• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Only gone through two episodes so far, but I like the head coach and holy shit Walker was on fucking FIRE during the game at the end of Ep.2.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Up to Ep.6 and RJ just continuously gets shit on by coach. Just brutal. It's kind of amazing. Can't help but feel bad for the guy, though- especially considering his family history (which really was fascinating and dark and unexpected).

edit: is it bad form to double-post when no one else is posting? 😂

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about jumping into this. Last season just wasn't for me, how's the new coach/team this year?

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Great season so far. Had a roller coaster of emotions when they bring up the Mists of Avalon
Oh wow that's her grandson.. oh shit that family is really messed up.

Overall everyone is so much more likeable than previous seasons. Maybe it's editing but the kids aren't as annoying and im actually rooting for them.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Great season so far. Had a roller coaster of emotions when they bring up the Mists of Avalon
Oh wow that's her grandson.. oh shit that family is really messed up.

Overall everyone is so much more likeable than previous seasons. Maybe it's editing but the kids aren't as annoying and im actually rooting for them.

Agreed. All the players come off as fairly likable thus far. The star cornerback dude (#2; can't recall his name) is pretty cocky, but not offensively cocky and it seems he's trying to live up to a really talented older brother.

Coach Bream isn't as punchable as other head coaches from previous seasons. He can be super harsh, but other than the weird obsession with blasting RJ at every opportunity he seems pretty fair. He has NO tolerance for his guys fuckin off, though, which is good.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Watched 2 episodes, has a way different feel because Coach Beam is way more laid back compared to the other two. So far, it seems like almost all the players have to work, go to school, practice, and commute which is not something everyone had to deal with before. Hope there aren't any tragedies for this team.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love Dior so far after two episodes. Really hope he holds it together for the team and for himself off the field. Breaks my heart seeing the struggle some of these kids endure.

Agreed. All the players come off as fairly likable thus far. The star cornerback dude (#2; can't recall his name) is pretty cocky, but not offensively cocky and it seems he's trying to live up to a really talented older brother.

Coach Bream isn't as punchable as other head coaches from previous seasons. He can be super harsh, but other than the weird obsession with blasting RJ at every opportunity he seems pretty fair. He has NO tolerance for his guys fuckin off, though, which is good.

Second episode made it seem like he deliberately acts harsh while his other coaches pump the player back up. He said something along those lines to the QB Coach. Even so, at his angriest, he seems far more respectable than the previous coaches.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking swerve in episode 4. I had no idea what the Mists of Avalon reference had to do with this. What an insane family this poor kid is a part of.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I always find this show highly watchable, but it's interesting that next season is JC Basketball. I wonder if the team simply lost their taste of JC football after dealing with so many hard stories.

Oct 30, 2017
It's less offensive but also a bit less entertaining so far (on Ep. 3). At least there aren't fools stupid enough to not even show up at class.

I do wanna know how the fuck you can have three kids in college though. No one's perfect, a lot of these guys are immature and there were a lot of young fathers in this show already, I get it...but THREE KIDS? No shit money is tight, should've spent some on rubbers.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the season. Damn man, I love Dior. What a hard working kid. I was really glad to hear he made it on at Hawaii. The dude seems genuine as fuck, has pride, and works his ass off. Any coach in the country would be lucky to have a guy like that on their team. Also really hope RJ finds a spot too. He really seems like hes had a tough go of it as well, even if he has a hot temper at times, you can tell hes a hard worker with a lot of passion.

In terms of the season of the actual show, it felt like we really didnt get to know much of the team outside of 2-3 guys. Which is ok, but the previous seasons felt like we had more characters to get involved in. There was no real teacher figure that got a spotlight, which was also one of my favorite things about previous seasons. Seeing how those teachers cared about those kids always brought a tear to my eye.

Again, I hope we continue to get this show. Its one of the best looks into college football that isnt these 5 star athletes that get everything they ask for. This is the real fucking deal and its a great look into how hard some of these kids struggle on a day to day basis, with really the only joy they get is that 60 minutes on the football field.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the season. Damn man, I love Dior. What a hard working kid. I was really glad to hear he made it on at Hawaii. The dude seems genuine as fuck, has pride, and works his ass off. Any coach in the country would be lucky to have a guy like that on their team. Also really hope RJ finds a spot too. He really seems like hes had a tough go of it as well, even if he has a hot temper at times, you can tell hes a hard worker with a lot of passion.

In terms of the season of the actual show, it felt like we really didnt get to know much of the team outside of 2-3 guys. Which is ok, but the previous seasons felt like we had more characters to get involved in. There was no real teacher figure that got a spotlight, which was also one of my favorite things about previous seasons. Seeing how those teachers cared about those kids always brought a tear to my eye.

Again, I hope we continue to get this show. Its one of the best looks into college football that isnt these 5 star athletes that get everything they ask for. This is the real fucking deal and its a great look into how hard some of these kids struggle on a day to day basis, with really the only joy they get is that 60 minutes on the football field.

This was the last football season sadly. Next season is juco basketball

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I always find this show highly watchable, but it's interesting that next season is JC Basketball. I wonder if the team simply lost their taste of JC football after dealing with so many hard stories.

yo what?!?!?!?! no. no no no no nooooo.

dont get me wrong, Id love to see juco basketball... but make it a different series. hearing this succckkkkkssss...

i have a feeling that will be the beginning of the end for it at netflix.. hope im wrong though...

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
Up to Ep.6 and RJ just continuously gets shit on by coach. Just brutal. It's kind of amazing. Can't help but feel bad for the guy, though- especially considering his family history (which really was fascinating and dark and unexpected).

edit: is it bad form to double-post when no one else is posting? 😂

Nah, RJ is getting justifiably shat on so far (4 episodes in). From the sounds of it he's been there for multiple years and is still doing the same thing. Not listening to coaches, thinks he's hot shit, and thinks he's way better than he actually is. He would have fit in well with a lot of the players from previous seasons. With the exception of him whining and moaning constantly like a complete and utter child, most of the other players seem much more tolerable than the last couple of years at least.

I bailed out on Season 2 when they were trying to make excuses for a dude straight up punching a girl at a bar, so I can't comment on that. Binged through all the other seasons in the last couple of weeks. This season seems like the most tolerable one so far. Still plenty of episodes left though, so my stance might yet change!!