• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
The internet and social media have provided every village idiot, bigot, racist and sociopath a megaphone and social club.

It is up to the platform provider's to regulate what they allow as discourse on their public square's.

The pressure should always be on these companies and companies that provide them financial support that allow hate speech death threats. This behaviour is not acceptable in any inclusive society.

Last edited:

t0rment

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week) - Trolling
Creative risks? What part of TLOU2 was creative exactly?

I don't care about them taking risks. I rather they make good games.

Uncharted 4 didn't really take risks or be creative. I was more engaged with the characters and story of that game 10x more than This mess.

Apparently for ND stans copying a plot device from 20 years ago is taking risks.

Newsflash: Nier Automata did the same thing, but better.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently for ND stans copying a plot device from 20 years ago is taking risks.

Its insane to me how dismissive people are because others like something they don't. Get over yourself, your opinion isn't special. But keep sharing it in a thread about the game's director and actors getting death threats since its apparently insanely important to you.

Oct 25, 2017
Its insane to me how dismissive people are because others like something they don't. Get over yourself, your opinion isn't special. But keep sharing it in a thread about the game's director and actors getting death threats since its apparently insanely important to you.

It's the same energy of people trying to dismiss death threats because "they're a shield for legitimate criticism"

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

DId you even fucking play it ? Your post history suggests you didn't.

What is this with thos low-posts accounts who are so interested in hating on the game, I wonder.

Why did I subject myself to that lmao

Well it's uselful info to see the kind of user that's allowed to roam freely. Several people have mentioned them in this very thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And lol how am I a ND stan? He brought up Uncharted 4 earlier but tbh I hated that game. It felt like yet another Naughty Dog release at the time. It turned me off completely from ND games that I didn't even buy the standalone UC title that released after 4 and had zero hype going into TLOU2.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Neil just got another death threat real nice. Not going to bother posting it since it spoilers as well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Shocked it took so long for some low effort drive-by posts to pop up, they aren't going to respond, they just want (and unfortunately achieved) to derail the thread.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
This game should be celebrated for it's amazing diverse representation. Fuck the haters. And lol to the person who said Nier did it already. It had "dat ass" to calm the alt-right bigots.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
It's been dumbfounding how vile people can be to other actual human beings over fictional freakin' characters. I feel awful for Druckmann. I'd also recently finished the Kinda Funny episode with Laura Bailey, and it was heartbreaking to see her reacting to the hate she's been getting. She talked about how much the game meant to her, especially because during the time of filming for the game, she became pregnant with her first child, who is now two years old. Bailey really teared up when talking about the vitriol she'd received, which was horrible to see.

I truly can't get my head around it. You don't have to like something, but harassing and sending death threats to creators in response is beyond pathetic. I bet 99% of the people wouldn't even be brave enough to say such things directly to the person in question, either. Ah, the joys of cowardice and semi-anonymity on the internet.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
unknown.png

It was incredibly tone deaf considering the death threats ND has been getting.

unknown.png

Didn't she say in her review people are better than Naughty Dog thinks? Oh the irony lol

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I am honestly amazed how Neil and other people haven't simple given up and left game development at all. For me, all the money in the world wouldn't be worth this kind of treatment and stress.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations,you are a well rounded individual....that means there are at least two of us now,lol.Game was magnificent!

Make that 3. Game is a masterpiece for me too. I've had friends skip out on the game because of THAT happening and their excuses were as thin as you'd expect

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
So ALL the hate
was because Joel died? Something seen coming from a mile away?

edit: I am so freaking sorry. My bad entirely for being careless.

Last edited:

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This annoys me so much. Say what you want about the game itself but the fact that people take this personal and can't detach the character from the actor? Let alone attack the director? With Death threats? These are more than likely the same people who read the spoilers completely out of context with this ignorant vitriol. Just stupid man. People like this really make me despise the internet at times. ugh.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish death threats on Twitter were an arrestable offense.

No one deserves this crap.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
This thread became the exact reason why the other thread about ERA changing was made. So many personal attacks, offenses, stupid discussion about subjective preference. You know, it's possible to disagree without sarcasm.