• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Cat Pee was kind enough to offer me a Series X at cost. 16 hours ago I couldn't pull it off. Now that it's my birthday today my wife tells me I'm stupid for not taking the offer.
Anyone else have one of those spare Series X laying around? 🙏

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
My Walmart PS5 order from 12/17 drop shows a tracking number now. They are shipping it USPS wtf? It is coming from Atlanta. I live near Tampa Florida so not far. It says it should be here Monday the 4th. Just hope they leave it at the door like everyone else does. I don't want to have to go to the pickup center and be around people lol.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Ps5 just delivered today. Can't believe I was able to get a ps5 before the new year. All seem hopeless 2-3 weeks ago.

gfbandito

One Winged Slayer
Apr 5, 2020
Woke up to find out my cat puked on my bed, and that someone broke into my car last night. Hey maybe my ps5 order I've been waiting weeks for an update on actually has some progress made...

...oh. Fitting end to 2020 I guess

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this isn't about ps5 or series x delivery but FUCK fed ex. 2 days in a row i've gotten a failed delivery notice even though i was home and not once did those idiots even leave a door tag or anything. i was by the door at the times they said they tried delivering the package. i ordered some sennheiser's 6xx from drop that took about a month to ship and was delayed several times by fed ex and no way in hell i'm going through that again. what's worse is that i can't change anything about the package like making them hold it for me at a fed ex store. i have to go through drop and its probably too late for that.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
My 1-day shipping Amazon ps5 order says it's out for delivery since 7:05pm (from Amazon delivery) and it's 10:21pm I'm tired af and wanna just go to bed. Why so late and it's NYE you would think they'd wanna get out all their stuff for the day well before hand. Weird. I'm worried it's not coming aghhh

edit: lmao just updated to back at facility. Fuck Amazon. Support gave me $5 wooo....

edit: well Jan 2nd still hasn't updated after originally being out for delivery on the 31st and oddly going back to the facility a few hours later. Support said they would contact the facility and make sure they prioritize it and it arrives the 1st. No update on it halfway through the day today, really thinking it's lost or stolen.

Last edited:

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
My 1-day shipping Amazon ps5 order says it's out for delivery since 7:05pm (from Amazon delivery) and it's 10:21pm I'm tired af and wanna just go to bed. Why so late and it's NYE you would think they'd wanna get out all their stuff for the day well before hand. Weird. I'm worried it's not coming aghhh

edit: lmao just updated to back at facility. Fuck Amazon. Support gave me $5 wooo....

The poor person making next to nothing delivering packages on New Years Eve also wanted to go bed as well. ;)

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Woke up to find out my cat puked on my bed, and that someone broke into my car last night. Hey maybe my ps5 order I've been waiting weeks for an update on actually has some progress made...

You and me both. I'm waiting until the 12th for mine. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm just glad I was able to place the order on the 17th...waiting for almost a month after the fact is whatever at this point.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Decided to get back on my bullshit and put the clown suit on. eBay prices seem to be plummeting so I'm hoping it gets easier now that the scalpers are fucking off.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
this isn't about ps5 or series x delivery but FUCK fed ex. 2 days in a row i've gotten a failed delivery notice even though i was home and not once did those idiots even leave a door tag or anything. i was by the door at the times they said they tried delivering the package. i ordered some sennheiser's 6xx from drop that took about a month to ship and was delayed several times by fed ex and no way in hell i'm going through that again. what's worse is that i can't change anything about the package like making them hold it for me at a fed ex store. i have to go through drop and its probably too late for that.
Fedex is definitely the worse of all them. Even the defunded and consistently under attack USPS beats them in my experience. So much for the private sector!

Oct 26, 2017
My wait is finally over. The enormous beast that is the PS5 Digital Edition is towering above all else in my room. Appreciate the lookout but you can take me off the list now. Wonder when GameStop is going to charge me for the thing tho I wouldn't hate it if they never did :P

Did you ever get charged for it? I recently had something similar happen with an XSX bundle I preordered from GameStop. They charged me, as the items were preparing for shipment, the charge fell off my card, and now it's on its way to me and my card still says no charge.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Did you ever get charged for it? I recently had something similar happen with an XSX bundle I preordered from GameStop. They charged me, as the items were preparing for shipment, the charge fell off my card, and now it's on its way to me and my card still says no charge.
Nope. Ordered the 18th and on like the 24th GameStop put a debit hold on my card but never took anything out. Hold period came and went. Then it arrived on the 29th and still no charge since. Not sure if they ever intend to get their money at this point.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
It's January, and here I am, still on the PS5 hunt after a hiatus after a bogus seller fiasco.

