue with my Tivo. Coincidentally I've since learned that the missing footage was a Prince Phillip joke which apparently my sensitive UK ears aren't allowed to hear. Can any other UK viewer confirm if the joke was intentionally cut?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
So I DVR Last Week Tonight off Sky in the UK. I went to watch the most recent episode just now and a minute in and there was a really awkward skip which I assumed was an issue with my Tivo. Coincidentally I've since learned that the missing footage was a Prince Phillip joke which apparently my sensitive UK ears aren't allowed to hear. Can any other UK viewer confirm if the joke was intentionally cut?

I know the UK does not allow commons/parliament footage used for comedy so Last Week Tonight has to replace it (usually with nonsense) when it airs there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the broadcaster cut a Prince Philip joke. It was pretty tame, too, just commenting that him and the Queen were cousins.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA

They talked about Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth being cousins. He said they were related and got married also known as a Giuliani meet-cute.

www.vulture.com

John Oliver Has the Last Laugh About Prince Philip

“It’s a tragedy if you don’t know a single thing about him.”

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord the UK censored that joke?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I only noticed there was something cut because the edit was badly done and you caught a split second image on the left side. Figured it was something about Prince Philip.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like anytime the royals or parliament are brought up in comedy, UK turns into China in terms of censorship.

The Parliament thing is a law ("Cannot laugh at any parliamentary scene" or something). Anything regarding the royals could just be that the media is so nationalistic nowadays that broadcasters are now experiencing a "chilling effect" of seeing the potential front pages on The Sun and Daily Mail and deciding it's not worth the hassle. And even without the media specifically, targeted complaint campaigns can be atrocious for PR.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
John Oliver calling out Biden, Americas "Peaceful protests please" bullshit and the police, he is definetly treading the far left line.

Good. Fuck this system. Fuck capitalism.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Noticed Sky in the UK cut the introduction of this week's episode last night, looked it up on YouTube to see it was the comment...

He introduced the show and compared the void to Prince Philip's coffin.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Noticed Sky in the UK cut the introduction of this week's episode last night, looked it up on YouTube to see it was the comment...

He introduced the show and compared the void to Prince Philip's coffin.
Do they really think that anyone watching Last Week Tonight is going to make a complaint about that? What really gets me is the scene they cut last week was footage of Sky News!

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
John Oliver explains Black hair.

It's about discrimination and politics about Black hair.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I see that John Oliver got introduced to Texas dustpin Ben Shapiro cosplayer Briscoe Cain, consistently one of the worst state politicians.

Oct 29, 2017
Great episode!!!! Every year, at the Emmys, the crew of John Oliver's show sits in the same section. They treat the show like an sporting event cheering and booing loudly. They've won the last two I've attended. They are probably going to win again this year as well. Whoever wrote last night's episode needs to go on stage with him.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Really interesting episode! I've never understood why anyone cares about how anyone else's hair looks. It's not their business.

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood what compels adults to want to touch black people's hair. Leave them alone. How would you like it if people went up to you and wanted to touch your hair?

Dec 23, 2017
This weeks video is so infuriating. The guy in Texas that shot the two people in the back getting a damn applaud from the crowd was just sickening.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This is some star trek worthy technobable for their bullshit medial product.

Last edited:

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at this week's episode. I've worked at TV stations with those kinds of lifestyle shows, but they all had strict rules against anyone from the news side ever doing anything with advertisers of any kind.

dmshaposv

Oct 27, 2017
Why didn't the put up his story segment about Palestine and Israel on YouTube?

It's probably the most unbiased, honest and ballsiest take by anyone yet.