• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I can tell I've lost hope/motivation for a while on finding a PS5 as sometimes when I see this tread title now I'm like oh yeah there's a thread on this 😕

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Did the PS5 update on the direct store today?

Assuming no, since this would be tge third day in a row

Oct 25, 2017
The captcha on the direct was ridiculous yesterday. Got the link before it was tweeted out by many, but it made me captcha like 15 times before it finally let me in and by then it was an hour+ already. Getting ready to throw in the towel on this bullshit.

FrozenNote24

Nov 15, 2020
Question.

How is RYUs list the largest its ever been?

Wasn't the whole point of it to watch it minimize since release?

idk if its conducive anymore because every time i see it i get discouraged and confused.

Like how many ppl need to buy for a friend when a direct user like myself can't even get 1.

i thought this thread was to help members not outside acquaintances? 🧐

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Question.

How is RYUs list the largest its ever been?

Wasn't the whole point of it to watch it minimize since release?

idk if its conducive anymore because every time i see it i get discouraged and confused.

Like how many ppl need to buy for a friend when a direct user like myself can't even get 1.

i thought this thread was to help members not outside acquaintances? 🧐
I've held off joining the list, but a few more whiffs and missed opportunities, and I may join the bread line too. I had a misguided notion that I might be able to score one on my own and then use my incredible retail mojo to help others on the list myself.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
My wife actually asked me if I wanted her to buy a ps5 from a scalper for Christmas. I wanted to say yes so badly, but it disgusts me to say yes to that.

So I told her no. We'll keep on waiting.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
My wife actually asked me if I wanted her to buy a ps5 from a scalper for Christmas. I wanted to say yes so badly, but it disgusts me to say yes to that.

So I told her no. We'll keep on waiting.
It is really not worth it to pay that premium at present.

By the time the software catches up the hardware will be more easily obtainable (though still might be hard to get if the Switch is any indication).

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I could see the ps5 being hard to get well into next year. Really depends more on sony and how many they get to shelves since they are likely ramping up production right now.

Otherwise there isn't really a go to game for people on it so there is that.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New list

List of the day

Liquidsnake — this man needs Digital

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Zetta

MrRob

bitcloudrzr

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy
netguy503

Rag

Kasai

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

badcrumble

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

Emergency & I

tgr_williams

jar155

fadeawayjae

KhrossSF

Ghibli99

Fuhgeddit

Snake Eater

tonetizzley

Carbine789

MorganFreakman

CherryWoodFuton

LegionofPrimes

Tahnit

StephDiesel

Casey_contra has Series X for trade . Need ps5

100%TrophyMaster

Hokey1

Golding
SolVanderly

Yoshimitsu126

TransEuropaExpress

Madgorillaz

Kindekuma

Series X/S

Rigbones

Draper

gogojira

Tripwire-Stone

God bless you all . If I forgot to add someone please

Good Samaritans and Santa Clauses, please look at this nice list and help (of course no pressure

Last edited:

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
so umm my PS5 that UPS misdelivered on launch day last month just magically showed up at my door

the box it had been packaged in had clearly been opened but the PS5 was untouched

amazon/ups had already declared it lost and I was refunded like a day after I reported it misdelivered. no note from UPS or anything was left along with it on my door.

did I just get a free PS5??

Oct 27, 2017
so umm my PS5 that UPS misdelivered on launch day last month just magically showed up at my door

the box it had been packaged in had clearly been opened but the PS5 was untouched

amazon/ups had already declared it lost and I was refunded like a day after I reported it misdelivered. no note from UPS or anything was left along with it on my door.

Possibly. Guess a Good Samaritan saw what it was, realized it wasn't addressed to them and then dropped it off for you.

Same thing happened to my last time I did a build, they delivered to a similar address a few blocks away. I hadn't gotten a refund though.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017

damn, that's some good fortune

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It is really not worth it to pay that premium at present.

By the time the software catches up the hardware will be more easily obtainable (though still might be hard to get if the Switch is any indication).

Yeah for sure! I told her to hold off on a XMAS gift because this is what I really want.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I remember the Wii was tough to get for well over a year. Clearly a different situation, but some folks might need to prepare themselves to still do a little hunting if they intend to wait until spring to look for a PS5. As long as I can get one before RE8 hits, I'm good. But it won't stop me from joining the clown show every time Sony makes a drop.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the Wii was tough to get for well over a year. Clearly a different situation, but some folks might need to prepare themselves to still do a little hunting if they intend to wait until spring to look for a PS5. As long as I can get one before RE8 hits, I'm good. But it won't stop me from joining the clown show every time Sony makes a drop.
I think supply is going to be scarce until the pandemic is mostly over.

The Switch is 3 years old and since the pandemic started you can't walk into a store and expect to get one. And the supply on that is good. PS5 is going to have real limited supply for at least 6-12 more months. I see it being a hard to get item for awhile. Though definitely not as bad as the current bullshit.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Fred Meyer's had stock in stores today and they all got sold out pretty quick. Most stores got 10+.

Some of the more remote stores had them for 2 hours.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
im amazed at people doing the resell game for a ps5. seems incredibly risky. id be so afraid of being scammed by a buyer on ebay or being murdered in real life when i show up for an exchange. lol.

I wonder if there is a way to scam someone. I know on eBay, I've seen people selling a picture of the PS5 and then in the description it says it's intended for bots. Wonder if bots really do pick those up.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
im amazed at people doing the resell game for a ps5. seems incredibly risky. id be so afraid of being scammed by a buyer on ebay or being murdered in real life when i show up for an exchange. lol.

Ditto.

Like Ebay I understand because you can at least hide behind a profile and seller protections. It takes some big asshole energy to be willing to meet someone face to face while you're asking them for more than double MSRP.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see the ps5 being hard to get well into next year. Really depends more on sony and how many they get to shelves since they are likely ramping up production right now.

Otherwise there isn't really a go to game for people on it so there is that.

PS5 won't be going for $1200 in well into next year, it's only been a month and we are in the Christmas buying season