• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Another Walmart 40 mins away just got a delivery according to Brickseeker. Called and the guy told me no they don't have any.

Not making that drive to get nothing

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
When a Wal-Mart says they have more coming later or like in that guys situation where they said they will have more to sell that is likely due to the store having more than one truck of products depending on volume and sales of a store. Likely just means they had not unloaded the truck yet and not that they just randomly came in again.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I would never try lucking out on one in my Walmart, pandemic or not. Our local store totally makes up its own rules. They dropped price matching years ago, including price matching their own website. There was a small period of time maybe 7-8 years ago where random price errors and clearance items could be had there, but ever since it is a wasteland for deals. My assumption is that either employees keep all the good stuff or the store manager refuses to sell stuff at a loss and ships it off somewhere. That of an army of resellers moved into town and clean house. They do curb side grocery pickup though so I am glad they are so close. But I wouldn't hate having a target or something else near by to make them more competitive.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Brickseek is saying the Walmart that had +6 yesterday, the one that told me they didn't have any, is out of stock now. Another one got some but that one is even further than the previous one, still nothing for my local one.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
One of my local walmart stores shows 6+ PS5s instock, gave them a call and they said they don't currently have any on hand but have a line just in case some show up on the truck tonight. Said the line was longer than the number they think they might receive, but that they were expecting to have them trickle in pretty much every day this week.

I'm not messing with that noise, but for those of you who are willing, I guess I'd keep checking in on Walmart. I'm pretty close to the corporate office here, so I figure that was a more accurate than average Walmart conversation, lol.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Shit my local local Walmart, 8 mins away, just got stock in according to Brickseeker.

Called in, they say they don't have any.

I wonder if I just give them time to put them out and slide by later tonight?

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Shit my local local Walmart, 8 mins away, just got stock in according to Brickseeker.

Called in, they say they don't have any.

I wonder if I just give them time to put them out and slide by later tonight?
I worked for Walmart several years ago, so this may be dated, but I'm not sure I'd treat brickseek updates as real time for a few reasons:

1. No idea how often brickseek is pulling inventory data
2. Walmart deliveries when I worked there typically involved dropping trailers at the dock to be unloaded/sorted at a later time. IE, even if brickseek is updating in real time, the real time onhand numbers could reflect stock that is sitting on a trailer and won't be unloaded/sorted for several hours
3. Didn't do delivery/pickup when I was there, no idea if the inventory #s filter units reserved for that side of the business or not

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
That's cool and all but we have a list in here of fellow Resetera members looking to buy one off each other. I hope you at least knew this person and it wasn't someone pulling one over on you with the single mom story.
What kind of shit is this? Why are we shaming someone for selling a ps5 to someone they choose to?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So how long after they go up on Brickseek as 6+ would they go in stock?

One of my Walmarts that's close went from no stock to 6+ in the last 2 hours since I checked earlier.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I hear that if you slip the clerks a 20 they will look the other way while you take the preorder ticket off the PS5. Also some forms of light enhanced interrogation techniques seem to work for the more reluctant store employees.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I hear that if you slip the clerks a 20 they will look the other way while you take the preorder ticket off the PS5. Also some forms of light enhanced interrogation techniques seem to work for the more reluctant store employees.

I understand wanting one, I do too been trying since the pre-order phase and failed every time. Still, do not try bribing a retail worker or give them the third degree. I worked retail five, near six, years. If they take the bribe they can get fired and if you try to pressure them you are an asshole putting them in a bind making a bad job even worse.

It isn't their fault we can't get the damn things. From stock shortages caused by a pandemic to shitty store systems that are letting scalpers take control, there are just a lot of flaws in the system.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
If that doesn't work, you can just steal one from a kid- they'll have a hard time stopping you.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If suggesting torture and bribery garners a serious response, either the world has taken a wrong turn or I have.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stores that have stock won't even let you order in the app. It's just total bullshit. The walmart app even shows it has stock but you can't buy.

nfinnerty

Nov 28, 2020
Called a Walmart that had 6+ and then went to zero today and asked if they had gotten some and sold out and they said no. Went inside a different one saying they had 6+ and asked if they had any and he said no, and the only thing he's heard is a shipment coming in at the end of the month. He also thinks they will be for in store purchase but his managers have not instructed them on it yet.

