• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the target near me PS5 in store pick up wasn't picked up. It's been 3-4 days and it hasn't updated but the others near me went from 1 to 0.

nfinnerty

Nov 28, 2020
Ya. Got a buddy who is the electronics manager at Walmart in Denver and he says they're getting Xbox's on the 9th. No word on PS5s unfortunately. And he does believe it will be in walk ins, waiting for him to confirm.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't agree more! There are no words.

Oh wow... I am sorry I'm late on responding to this - I was actually moving yesterday.

This is so kind of you and I truly appreciate it. If I'm too late that's ok but if not just let me know what you need.
Of course you're not too late lol. It's only been like 12 hours. I figured you were busy or had gone off for the night. I pm'd you to get shipping info and such. Get back to me when you can.

nfinnerty

Nov 28, 2020
Also don't know if I can get on a list for a PS5 on here but I'd love to be on it. HAven't been extremely active on here but been watching the chat since like page 50 lol and trying my heart out to get one.

goku01899

Oct 29, 2017
The PS Direct order from yesterday just shipped and gets here on Monday. Might have to take off work early since it needs a signature.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
One wal-mart here shows stock but you can never tell what they are doing.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
well boys and girls - i'm officially out of the game. I bought that Target save 10% off gift card deal for 500 and now i'll just wait two or three months until I can hopfully pick up an Xbox in store. best of luck to you all!

the link if anyone is interested bit.ly/37D6WMf

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Well I need help, since I am the video game guy of the family I have like three family members all asking for help getting a PS5. I know the usual stuff, follow wario for updates, do the ps direct store crap, this is impossible. I see people talk about in store stock, where do I see this? I thought there was not supposed to be any?

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
FedEx doesn't ask for signature for PS5, they'll drop it off wherever they feel like.
Not necessarily. Mine required a signature, and because of the limitation set by Sony I couldn't pre-sign or anything. I had to physically accept it. I ended up picking it up from a FedEx warehouse.

Krozur

Oct 27, 2017
PS Direct order has been stuck in Memphis since yesterday afternoon. I guess that hub is getting slammed?

Doogal94

Dec 4, 2020
Oswego, NY
Hey y'all! Longtime lurker, first time poster here!
As with most of the rest of us, I've been constantly refreshing my local Target's stock in a (likely) vain attempt to secure myself a PS5.
Considering how wildly late to the party I am w/r/t posting here, this feels like a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'd deeply appreciate a hand in getting ahold of one of those big-ass living room obelisks for myself. I anticipate being an active member here, so I plan on paying this kind of energy forward however I can.
Even if not, I appreciate the energy in this thread and wish everybody the best of luck in snagging their own expensive gamebox!

doragabi

Apr 16, 2020
Well I need help, since I am the video game guy of the family I have like three family members all asking for help getting a PS5. I know the usual stuff, follow wario for updates, do the ps direct store crap, this is impossible. I see people talk about in store stock, where do I see this? I thought there was not supposed to be any?

Same, I am also helping three family members secure a PS5. Popfindr is good to check inventory at Best Buy, Target, and GameStop.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Been seeing multiple people say they were able to walk into walmart and get one after they checked Brickseek and saw they had some. For me it said a Walmart near me has some but when I called the person I spoke to said they didn't have any. I'd still say it's worth a shot to call, though.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Walmart doing walk-in's sounds like the worst idea ever in the middle of a pandemic. There are already pictures floating around of crowds standing around the electronics department just randomly when there isn't any indication of stock. Imagine the size of the crowds if this ends up being a go on the 8th.

I obviously want a PS5, badly. But not enough to stand in a crowd of the unwashed masses at Walmart. Good luck and bring a hazmat suit.

