• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
This is the second time he has done this. Its impressive but I wish he would retire and just disappear.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In an interview with Ariel Helwani he mentioned he is set to make around $80 million....

Lol you believe that? Nah, they're vastly inflating their numbers. $30-40 million seems a reasonable take for this fight, unless it magically did 1.5 mill sales, which seems impossible

Oct 25, 2017
I remember goin to parties for Tyson fights that would last less than 10 seconds. Like we want the party to keep goin, why mike gotta ice em like that.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the reason pro wrestling switched to fixed fights. The crowds would get pissed if a main even was short.

Na Pro wrestling when it was shoot had fights go to long. Grappling matches lasting hours.

Now Pancrase in Japan in the 90's did do something due to fights ending too quickly. They told the top guys to carry their opponent to make the fight last longer even though the end result wasn't pre determined.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I was laughing at the Tweets saying that Connor is back. This was a literal gimme for him and a perfect matchup. It ended only slightly faster than I thought it would.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Masvidal's KO of Ben Askren lasted like 5 seconds and it was the most satisfying, entertaining and talked about UFC finish of probably the last decade.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
easiest match-up they could find for him, and cerrone looked like he was just thankful for the payday all week.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I remember being in parties with UFC where the main event ended in a KO the first round. As long as people had a good time and everyone reacted to the KO, it's ok to me.

That being said, I'm sure this helped ESPN+ sell some subs.

Nov 7, 2017
source.gif

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since he came out as a Trump monkey, I've really enjoyed every time Cowboy gets KOed.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
It was a weird one too. First those shoulder strikes which fucked cowboys nose and then a headkick from Conor which was the end of Cerrone. All around I was fairly impressed as I was sure cowboy would have caused him at least some trouble.

Last edited:

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
It was a weird one too. First those shoulder strikes which fucked cowboys nose and then a headkick from Conor which was the end of Cerrone. All around I was fairly impressed as I was sure cowboy would have caused him at least some troube.
The shoulder strikes also fucked up Cowboys eye. I was definitely impressed, but also surprised Conor came out guns blasting. Everything he threw were bombs.

And lmao at people saying Cowboy took a dive. GTFO with that shit or come with receipts. Have you seen his face? I've never seen anyone taking a dive for money getting destroyed like that and in what way? Getting destroyed by shoulder strikes that no fighter have utilized in that way. If Cowboy was paid to take a dive I expected the first left that Conor threw to connect and "KO" Cowboy within 5 seconds to make it even more spectacular. During the post fight interview Cowboy didn't even know what hit him and said the "elbow" that hit him. He was most likely concussed.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When cowboy ducked the opening punch and got kneed in the head the match was over. You could tell that staggered him and he went for the clutch and got those brutal shoulder tags. Just a total domination from McGregor.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Na Pro wrestling when it was shoot had fights go to long. Grappling matches lasting hours.

Now Pancrase in Japan in the 90's did do something due to fights ending too quickly. They told the top guys to carry their opponent to make the fight last longer even though the end result wasn't pre determined.

I'll site my source, the amazing David Shoemaker book. Apparently quick matches were bad for business once submissions became more common.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Feel bad for people who dropped like $100 on the PPV (I'm assuming that's how much it cost), only for the fight to be over in 40 seconds.