• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Be wary of constantly refreshing or installing an auto refresher on PS Direct as that can trigger bot protection and keep you out of the queue once it goes live. I think your best bet is to just keep the URL entered in your browser and then once the queue opens, hit enter.

Absolutely. Don't even mess around with this. It cost me a chance during a drop last week. I had the page open but was not even autorefreshing, and it flagged me as a bot and wouldn't let me in the queue.

What I did, at the suggestion of someone else in this thread, was to paste the URL into a tab but don't hit enter. I think it looks for any persistent session, and not as much an active tab - which means you can close out the tab but still be a persistent session if the same browser instance is open.

I'll add this. Might help or not but when I had the direct up, I had the digital version up by mistake until I saw people were saying no digital was in stock but my queue moved fast. Then when my turn came up , I quickly selected the disc version. I added my shipping days ago and CC information, I remember off my head so that made it quicker.

I did this too. You can enter and save an address but not payment information.

For payment information I just used my Lastpass to fill instantly - all you need to do is enter the CVV. I would suggest you install this extension and get your payment and address information saved here. It was a life saver!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
When is the next time anyone will get more than 4 PS5s? I'm still salty fedex "lost" my PS5 I pre ordered and I've been trying to get one ever since without luck.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my PS5 bundle from Costco. Yeah it's a large console . I hope there is no coil whine

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
FYI, the direct store page for the dualsense charging station says "Out of stock? Check back Wednesday, 12/9 for more."

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
queue gogogo
tenor.gif

Buy PS5™ Slim Console | PlayStation® (US)

Unleash new gaming possibilities that you never anticipated with the latest generation in consoles. Experience lightning fast loading with an ultra-high speed SSD & more.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
godamn it wouldnt let me in kept clicking the checkmark over and over. said 38 mins then 1 hour.

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I keep getting Catcha wtf

damn... took like 6-7 captcha hopeully they know im a real person now. also jumped on it as soon as the tweet went out. I feel lucky.

who am I kidding, already got my clown make up ready to go

Hazmat

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
I got 3 minutes that jumped up to over an hour. Fingers crossed that it goes down when stock comes in.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in on the Twitter app only wtf. Can I even complete a purchase through there?

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Fucking hell.

Reentered the captcha over 10 times now, keeps checking off and then resetting. Was on the site the second the Tweet went up. I'm pissed af

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, captcha fucked me. Of course, it's too late if you join and it already says "over an hour"

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, capcha fucked me over
At least I know I have no chance of getting one today.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
Everyone seems totally confident that "over an hour" is now the kiss of death, but the queue used to put you there and then bounce you around radically. Are we certain this is no longer the case?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Had to deal with Captcha like a dozen times. Seems Sony doing these drops though every day around 4pm-6pm EST.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
goddd i'm on my work VPN and i disconnected without thinking, which sent me back to CAPTCHA all over again fml

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Everyone seems totally confident that "over an hour" is now the kiss of death, but the queue used to put you there and then bounce you around radically. Are we certain this is no longer the case?

over an hour is the kiss of death if it still says that after they post a message that consoles are live. But really the kiss of death is trying this at all.