• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
What are you guys using for being alerted to these drops? I was driving to pickup my weekly grocery order when this last one from Direct hit a bit ago. It looks like if I would have left 15 minutes later I would have been here refreshing this thread. I just can't do that at every waking hour.

I've got Wario 64 alerts turned on with Twitter but nothing came through from him. I have a iPhone 12 Pro if that matters at all IDK. I just want to setup a foolproof system for at least being alerted to the sales.

Any advice?
Idk why but the only alerts that come to my phone is SiteSupply. Everyone else is sporadic at best or completely nonexistent. Might be a bug honestly since a lot of people report that issue here.

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Had my Nov 25th Walmart order for the Series X delayed as well. Really hoping I just get it before Christmas as it's a gift, but I'm not really sure what's going on over there.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to all that got one today. That captcha seemed to have gotten a lot of people today. I was fortunate to get one for my sisters husband for Christmas thus my hunt is officially over. But still looking out for a few friends if i hear anything. Best of luck to the rest of you guys

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I'm done. I spent my free $180 in Kohl's cash tonight. Ps5 and XsX for myself, ps5 + pulse 3d for my friends sons Christmas. I have one more friend looking for a ps5 but he's not trying very hard.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Getting a PS5 is like spending your time in prison. Once you get released you don't know how to live you end up back in jail or looking for the ps5 for others.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
This is me. I snagged 3 at launch, and then 2 weeks ago both my nephew and my mom is looking for one for my dad. So back to the front I go...
Yeah I am going on a long drought of getting another as well. Seems more and more people want them but to be fair I spend a bit less time than I was. I can only do things so much before I end up just moving on more and more.

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
It was relatively easy around launch. Helped friends secure a few (including mine) during the first week. Since then.. nothing.

My cousin wants a digital and that's the real demon's souls.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God, I should have done this ages ago but I found a discord server to join that notifies of stock drops.

Apparently, it's pretty quick as a lot of the ppl there have scored. This is my first time using discord so I had no idea it did this kind of thing until I saw a random twitter post.
Dm me if you want a link.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a PS5 is like spending your time in prison. Once you get released you don't know how to live you end up back in jail or looking for the ps5 for others.
Yeah, I've had one since launch day. I helped two friends get one. I was able to get one more for my girlfriend's stepdad and I've just got to find one more for my brother and then I am finally out for good. Even though I have one I spend way more time looking for one than actually playing it. The hunt is all-consuming because every second counts.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
God, I should have done this ages ago but I found a discord server to join that notifies of stock drops.

Apparently, it's pretty quick as a lot of the ppl there have scored. This is my first time using discord so I had no idea it did this kind of thing until I saw a random twitter post.
Dm me if you want a link.

I don't even know what 'Discord' is. I spend most of my time during the day on my work computers; is this safe to use on a work station?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

This is me right now. I was lucky enough to get in when Walmart first went live. Now I'm trying to help out my boss for his son, as well as my cousin who was trying to get one.

Fenrisulvur

Oct 25, 2017
Portland
Laughing at people comparing the scarcity of a luxury item to being in prison. We're all on the hunt for one but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know what 'Discord' is. I spend most of my time during the day on my work computers; is this safe to use on a work station?
I didn't know what discord was until about 15 minutes ago but I guess so seems like a Slack type of application.

anyways I'm trying to get to your guys pm's for links as quick as I can but era makes me wait 30 secs between messages for some dumb reason

Oct 29, 2017
Any luck in Canada? I tried today with the Wal-Mart drop but the site crashed, then allowed me to add to the shopping cart, got to payment, crashed, and now I just have an out-of-stock PS5 in my shopping cart.

If I keep it in my shopping cart will it give me an edge on the next drop?

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
You can just log into the browser version. It's a chat client.
IT's a way of communicating with people in a community, useful for voice chatting with people in games, But yeah, it's completely safe.
I didn't know what discord was until about 15 minutes ago but I guess so seems like a Slack type of application.

anyways I'm trying to get to your guys pm's for links as quick as I can but era makes me wait 30 secs between messages for some dumb reason

Thanks!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to leave my apple pay order in at computer mill and see what happens. Why not...........there customer service responds pretty fast and said if i wanted to cancel anytime i could.

Chase was willing to just cancel outright, but after talking with support im just going to let it sit. Why not.....couple weeks to see where this goes.

Merchant has nothing but my address with apple pay.........so not like I'm worried about anything. God, I love payment systems where the merchant gets no card details.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Laughing at people comparing the scarcity of a luxury item to being in prison. We're all on the hunt for one but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Just a small joke, but it's for sure a playstation prison when you miss tv shows, games and other things trying to find a ps5 for people.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Idk why but the only alerts that come to my phone is SiteSupply. Everyone else is sporadic at best or completely nonexistent. Might be a bug honestly since a lot of people report that issue here.
I have the opposite issue. I want site supply but only get wario. I've double checked everything in the notification settings, just doesn't work.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
If I keep it in my shopping cart will it give me an edge on the next drop?

I had it in my cart after launch day but Walmart deleted it from my cart later on. It varies though, you may still have it in there for the next drop. Those slimes, I had a digital in my cart at 11 am EST on the dot and it errored out on the checkout step multiple times and then put me in a queue just to wait for it to get sold.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I've never used the Twitter mobile app, just the webpage. Does the app notify you when you get tweets from specific accounts?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on painting the plane clown colors so we can all fly to Canada.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I wish Target had dropped tomorrow morning instead of this morning. My favorite show Big Mouth is dropping season 4 at midnight tonight plus I've got the new Mando show to watch so I'll be up all night. But now I'll be fighting with even more people as some stay home for the weekend and dont have to go into work so there is that added element too if a drop is tomorrow. :/

In the fat chance it happens, what is 5:40am cst in pst time please?