• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a different metric, but that's funny coming off the most watched episode of TV in HBO's history last week.

No defense though, it was pretty bad.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A record that will be broken twice more in the coming weeks.

Burn them all.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The "nerds gonna nerd" comments are silly for imdb/ GoT.

take a look at how high most of the episodes are rated, even in S7 when "nerds" were already complaining about the writing quality. S8 is just yet another big drop in writing quality that the more casual viewers are also bothered by.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
it was my first full episode of GOT and it didn't do it any favors, it seriously was like watching a common American medieval blockbuster. The dialogue was sooo melodramatic.

I know the series is not like this so I guess fans must be livid.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've somehow avoided GoT and by the time the hype was at its peak I decided I would wait for the show to finish before watching it.

Everything I hear about the last season has been bad though. Is the journey worth it?

Oct 27, 2017
I can see what the producers of the show did here. In order to save costs, they got funding for a full season, but used that money to produce only 6 episodes, which totally limited their storyline potential. Greed ruined the show.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This episode was a fucking shitshow lmao... Terrible pacing , terrible characters development , terrible plot. There was nothing good about this.

Jon? Ruined
Jaime? Ruined
Brienne? Ruined

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Complete trash. Character development out the window, story contrivances everywhere, and just a complete lack of any follow through to anything not related to the main cast and the rating is still to good.

Two years. Two fucking years, and as someone who caped for the last episode, I am just disgusted at how blatant this was just a set the pieces, plot be damned type of episode.

my feelings exactly :/

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see what the producers of the show did here. In order to save costs, they got funding for a full season, but used that money to produce only 6 episodes, which totally limited their storyline potential. Greed ruined the show.
No, the writers Dan and Dave, wanted to end the series last season as they were tired of working on the show and wanted to move on. HBO wanted to keep going, but wanted to keep them as the writers/ show runners. They met in the middle and did 13 episodes split into two seasons instead of 20 ep/ 2 seasons. The whole budget excuse is BS to an extent.

Nov 9, 2017
Kinda feel like Cersei would look a little more pregnant considering the amount of time that passed since she told Jaime she was pregnant. Perhaps she was never pregnant or this is a further example of bad writing.

It also felt like the producers tried to push the idea that "Good Dany" died with Ser Jorah in Winterfell but seemed poorly executed.

Nov 18, 2017
This episode was nowhere near as bad as some of season 7.

But it needed more time. The plot beat with Euron and he dragon was reasonable enough, it just needed to be actually thought out rather than the cartoon version we got.

They really should have dispatched Cersei/Euron in season 7 and dealt with Dany v Sansa v Night King in the final season.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I've somehow avoided GoT and by the time the hype was at its peak I decided I would wait for the show to finish before watching it.

Everything I hear about the last season has been bad though. Is the journey worth it?

Yes, it's still a fantastic show, and you will find me complaining a lot about the current season. It's still very entertaining and a spectacle, it just doesn't quite measure up to the heights it hit in its earlier seasons. Still well worth the watch though, and you'd b e hard pressed to find another tv show with such high production values.

That almost rounds up to an 8, so it was an ok/fine ep?

Yeah the number in itself is pretty good but you have to put it in context. Until now the lowest rated ep was 8.1. In context, a GoT episode scoring under 8 on imdb is bad.

Oct 17, 2018
Was a trash episode tbh. How tf does
Daenerys not see the massive ass fleet of ships before they shoot?
Just such a dumb ass way to try and even the playing field.

The last 2 episodes have just been utter garbage. Obviously just a case of D&D being like "fuck you we got our money".

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Lowest rated... I thought you meant lowest ratings... my bad. Yeah this season is getting a lot of internet hate. It's hard to end a series.

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of feels like it deserves it. To me, it feels like the writing has really gone to shit this season.
it was total garbage
It honestly deserves it. One of my least favorite episodes ever from the show.
Well it's probably the worst got episode of all time.

My rating would be 2/10 so 7.7 is pretty generous i think.
yup, it was terrible, no surprise. finally people are calling them out for shitty writting.
This is the first egregiously bad episode in a while imo. I just stopped caring after that certain WTF moment, felt like we were given the cliff-noted version of an episode.
It's because it was really bad. It's a show that insults the viewers intelligence.
Why?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Last night's episode felt like Goldberg just running in and spearing/jackhammering Brock Lesnar in a 15 second match before heading back up the ramp into the lockeroom.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
In addition to have a low opinion on last night's episode, I can say that I have a very low opinion on what we've seen of the season so far. Maybe even lower than I do for season 5. If you like it that's OK!, but it should be OK to be able to say that you don't like it and the reasons why without being called stupid, a nerd or whatever derogatory term is the day's fashion.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I can get the other two but how was Jaime ruined?
He's been ruined since season 5.

Jokes aside though,

When he came to Winterfell from King's Landing, did he really think he'd go right back after fighting against the White Walkers? No, he absolutely came North with the intention of never going back- or at least that's how the show portrayed it. When he arrived at Winterfell, he told them everything he knew about Cersei's plans and the fact that she'd hired the Golden Company.

Him deciding to go back because he fears Dany will now definitely murder Cersei makes no sense, because really, was there ever any doubt that that wouldn't happen? His decision to go back just seems like an awfully convenient one that serves no purpose beyond creating artificial unnecessary drama, and also completely ruins the big step his character took at the end of last season.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The spoiler-free version, every major sequence seemed to happen out sheer convenience to make the finale more interesting/plausible.
  1. Cersei having a seemingly unstoppable dragon killing weapon
  2. Dragon being killed by said weapon out of no where and without being seen because of "rocks"
  3. Missandei being captured and killed
  4. Varys and Tyrion exchange
  5. The secret not being a secret literally seconds later
  6. Tyrion not being killed as he approached King's Landing
  7. If the ballista could snipe a dragon clean out the sky 1000s of meters away at sea, why couldn't it snipe and destroy Dany's entire army out of KL's with ease?

Last edited:

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's been a different kind of show since about season six or so, it doesn't make it a "bad show" it's just a different one. Some fans understand and are fine with this, others talk shit and then watch it anyway so they can bitch.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
stupid NERDS

just turn off your brains already! enjoy the EPIC and COOL moments from your favourite characters! :D

It doesn't matter if the writing sucks and makes no sense, the show is still awesome

don't know why you NERDS even watch it if you don't like it anyway... lmao...