• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I do not understand what happened with wal-mart. They had a major sell online and left over consoles in stores. Now just a week or less later they are getting tons of consoles in stores again.

Anyone have any knowledge or idea?

Either sony wanted them to push more out to stores for people to be able to buy and just unloaded on them or sony heled back their black friday load?

Is it possible they may have gotten the black friday drop weeks before they sold and then got the next drop weeks later but seemingly felt quicker?

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
Probably a Longshot, but if anyone here got an extra Series S they held on to and would be willing to sell, please let me know. I am trying to get my wife one for Christmas.

jamesandy

Jul 17, 2019
Bullshit by walmart at my place. Told everyone ps5 restock at 7am in the morning and first come first serve at the electronics counter. I was there at 7pm for grocery shopping they still said 7am tomorrow. Went back home. Checked brickseek at 10pm. The store now showing up as sold out instead of IS. Turns out the manager decided to start selling them at 9 30pm out of the blue.

Thecrisisking

Mar 24, 2020
For anyone else in the PNW, last Saturday (11/28) Fred Meyer's stores released their PS5 stock. Word had got out that they would be selling them so I went to a local one (Portland OR by Clackamas) on Friday night. 4 people were already in line, I came prepared with stuff just in case and decided to camp out. Got mine at 6am. The weather was god awful but thankfully being born and raised in NY I'm a bit used to the terrible cold weather, haha.

Each store has about 30 units. I was talking with the manager when they let us in and he said that Sony gave them explicit instructions NOT to sell online and to sell their stock all on the same day in person - the day/date was handed down by Sony.

They also said that they should be doing the exact same thing over the next few coming weeks.

FWIW here's what to expect:

1. Obviously a line, go early the night before.
2. Only around 30 units per store with NO extras. They kept coming out to remind everyone that they only had 30 yet people still hung around after and were disappointed.
3. Around 5:45am they come out and start handing out vouchers or tickets. You'll need one to get a system once you're inside.
4. They were only letting 10 people in at a time into electronics.
5. Disc only, no digital.

I know this is a moot post over a week later, but I honestly forgot about signing up here a few months back.

Last edited:

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Bullshit by walmart at my place. Told everyone ps5 restock at 7am in the morning and first come first serve at the electronics counter. I was there at 7pm for grocery shopping they still said 7am tomorrow. Went back home. Checked brickseek at 10pm. The store now showing up as sold out instead of IS. Turns out the manager decided to start selling them at 9 30pm out of the blue.
That really sucks. I don't even know how to predict this anymore, and brickseek shows everything in Portland metro is out of stock. My only thought is that I already drive by a wal mart every morning at 7 on my way to work, but I would rather not go in daily just in case they *feel* like selling them that day.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Man that's some bullshit. But there are no rules out there, it's thunderdome!

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So now I have to go inside Walmart every single day to see if they feel like selling PS5's that day? I mean OK, 🤡. FML

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah gave up on walmart after I saw that a store in Santa Fe was selling early AM and the store 3 miles down the street said online only. Yet their stock magically disappeared over the next day...

There's no consistency. I'd rather not waste my time.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone else in the PNW, last Saturday (11/28) Fred Meyer's stores released their PS5 stock. Word had got out that they would be selling them so I went to a local one (Portland OR by Clackamas) on Friday night. 4 people were already in line, I came prepared with stuff just in case and decided to camp out. Got mine at 6am. The weather was god awful but thankfully being born and raised in NY I'm a bit used to the terrible cold weather, haha.

Each store has about 30 units. I was talking with the manager when they let us in and he said that Sony gave them explicit instructions NOT to sell online and to sell their stock all on the same day in person - the day/date was handed down by Sony.

They also said that they should be doing the exact same thing over the next few coming weeks.

FWIW here's what to expect:

1. Obviously a line, go early the night before.
2. Only around 30 units per store with NO extras. They kept coming out to remind everyone that they only had 30 yet people still hung around after and were disappointed.
3. Around 5:45am they come out and start handing out vouchers or tickets. You'll need one to get a system once you're inside.
4. They were only letting 10 people in at a time into electronics.
5. Disc only, no digital.

I know this is a moot post over a week later, but I honestly forgot about signing up here a few months back.

They won't be getting that large amount of stock for their next shipments. Also it is going to be sold as soon as the stock is processed and stocked in electronics.

The only reason they had 30+ 11/28 was that they sat on any stock for over a week.

There is a 10% off any coupon that can be used with PS5 that lasts until this Tuesday so I expect to see stock starting hitting Fred Meyer's after then.

