• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The main story on the latest Last Week Tonight (with John Oliver) is about sports and the coronavirus.

Some of us have found an alternative to sports (with humans) in Jelle's Marble Runs (with marbles) and 3D Bot Maker (with diecast model cars).

And so has John.

At the end of the video, John reveals that Last Week Tonight are the sponsors of the next Marble League (it starts on the 21 june) and that they're giving away prize money during the events.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I've been so happy seeing them constantly do good stuff like this with their budget this season, but still tie it into the absurdities of the show (i.e. the "Up All Night" painting search with a 20K food pantry donation tied into it).

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
As something new that discovered Marble League on Era, it's been pretty great to watch the come up this year. This sponsorship is just the icing. John Oliver continues to be the GOAT.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
did someone say model cars?

2921100-thatsrad.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mimo's going to kill it this year, you can tell she's ready for an intense season

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to feel about this when he clearly has bias towards the Midnight Wisps. Hope they will not rig the games in their favour because of this.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yusss, happy for Jelle, this is a big get.

Who even needs dumb human sports?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
last week tonight has been consistently great during this time

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i do like that HBO gives the show a seemingly good sized budget to do stuff like this

they can't do the big showy stuff, like huge musical segments like pre-covid, but they can still do some fun things

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
What I don't understand is how in a completely chance based sport, my beautiful Oceanics suck so fucking consistently.