• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all of you that get the PS5 don't sleep on Astro that's included for free. That is my favorite game I've played so far this year. Can really feel the love Sony put into it.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
MSFT sent me another Series X for my defective console and now I have two working units that replaced my broken one. My order says it's complete now. I'm confused as hell y'all. Obviously something went terribly wrong here.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
For those of you quoting me about getting them left and right, realize that these are all for people that A) Are deployed overseas or something. B) Are also refreshing like mad on websites when they can. Either way, I'm getting them out of the pool. I just have a lot of computer time on my hands.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
My Walmart PS5 is scheduled for Jan. 8th. I'll just keep checking to see if it gets canceled, but here's hoping my watch is finally over.

Now to finally get a 4k tv to go with it...
I still have a TV I bought for $150 on Black Friday in 2014. My strategy is not to expose myself to new technology so I don't know that I'm missing out. I still don't know what a PS5 can do on a TV other than mine

Oct 27, 2017
How many of you walmart winners going to do the psdirect as well? lul

My first PS5 pre-order I got from Walmart and I waited anxiously for two months as I was even sure it was going to arrive (a lot of Walmart cancellations happened, the payment method I used for the order got lost). Finally got my PS5, it broke in less than a week.

Spent almost a month between PS Directs, Walmart times, and random Antonline stock updates, only to finally succeed today.

I. am. done.

I don't even care that PS Direct will ship them much earlier, I have a lot of Switch games that I bought over the past month that will keep me occupied these next three weeks. As long as my order doesn't get cancelled this week, I will be at peace.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Reading through this thread it amazes me that the best system most big retailers seem to have for limited supply and huge demand is having people sit for hours refreshing their webpages in the hops of getting the digital lottery win.

I did the same here in Norway at launch and managed to snag one after several hours of crashed web pages, queues that didn't work and whatnot.

There is got to be a better way than this lol

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Reading through this thread it amazes me that the best system most big retailers seem to have for limited supply and huge demand is having people sit for hours refreshing their webpages in the hops of getting the digital lottery win.

I did the same here in Norway at launch and managed to snag one after several hours of crashed web pages, queues that didn't work and whatnot.

I'm thinking that with the pandemic there are just other things taking priority.

dreamer3kx

Oct 27, 2019
Man walmart charged me for ps5 that I came close to finalizing order but never went though, never received order number but was charged, so close, called and they said they will have to reverse charge.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I still have a TV I bought for $150 on Black Friday in 2014. My strategy is not to expose myself to new technology so I don't know that I'm missing out. I still don't know what a PS5 can do on a TV other than mine
1469547581-simpsons-tv-gif.gif

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
well guys its been fun. My watch has ended. All consoles achieved. I wish all those who haven't gotten what they needed the best of luck!
tenor.gif

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to finally be done with the bullshit. I wish everyone the best of luck trying to secure their next gen console. Look at the positives, we're getting more waves of console stock with a closer wait between stock drops. You'll get your PS5/ Series X soon, just be patient.

Had a great time clowning with you all. Hopefully I don't need to come back into this thread, unless Walmart cancels my order.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got two PS5s for my brothers and a Series X for my nephew.

I'm finally done.

Good luck to everyone else who's still fighting the fight. I wish you all the best.

mrglass

Jul 5, 2019
Was able to finally snag a PS5 for my son from Walmart online after refreshing for hours during the great Best Buy fiasco. I still want one for myself as well as a Series X, but I'm done until next year when stock is (hopefully!) more readily available.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I think I'm done trying to find a PS5 untill I can just go grab one easily. Just way too much time spent and I already have a Series X. I'm hoping they're easily obtainable whenever Ratchet and Clank comes out. Good luck to everyone looking for one.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Congrats to all the winners today. Unfortunately I get a big fat L after maddening refreshing. Feels bad but I'll have to keep an eye out for the next big event. I should not have sold my PS4...

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm fucking done, got my Series X. Just gotta hope no other bullshit comes up to delay it from reaching me.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to all who got their consoles, eventually I'll join you on the other side.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, you fucking just take everyone's order and money at the time of the order. Then put everyone on a list. If you sell 40 million PS5s and the people on the second half of the list need to wait until 2022, then so be it.

Why stores don't actually want to take orders and just queue people up on a list is 100% beyond me. Seems beyond simple.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I still will say after snagging one this is the greatest shit show in gaming history!! It will never be topped. The shear Amount of hours I will never get back is something that will be hard for me to get over.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I still will say after snagging one this is the greatest shit show in gaming history!! It will never be topped. The shear Amount of hours I will never get back is something that will be hard for me to get over.
It's unacceptable that corporations as large as MS and Sony can't handle an ordering system on par with Apple.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
oh nice you got one? didnt realize. well played!
Dude it was a joke, I hade to keep changing locations and spamming check out, it kept telling me not available within 250 miles and then when I try to check out it then gave me 3 different locations that supposedly had it, and then I chose one of those, then said out of stock it was a joke! Through sheer luck one of the stores let me checkout after 15 min of spamming locations.
It was such a joke of a system!

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Yea this insanity is going to go well into the new year.
I'm hoping that post-Christmas it'll calm down just enough that every one of us who is still operating at a pre-Christmas level of crazy will have a better time scoring the consoles we want, but yeah you aren't going to be able to just walk into a store and get one until well into 2021.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm disappointed I took L's all day. I tried my best but work got too busy and I just couldn't keep up with each drop. I just want this nightmare to be over

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping that post-Christmas it'll calm down just enough that every one of us who is still operating at a pre-Christmas level of crazy will have a better time scoring the consoles we want, but yeah you aren't going to be able to just walk into a store and get one until well into 2021.
I suspect you're right. The number of people watching like a hawk and pouncing on availability right away must be a small percentage of actual users, so as more of them get their demand met the easier it should be for those of us who have been unlucky so far.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Best Buy was the worst thing ever. Far worse than queues. That was grueling madness of constantly checking locations to turn up OOS.

Walmart came in fucking CLUTCH.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Best Buys ineptitude I think helped me today. People were so turned off by the PS5 queues that when the XSX went up, there was no problem with the site crashing constantly. Other than the 20 minute Please Wait queue, it went smoothly.