• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
Another day another miss for me. I don't know what else to do? I follow every person I can on Twitter that posts about websites getting stock in, and have numerous times gotten to those websites incredibly fast, but I just can't seem to get one. Feels bad.

You're not alone, my friend. That's all I can say...

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Man why are Official Dualsense Charging Stations just as hard to find as the damn PS5 itself?
I got one by luck, happened to see a Wario tweet about them right when he tweeted it so I was able to snag one. I hope you can get one soon though, it's been awesome having it to throw the controller on Instead of having the controller die on me all the time while I was playing.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
You're not alone, my friend. That's all I can say...

We'll get them soon enough I'm sure, but yeah, it's been a very frustrating past few months getting so close so many times but never getting one, while other people are somehow getting multiple consoles. We just need to keep trying, it will happen.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I snagged one at Best Buy, and now my watch is ended. It will be ready for pickup on Jan 15th.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Got Series X bundle from Gamestop didn't wanna buy all the extra stuff but since i can't get a new GPU i said fuck it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to nab a disc PS5 bundle at GS quite a bit after it went up. Must have been a stock refresh.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
Im honestly not sure If i got one ?????? I got to the checkout screen, have an order #, my credit card wasn't charged, and when i look up the order # its not there but Im starting at a screenshot of the screen that says ordered

Vexidus

Nov 22, 2017
Realistically, when would you expect to be able to just walk into a store and pick up a PS5 without an issue? Summer?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It was total luck, I was caught between work stuff and checked twitter to see they were listed 30 mins prior. I thought it was long gone, but checked for the heck of it and they relisted some fresh stock. If you're still looking, don't lose hope like I did, friends!

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
When people say snagged one, am I supposed to assume PS5? Aren't people on here still looking for a Series X two months later like myself?

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017

OOOF, I ended up going to the doctor for a minor emergency, and missed this yesterday, how unfortunate!

Still, I really appreciate you replying to me!

I'm disapointed I have to wait longer, but I was getting checked out by a doctor, so sadly I don't think there was any chance I was gonna get this drop.

Does gamestop sometimes restock their bundles?

Last edited:

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
GameStop finally refunded my PS5 digital bundle purchase from Black Friday. Had been in FedEx limbo since 12/7. At least I got 2 years of PS+ free basically since they sent me the codes right away.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on my 12/17 Walmart order which is supposedly still showing for tomorrow delivery. Expecting a shipping notification later today.

Nov 1, 2017
Walmart sounds pretty confident my ps5 I ordered a month ago will still be arriving today even though the FedEx tracking hasn't updated in 3 weeks. Pretty skeptical!

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I've just seen this article relating to SUP3R5 selling 304 custom black PS5 consoles and now cancelling all of them due to threats made to them.

I'm just wondering how did they manage to get the console as i doubt Sony would distribute to them and allow them to sell as a custom black console. Are they scalpers?

www.techradar.com

All black PS5 orders have been cancelled after team received 'threats to their safety'

The Twitter account has also now been deleted

BigBoss

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Walmart says my 12/17 PS5 order should arrive today yet I have no confirmation of shipment and my credit card still hasn't been charged...🤷‍♂️

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I was watching Wario64's Twitter feed religiously through notifications. Even then it was a crapshoot to get one, took about two weeks of me honestly trying.

I think Wario got tired of posting PS5 stuff. He never seems to be first anymore. But also it does seem like chances are less frequent these days.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I've just seen this article relating to SUP3R5 selling 304 custom black PS5 consoles and now cancelling all of them due to threats made to them.

I'm just wondering how did they manage to get the console as i doubt Sony would distribute to them and allow them to sell as a custom black console. Are they scalpers?

www.techradar.com

All black PS5 orders have been cancelled after team received 'threats to their safety'

From what I saw in the PS5 Reddit forum, the entire thing was either a scam or they were unable to handle demand. The company was brand new and apparently put together to create these custom PS5s but there was no indication that they actually had the 300 PS5 systems that they claimed to be customizing.

Now they are saying that everything is cancelled due to death threats but I imagine Sony probably stepped in with legal threats or something happened behind the scenes.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Wario got tired of posting PS5 stuff. He never seems to be first anymore. But also it does seem like chances are less frequent these days.

That's definitely possible with both of those, he gets a lot of people still spamming responses to his posts asking about PS5s. I'd certainly get tired at this point too.

And it does seem like there's more lulls now between drops on sites. Makes sense though, we're past the holidays and MS/Sony must be trying to ramp up production again before major restocks.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I saw in the PS5 Reddit forum, the entire thing was either a scam or they were unable to handle demand. The company was brand new and apparently put together to create these custom PS5s but there was no indication that they actually had the 300 PS5 systems that they claimed to be customizing.

Now they are saying that everything is cancelled due to death threats but I imagine Sony probably stepped in with legal threats or something happened behind the scenes.
yeah these guys screamed scam to me when i read this story.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles

www.techradar.com

I wouldn't be surprised if people threatened them, but it definitely seems weird and a gray scammy area. Also when I went on there it was $750 without the controller or some shit, before they took it down. They were cash grabbing hard then got found out I think...

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Best Buy pretty good about meeting their delivery targets? I have a console scheduled for pickup on Friday. Is that likely to be accurate?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This thread is dead.

Have they shifted the stock to Japan?

I was just thinking this earlier today, haha. I always check the page count before I open the thread, since that usually signals a drop. Looks like shipments have slowed over the last two weeks considerably. Surely not to Japan though, because Sony consoles haven't been performing super well there in years. I wonder if Sony is just holding back stock to make big retailer drops across the board? Though I can't see the logic in that strategy either. Just weird all around.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Another day another miss for me. I don't know what else to do? I follow every person I can on Twitter that posts about websites getting stock in, and have numerous times gotten to those websites incredibly fast, but I just can't seem to get one. Feels bad.

You don't know what else to do? Kick back and wait it out my friend. Patience seems to be a super power in this FOMO society. I am waiting for some casual time this year where I can stroll in the store or on Amazon and find a next gen system no sweat....in peace.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking this earlier today, haha. I always check the page count before I open the thread, since that usually signals a drop. Looks like shipments have slowed over the last two weeks considerably. Surely not to Japan though, because Sony consoles haven't been performing super well there in years. I wonder if Sony is just holding back stock to make big retailer drops across the board? Though I can't see the logic in that strategy either. Just weird all around.
They probably went all out for xmas and there will be a delay.

I also thought they might send some to Japan now to make up for the holidays but who knows. I don't see anything on PS5 drops lately though regardless of what is actually happening.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This thread is dead.

Have they shifted the stock to Japan?

I don't know about everyone else but I came to the conclusion that buying a PS5 wasn't worth the dozens of hours of grief and I gave up.

I'll try again in ... March? At whatever point I can either just by one online without having to win a lottery, or a retailer will actually allow me to place one on back-order.