• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Got a system!

This is my second PS5 console bought from Playstation Direct. Seems like there's a chance it gets canceled, which if so, that's fine honestly.

The journey is complete. After 3 weeks of suffering, I managed to purchase 2 PS5 Disc from Playstation Direct to gift to my Nephew and sell to a friend (at cost) and a Digital Edition I drove 500 miles to a differnt state to purchase for myself.

This was hell. I hope you all get a system soon. So frustarting barely missing out on drops because sites won't work, or just sleeping through a random 4 AM drop. I'm finally done with this. Dx

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
I had a browser with the address pre populated, saw Wario's tweet, and hit enter on the browser immediately. Got one in this drop

Yeah I wasn't as quick, probably 15 seconds or so from tweet to on the site since I had to run to the computer. I didn't have any issues with the captcha like most people seemingly did, so I figured I had a decent chance.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Got a system!

This is my second PS5 console bought from Playstation Direct.
n9njOgL.png

Oct 31, 2017
Of course when I was working.
I talked to a Walmart associate in my area, they getting shipment to sell next week. Chances are Walmart online will be selling too. When? Who knows.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
"a Digital Edition I drove 500 miles to a differnt state to purchase for myself."

how bad do you want it bro
The PS5 Disc is ugly, and the PS5 Digital is $100 cheaper and better looking.

Was really tempted, but I spent $50 on gas, and made a trip of it with friends. Was a pretty fun time. In the end, that $100 "saved" was pretty much spent on Gas/Food, but... least I got my preferred system. xD

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Just got a disc one from Smyths Toys for a friend. Got the preorder email but they'll take amount when it's shipped.

Following 10 stock accounts with full notifications might pay off. 🙃

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
After going to bed an hour before they dropped on Target against my better judgement, I ain't even mad about this.

beanybody

Oct 29, 2017
I got one from PS Direct! After sleeping through the Target 4am drop, I didn't think it was gonna happen this year.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Got a system!

This is my second PS5 console bought from Playstation Direct. Seems like there's a chance it gets canceled, which if so, that's fine honestly.

The journey is complete. After 3 weeks of suffering, I managed to purchase 2 PS5 Disc from Playstation Direct to gift to my Nephew and sell to a friend (at cost) and a Digital Edition I drove 500 miles to a differnt state to purchase for myself.

This was hell. I hope you all get a system soon. So frustarting barely missing out on drops because sites won't work, or just sleeping through a random 4 AM drop. I'm finally done with this. Dx

tenor.gif

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
Got a system!

Even though my struggle is for the Xbox - I recognize that you are in fact a stud! Being able to buy 2 through this nightmare is no easy feat! Congrats, glad you were successful!

Scott Steuck

Dec 27, 2017
I didn't get the PS5 as I wanted, but I did secure a XSX from Antonline for a friend (I already have one) while the Direct was taking place. Now to secure a PS5 someday soon.

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
I am so extremely salty at this point, having failed to secure a system at pretty much every time preorders went up, I'm done. No PS5 for me. I spent hours on this, wasting my time. I might get one when they're readily available in stores, but screw bots and screw scalpers.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Well I completely missed that ne... Ended up going into a team meeting at 2pm after one last refresh....

Oh well. Guess I can try tomorrow.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I missed another one? Huge surprise.

Now to investigate why my alerts didn't come through on my phone.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much seems like if your queue isn't 15 minutes when stock releases you are SOL.

I wonder how many units they are releasing at a time. Wish there was some way to see their stock per drop.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are you guys using for being alerted to these drops? I was driving to pickup my weekly grocery order when this last one from Direct hit a bit ago. It looks like if I would have left 15 minutes later I would have been here refreshing this thread. I just can't do that at every waking hour.

I've got Wario 64 alerts turned on with Twitter but nothing came through from him. I have a iPhone 12 Pro if that matters at all IDK. I just want to setup a foolproof system for at least being alerted to the sales.

Any advice?

duder92

Jun 17, 2018
Seems like stock is getting replenished a bit at targets around me after they sold out this morning. I got a disc version today, but i would try for the digital if it went back up