Thecrisisking

Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the update. My buddy who works at one of the Portland FM says that his store has been told to hold onto their stock (again), whenever it comes in.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Seems the weekends so far are quiet for online drops. I've got my coffee, my online alerts ready (for whatever they're worth), and I'm ready for another week of pain. Best of luck to those of you braving the Walmarts. My retail luck is awful, so I'm not even going to bother. How are you all holding up?

May 25, 2019
London
Was able to get a Series X in cart at the Microsoft Store yesterday, left auto-click Javascript in place overnight and it finally went through this morning around 5 AM. Delivery date is estimated to be 12/23, let's see how real that is.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems the weekends so far are quiet for online drops. I've got my coffee, my online alerts ready (for whatever they're worth), and I'm ready for another week of pain. Best of luck to those of you braving the Walmarts. My retail luck is awful, so I'm not even going to bother. How are you all holding up?
Tomorrow is Walmart day for me everyone has been saying the 8th so want to give myself the best chance. Really hoping direct does one I can get today so I don't have to deal with Walmart

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I've been idiotically trying to get a PS5 at numerous outlets, playing whack a mole for a month, even though I have enough in Best Buy gift cards to buy one outright. I'm going to just wait until I can comfortably just buy one online or in person from BB. I was fortunate enough to get a series x, and Fenyx and Cyberpunk will be more than I have time to play anyway.

A genuine good luck to all of you still going after the PS5.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
went to a nearby walmart at 7am and line was halfway through the store. couldnt stick around cause of work :(

Lunzio

Oct 28, 2017
Had a late start to work today so I popped in a nearby "stocked" Walmart around opening. At least 30-50 people by the time I left in line. Rumors of about 30 consoles, coming at 9AM taking an hour to unload or 2PM or some other time (no clear indications). Very clearly people don't know what 6 feet is (even when they have the room) but just about everyone was properly masked at least. Waiting indoors in a line is not my cup of tea right now nor is this worth it. See y'all on the internet!

Feb 27, 2019
Was able to get a Series X in cart at the Microsoft Store yesterday, left auto-click Javascript in place overnight and it finally went through this morning around 5 AM. Delivery date is estimated to be 12/23, let's see how real that is.

I ordered mine at MS Store on 12/1 and it said the same date, 12/23. And apparently people who ordered earlier got that date too. So I'm not holding my breath about it lol

realistically I think early January probably

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If it were me I would seriously tell my manager that I refuse to answer any electronic calls and they can handle it whatever way they want. I'd actually suggest just removing the phone altogether since it is just a huge time sink.
Several Walmarts have definitely reached this point -- I had a few not answer at all, and at the one I eventually found my PS5 in I saw them just letting the electronics phone ring without picking up. And I can't really blame them.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I was back home where my parents lived, I could've easily pick one up the last 24 hours, looks like supply is getting out there

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
My Costco bundle is out for delivery (ordered November 12).

The weird thing is UPS tracking did not update at all. It says it was shipped in Riverside and then 3 days later the first update says it is out for delivery. Probably too overwhelmed with holiday shopping because normally I only see that from USPS.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Brickseek just added consoles to stores near me but website says out of stock and none at those stores. I have to work and am not going there. So annoying it doesn't work to buy on their site if they're really there.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada

The weird thing is UPS tracking did not update at all. It says it was shipped in Riverside and then 3 days later the first update says it is out for delivery. Probably too overwhelmed with holiday shopping because normally I only see that from USPS.
My 12/2 Costco bundle also shipped yesterday. Mine seems as if it's coming out of Louisville, Kentucky.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nice one, brother!!!

I will check Walmart for my SoCal Peeps

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
12/2? Man you lucky. I ordered 12/3 and it is still Order Confirmed status
Yeah haha. I wouldn't worry, I've heard that they're shipping them out in batches. The first batch was on Friday and the second was yesterday AFAIK. I'd expect the next batch to ship out on Tuesday. Costco is using three-day shipping, so packages should arrive pretty fast. Mine is estimated to arrive by this Wednesday.

Oct 25, 2017
My store had limited stock early this morning now says sold out.

I'm amazed Walmart hasn't put out an official statement. They really just need to sell these as they get them

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
In Merida, Mexico, I've seen Series S at a couple places in store (Costco, Walmart), but haven't haven't seen Series X or either PS5 model anywhere.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I broke my own rule, i clowned on the weekend, when i said no clowning on weekends.

Also clowned in the morning.
source.gif