• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't jumped on the Era hate train for the show (I thought the first 3 of the season were good), but this episode in particular was very bad. A lot of it comes from having to wrap up a storyline that wasn't close to being finished in just 7 episodes. It's way too much to soon.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
7.7 is low? Seems average. It felt really rushed.
Jon not saying farewell, or a pat, hug of any kind to Ghost. Like, that was it.
Like Bronn appears out of nowhere. Threatens to kill one of them. Tyrion offers a better place and he just goes off. He could have offered assistance on the defense of King's Landing since he was the Captain of the City Guard. Nope, he's out. I guess double crossing Cersi wasn't profitable enough.
Varys and Tyrions talk was the best part. Varys was always for the people of the 7 realms no matter who was on the throne at the time.
Jaime going back to King's Landing was the point of no return, no redemption arc for him. No happy ending for him.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah the writing is shit, but you gotta admit it's at least still really ambitious. The directing is good, acting is fantastic as always. I don't think that it was one of the worst. The first part was actually good I think ? In Winterfell ?
But yeah the problem is the writing.
But I gotta say, on the debated points :

Jaime is definitely going "back to Cersei" to kill her imo. Of course the D&D didn't revealed he's going to kill her lol. I feel like it's even hinted when he says something like "she's horrible, so do I" or something like that to Brienne. Like "I'll kill her, and I'll get killed doing so, because I deserve to die."

Jon not petting Ghost is sad as fuck, but I kinda get the feeling behind it I think ? It's some kind of poetry (it rhymes), a nod to Arya seeing her wolf in last season. They just looked at eachother, and that's it. Arya and Jon are both lonewolves. (Well, Jon is not you could argue, dude is beloved by everyone and was definitely part of a group of people at the Night's Watch, and with the Wildlings. But I think that's what the showrunners wanted to imply with this scene, he's a lonewolf, its own kind of dude, who feel like he's alone)

Now on the bad things... Bronn... What the fuck was that scene. What was even the point. Dude leaved the money in season 7 in order to save Jaime from the dragon, you know, because, Jaime and Tyrion are actually his friends, and now he comes in like "WHERE'S MY MONEY GODAMIT, I'M ABOUT TO KILL YOU BOTH" and then "ah ! Now that's a deal ! See ya !"

Also the "teleportation" was not a problem for me in season 7, I didn't care. But in this episode... Yeah it was too much. What the fuck happenned.

Also it just blew my mind when I realised in two episodes it'll be over. It's definitely going to be mostly battles right ?... The "politics" will just be some treasons here and there and that's it ? Fuck. Nothing happened in this season. Even the good moments (episode 2, which I find was awesome) were just people doing nothing. The rest of it is people fighting. Shame.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
mz8O84U.jpg

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Jon would never have left without saying a proper goodbye to Ghost
  • Ghost would never have left Jon

I agreed with that Jon should have petted and said a goodbye to Ghost, but him leaving Ghost can symbolize him, until further, leaving his old identity as Jon Snow.

• Varys has no reason to suddenly turn on Danerys whatsoever

Yes he does. Varys loyalty lies within the people which he also has stated in previous seasons. He supports the person he thinks would do the realm the best, who would help the people the most. Now that Varys has learned that not just is Jons claim to the throne stronger than Dany, but Jon is quite different than Dany. Jon is loved by people, people follow him because they support him out of trust and so on. Just like Rhaegar, Jons father. Like how Barristan talks about Rhaegar in Essos about how Rhaegars people followed him because they believed in him and they loved him.

Timetamp 1:35

Timetstamp: 03:05

• The Wildlings, whose whole arc was to get into Westeros proper, would not voluntarily decide to leave Westeros, especially given how many empty keeps, towns, and settlements there are for them to take residence in

They are not leaving Westeros? Tormund went back to Castle Black.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Last nights episode deserves a 4 or 3 rating. The only good thing about that episode was probably Varys and Tyrion dialogues. They added depth to the narrative.

Absurdeity

Jun 2, 2018
  • The Wildlings, whose whole arc was to get into Westeros proper, would not voluntarily decide to leave Westeros, especially given how many empty keeps, towns, and settlements there are for them to take residence in
I think the wildlings driving factor to get across the wall was to escape the winter. Now that Winter's gone and the Wall is down, why not go back to what they know best without the fear of White Walkers?