Has PS Direct been selling again weekly? I see they had the queue back up Thursday. Any luck with Popfindr or myStore app?

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Post office driver dropped off my Walmart 12/17 drop PS5 15 minutes ago. Journey complete. I did ask him why it showed not picked up by USPS until it got to local mail center. He said Wal-Mart will send stuff on their own trucks that have routes in same area then its taken to that mail center distro.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Post office driver dropped off my Walmart 12/17 drop PS5 15 minutes ago. Journey complete. I did ask him why it showed not picked up by USPS until it got to local mail center. He said Wal-Mart will send stuff on their own trucks that have routes in same area then its taken to that mail center distro.
congrats.... my journey was competed on New Year's Eve. Still amazed I was able to secure one before the new year. Feels Good . Anyways enjoy!

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thread really is dead. Congrats I guess. Feels bad to be in the clown car alone. Even worse that won't be getting any help with restock notices from here :/

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Thread really is dead. Congrats I guess. Feels bad to be in the clown car alone. Even worse that won't be getting any help with restock notices from here :/

You're not in the car alone, I still am looking for both consoles. I just figured I'd bide my time for a bit, until February/March/April, when (hopefully) the situation isn't as fucked as it is now--and that time will also allow me to rebuild my funds since I am nearly broke from repaying all my debts.

Last edited:

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Oh we're all still here with you. For me at least, I'm not jumping through hoops anymore and if I don't get one for another few months so be it.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
You shouldn't be counting on here. Set up Twitter notifications, they are annoying but they will be way faster

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Oh we're all still here with you. For me at least, I'm not jumping through hoops anymore and if I don't get one for another few months so be it.

im still here also, a promised console from a user didn't fall through. So going to keep an eye out, I'm not going to stress getting one as I have a series X to hold me over until I can find a ps5.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

I got mine from Walmart during that batch as well. They said it was scheduled for Jan 12th, but a few days ago out of the blue FedEx sent me an alert saying it was being prepared (if you sign up for an account they'll send you pretty accurate updates). And then it arrived this afternoon.

If I had to guess by looking at the shipping history, Walmart is probably fulfilling these orders by region. Unlike previous high dollar products I ordered from them it didn't ship from clear across the country, rather from just a state away / 5 hour drive.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
So the PS4 Pro I sold to finance a new PS5 digital I could never secure ended up getting lost in the mail. Meaning I have to return the money I made from it, and of course I have no insurance so I'm screwed. Now I am really regretting selling so soon when I had games to play on it... That said, I have a Visa gift card from work that would cover the cost other than tax, and I'm wondering for anyone who has been through the process - is trying to use 2 different cards going to screw me over when trying to buy a PS5, or am I pretty safe if I make it to check out?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast

You're not alone... still here myself. *sigh*
I have a feeing I won't be getting one until next fall.

Are the stores finally stocking them in-store or do they only offer them online still? And isn't Jan 30th the date most launch-week scalpers have to return their hoarded unsold PS5 consoles?

Nov 2, 2017
I have to wait another month for one, priorities getting in the way but are more important

It was fun watching this thread all active a lot when the restocks happened, and the clown show with the PlayStation direct

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You shouldn't be counting on here. Set up Twitter notifications, they are annoying but they will be way faster
I've got a few setup, Wario, SiteSupply, some Target dude. Problem is the push notifications either come HOURS late or not at all. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (iPhone 12 pro).
You're not alone there are still a few of us here.
Ah, yes so I see.
Well I've been ITT since the very beginning and this thread used to show up in my ERA Alerts all the time. Today I had to go all the way to page 4 just to find it. The thread is maybe not dead but certainly nothing close to what it was.

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a few setup, Wario, SiteSupply, some Target dude. Problem is the push notifications either come HOURS late or not at all. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (iPhone 12 pro).

Ah, yes so I see.

Well I've been ITT since the very beginning and this thread used to show up in my ERA Alerts all the time. Today I had to go all the way to page 4 just to find it. The thread is maybe not dead but certainly nothing close to what it was.
Ah maybe as holidays are over

gdt

Oct 26, 2017

Ah, yes so I see.

Someone explained it here. Go to their profile and click the bell button. It will then give you INSTANT tweets.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
So who do I need to check for on twitter and will it notify me without having the twitter app open, I'm a Twitter newb

FearonDuve

Feb 22, 2020
I'm with you , trying to still get one from day one of preorders. I'm just trying to keep up to date to know when they drop but last month feels I just keep missing it.