Also have a buddy who is a manager in electronics at a Walmart in Denver and he said they don't know their inventory from the trucks until the morning of and has not heard about any restocks for PS5s, but they should have xboxs the 9th.

Replicant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Walmart's are still not officially selling in store. Any that have would have been a rare thing and outside the norm. I wouldn't waste my time with trying local. Online is still your best shot.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
One of my buddies went to our wal mart at 7am. Said they had 26 plus said they will have 13 later in the day. (If you have a high volume store then it's possible they could have a similar situation but mostly depends on how a store unloads their trucks)

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
If suggesting torture and bribery garners a serious response, either the world has taken a wrong turn or I have.

I thought you might be joking, but man the world is pretty fucked lately. It ain't for nothing that websites have had to ad big banners saying stop harassing store employees. Let alone, you know, the death, derision, partisanship, and end times folks ready for a war.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Might swing by a Walmart right at open tomorrow and see if they stocked out any after hours. Not hanging out in a packed store, just not worth it.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Saw a walmart near me pop up with 6+ at brickseek checking relatively often, so I went right over. Saw one heading out the door as I walked in, got to electronics and they were still pulling in system boxes from the back.

So I finally got one.

I have to wonder where the ones that are "online only" are actually getting sold, since it doesn't seem like they're hitting the website.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw a walmart near me pop up with 6+ at brickseek checking relatively often, so I went right over. Saw one heading out the door as I walked in, got to electronics and they were still pulling in system boxes from the back.

So I finally got one.

I have to wonder where the ones that are "online only" are actually getting sold, since it doesn't seem like they're hitting the website.
Congrats on getting one. But it really feels like wal-mart head office lost control on this in the US.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Now a 3rd store in my area has stock according to Brickseeker. A delivery truck must've hit them in sequence. I'm gonna slide to my closest one around 8/830.

Edit: just called my local still got the no.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So I finally got one.

probably employees lying and scalping

Oct 25, 2017
For some of yall I get not wanting to waste a trip going to the store but I really wouldn't trust what any of them are saying over the phone tbh.

dmgdbug

Oct 27, 2017
i see 2 that are 6+ near me but i don't want to drive 30 min to be disappointed. also tried calling and line was busy?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
"Thank you stores for releasing during the working mans schedule and not during the weekend where we have a chance."

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I called both Walmarts near me that Brick seek said had PS5's I called ahead and they said they do not have them. I wonder if its up to date. By the way this was the Walmart in Cherry Hill NJ

Oct 25, 2017
I called both Walmarts near me that Brick seek said had PS5's I called ahead and they said they do not have them. I wonder if its up to date. By the way this was the Walmart in Cherry Hill NJ

If you're calling the stores they'll most like say they don't have them in stock. You're dealing with people who don't know shit.

It's why I said corporate needs to make it official policy to sell them in stores. too many stores seem to be doing their own thing.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
If you're calling the stores they'll most like say they don't have them in stock. You're dealing with people who don't know shit.

It's why I said corporate needs to make it official policy to sell them in stores. too many stores seem to be doing their own thing.
So should I go in person? I called the electronics section.

Doogal94

Dec 4, 2020
Oswego, NY
Please don't do this to folks.
EDIT: Wow I'm a big dumbass that has spent too much time sifting through the tripe that is Twitter to be able to tell when people are joking about this kind of thing or not, haha

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Not doing a walk in in any store during a pandemic. If you are, you're braver than I am. I'm not gonna risk it, so I'll stick with online only RNG.

Last edited:

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
The pact is signed.

Did they give any info? I wonder if they are just on the truck, and they'll be out later tonight?
Reserved for online, even though i feel like that has to be bullshit

Probably response they have to give.

Maybe they'll have put them in stock later in the week.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Life would be easier if they just said they're not selling them right now, and they cant say when they're selling them

Doogal94

Dec 4, 2020
Oswego, NY
Also, no news in the Syracuse NY area so far. Called all of the local Walmarts and got variations of "none in stock" and "we don't know when we'll be getting them."
Nobody hung up on me tonight, though, so that's gotta count for something lmao.