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
They are literally spiritually linked to them...
Ehh.. I've seen very little of that aside from Bran (who is a warg). Even if that's the case, Ghost and the other direwolves have been pretty small parts of the series. I'm honestly surprised they even bothered to show anything about Ghost, I had assumed he just died in the battle.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I think the wildlings driving factor to get across the wall was the escape the winter. Now that Winter's gone and the Wall is down, why not go back to what they know best without the fear of White Walkers?
That's only been their driving factor for the past year or so. Throughout the history of the Westeros, for as long as the Wall has existed, the Wildlings have been mad about the fact that the Night's Watch won't let them past the Wall.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this wasn't two episodes. I like the slower paced character moments and building political intrigue of the Winterfell celebrations, but the second half of the episode should have been it's own thing. It totally feels like 15 minutes of scenes were cut to fit into the running time. Lots of weird cuts between scenes, like the mast falling on Tyrion.

There's not really any travel time inconsistencies in the way that there were Beyond the Wall, as scenes are mostly sequential. That only falls apart if you imagine the episode taking place over a few days instead of weeks.

Absurdeity

Jun 2, 2018
That's only been their driving factor for the past year or so. Throughout the history of the Westeros, for as long as the Wall has existed, the Wildlings have been mad about the fact that the Night's Watch won't let them past the Wall.
Before they got across the Wall they really didn't know what life was about beyond the Wall. Now that they've been across for some time, made friends with the North and noticed that their way of life wouldn't be compatible with the ways of Westerosi life, why wouldn't it make sense for them to want to go back?

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you ever wanted proof of how badly the show fucked up the direwolves, this is it:

Ehh.. I've seen very little of that aside from Bran (who is a warg). Even if that's the case, Ghost and the other direwolves have been pretty small parts of the series. I'm honestly surprised they even bothered to show anything about Ghost, I had assumed he just died in the battle.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He very clearly said multiple times that they're going back to the North, "the real North", and that he'll be taking his people through Castle Black.

Yeah, I missed the "through".

However, in the writers defense, only reason they went south was because of the walkers. If they stayed behind, they would be meat to the NKs army.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Before they got across the Wall they really didn't know what life was about beyond the Wall. Now that they've been across for some time, made friends with the North and noticed that their way of life wouldn't be compatible with the ways of Westerosi life, why wouldn't it make sense for them to want to go back?
It might have made sense if it hadn't come out of nowhere and they'd bothered to build it up properly rather than just dropping that scene out of nowhere.

However, in the writers defense, only reason they went south was because of the walkers.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was alright. Then again I'm not invested into the show like everybody else considering this is my first season.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I really understand that the show and the book are different and the show is an adaptation,but i willl never forgive the show for what it did to book Jamie,NEVER.

Oct 25, 2017
How much time would have reasonably gone between the moment Jaime left King's Landing last season, and the last episode?

Less than 4 months?

2-3 months is how I imagine it. Between the Jaime part of the finale and the start of the 2nd episode of the season was about a month, then episodes 2 and 3 together span like 12-24 hours, then episode four is a few weeks or a month.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how killing the NK miraculously cured the winter lol. That's not how any of this shit works for ffs. Seasons are such a big part of the lore and they have just brushed it over.

arglebargle

Oct 26, 2017
im not surprised that people didnt like the episode, i am surprised it took until now for the outrage. the bad writing and stupidity of the characters has been apparent since at least the previous season. it is clear the showrunners have decided to replace any kind of coherent storytelling with spectacle. i thought we had all just accepted that and decided to finish out watching the show anyway.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

BAH, we know how shit the writers are.........they will somehow be involved in the last skirmish even if it makes absolutely no fucking sense

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
The main reason the Wildlings wanted to get beyond the wall to Westeros was because the Night King/White Walkers/Wights were out there and it was safer on the other side of the wall.When Mance Rayder was the King Beyond the Wall he may have wanted to settle but Tormound clearly prefers the "real" north that he grew up in. They still have good relations with the Nights Watch and there seems to be an open border so they could decide to come back once theres not a giant war going on.

Most of Westoros that isn't Jon seems bigoted/racist so like Grey Worm and Messindi I don't know why they'd want to stick around.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, there's a reason people have years of expectation. These episodes aren't self-contained serials.
Lmao of course they aren't. My point being peoples expectations are through the roof, and on the whole the internet is going to freak out at ANY ending of the series regardless of quality. Plenty of folks have all sorts of stuff built up in their heads, from stuff mentioned once three seasons ago to book only stuff to weird theories like the Arya-wight thing people were discussing in the OT. Making everyone happy with the resolution is a virtual impossibility.

Opinions will vary, but I've enjoyed the vast majority of the series.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Lmao of course they aren't. My point being peoples expectations are through the roof, and on the whole the internet is going to freak out at ANY ending of the series regardless of quality. Plenty of folks have all sorts of stuff built up in their heads, from stuff mentioned once three seasons ago to book only stuff to weird theories like the Arya-wight thing people were discussing in the OT. Making everyone happy with the resolution is a virtual impossibility.
I think the criticism is less about what's happening and more about how everything that is happening is being handled.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User submitted ratings on any website are completely worthless, why do people still care about them??