Been seeing multiple people say they were able to walk into walmart and get one after they checked Brickseek and saw they had some. For me it said a Walmart near me has some but when I called the person I spoke to said they didn't have any. I'd still say it's worth a shot to call, though.
Honestly, if your going to do this the better option is to not call and just show up. It all depends on who you get in the department and if they are going to be cool or not tbh. They aren't going to be telling people over the phone that they have these things. None of those employee's want a large crowd of people hounding them. If you get one by walking into Walmart is pure unflitered LUCK

I've decided I'm going to try and bribe the Walmart electronics guy at my store. My wife and I go to Walmart for groceries and I usually wander over to the electronics department to look around. I have sat around and BS'd with the guy a few times over the past few years so it's not like he's a complete stranger. I'm pissed I didn't think of this sooner. I mean it probably won't work but if I could at least get him to text me when they have stock I'll be happy with it.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if your going to do this the better option is to not call and just show up. It all depends on who you get in the department and if they are going to be cool or not tbh. They aren't going to be telling people over the phone that they have these things. None of those employee's want a large crowd of people hounding them. If you get one by walking into Walmart is pure unflitered LUCK
I'm gonna go to my local one when it says they have some in stock but I'm not really willing to drive 30 minutes just to check this other one.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna go to my local one when it says they have some in stock but I'm not really willing to drive 30 minutes just to check this other one.
Good plan. Try and bribe the electronics guy. That's what I'm going to do at my store. At least get him to text me when they have verified sellable stock if he's not willing to hold one for me.

I plan on 'bonding' with the guy over my hate of scalpers (i'm sure he's sick of them too) and tell him I'd much rather someone like him get an extra $50-100 bucks from me than some awful scalper. HAHAHAA.. Worth a shot

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Brickseek was showing 6+ for the Walmart on H street here in DC. I called and spoke to customer service and the woman said that she's been getting lots of calls, but they will not have any until next year and it'll be online only. I decided to go anyways, and walked up to Electronics and asked. He told me they did have some today, but they all had been sold already. I asked if people had formed a line early and he said yes.

So Walmart is a mess of conflicting informaiton.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
EVERYONE CALL YOUR WALMARTS NOW!

many are getting stock in stores. Some are selling right the fuck now. Some are selling tomorrow morning. im going out in the trenches tomorrow morning and gonna try and nab one.

Oct 25, 2017
Brickseek was showing 6+ for the Walmart on H street here in DC. I called and spoke to customer service and the woman said that she's been getting lots of calls, but they will not have any until next year and it'll be online only. I decided to go anyways, and walked up to Electronics and asked. He told me they did have some today, but they all had been sold already. I asked if people had formed a line early and he said yes.

So Walmart is a mess of conflicting informaiton.

Never call. Go in and ask

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just asked here in person. She's been saying no all day
Shoot, I genuinely think it's all a matter of getting the right person with the right attitude. I'm thinking the 'guidance' at Walmart is so all over the place that most of the employee's would rather just people buy them online and come pick them up. That way those employee's don't have to deal with the insane demand at all.

Every so often someone walks in a store gets an employee that either doesn't care or maybe a fellow gamer and they hit the lotto.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Shoot, I genuinely think it's all a matter of getting the right person with the right attitude. I'm thinking the 'guidance' at Walmart is so all over the place that most of the employee's would rather just people buy them online and come pick them up. That way those employee's don't have to deal with the insane demand at all.

Every so often someone walks in a store gets an employee that either doesn't care or maybe a fellow gamer and they hit the lotto.

I feel the same. Before I spoke to the associate in Electronics I made sure to greet him in an amiable manner and asked him how he was doing. I feel like he was the only person at Walmart that answered me honestly, and he was still a little hesitant.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Good plan. Try and bribe the electronics guy. That's what I'm going to do at my store. At least get him to text me when they have verified sellable stock if he's not willing to hold one for me.

I plan on 'bonding' with the guy over my hate of scalpers (i'm sure he's sick of them too) and tell him I'd much rather someone like him get an extra $50-100 bucks from me than some awful scalper. HAHAHAA.. Worth a shot
Don't get some poor kid fired.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Offer him the job instead of 50 bucks then.
IP73r.gif

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
My lady seemed nice, but def tired of being asked the same question over and over