• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
cDxzqu4.gif

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
The stock I see is pretty pathetic in my area. Half of the targets have none and the others have 8.
Yeah, most of them are 8 for me, including the closest one.

highest I've seen is 10. Went with the closest one with 10 when selecting my store, only 25 minutes away so not too bad. I just had like 6 store update in the last few hours, so hopefully you start seeing more get 8 or even more.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
Target has been barren for me, the closest store that has an Xbox to me is in another state lol

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, most of them are 8 for me, including the closest one.

highest I've seen is 10. Went with the closest one with 10 when selecting my store, only 25 minutes away so not too bad.
If those are the restock numbers weeks after launch with nothing for BF or Cyber Monday even then it's going to be fucking miserable trying to get one for the next 6+ months.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Man, this seems pretty crazy. Was it this hard to get a PS4 at launch? I managed to get 4 PS4's from the time pre-orders opened until Christmas without much effort. All at different times and all through Amazon. One was for me and the other three were Christmas presents for kids in the family. And all of them arrived before Christmas day.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
If those are the restock numbers weeks after launch with nothing for BF or Cyber Monday even then it's going to be fucking miserable trying to get one for the next 6+ months.

Bruh. My store is only expecting a couple PS5's before Christmas that they know of..... unless that 2nd shipment from China comes throughin the next couple weeks, scalpers are gonna make bank the week before Christmas....

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
The 3 closes targets here have 0.

The ones 40 miles or so and further all have 20...

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
Man, this seems pretty crazy. Was it this hard to get a PS4 at launch? I managed to get 4 PS4's from the time pre-orders opened until Christmas without much effort. All at different times and all through Amazon. One was for me and the other three were Christmas presents for kids in the family. And all of them arrived before Christmas day.
PS4 was easy. So was PS2. PS3 was low stock, but this (PS5) is the worst yet.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
PS3 and PS4 were easy for me. Nothing like this.

This is like the PS2 situation but probably even worse. There was no internet then so you would just show up to stores and pray, get in line or the best strategy was to rob kids walking out of GameStop. This is no different but the online teasing makes it seem worse.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I got PS2 on launch but waiting 5 or 6 hours in line at wal-mart. Also, inside at the old lay-away area.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
My nearest target says 10. If they even have then how do I get one, is it through Targets website, or is it an app only?

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Best shot for me is a Target almost two hours away. I live fairly rural so how how many people in a small town of 15,000 in middle nowhere Nebraska are gonna be waiting for them to drop right? RIGHT?

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
I said I was done after Cyber Monday, but here I sit putting on my wig and makeup. Luckily I never took off my nose...

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was supposed to only nap for an hour so I just woke up in a cold sweat and quickly fumbled to my iPad to make sure I didn't miss a drop.

I can't believe this is my life now. I hate you Sony.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
What does it mean if stock is available on Popfindr but nothing is showing on the app for Target?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a couple Targets in the area with 10+ units, but many are still showing 0. Is there anything useful I can do with this information? Or do I just have to sit and wait and hope that I am online when they put new systems up for sale?

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I was supposed to only nap for an hour so I just woke up in a cold sweat and quickly fumbled to my iPad to make sure I didn't miss a drop.

I can't believe this is my life now. I hate you Sony.
I took a nap yesterday and started freaking out that I missed a Sony direct.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
What does it mean if stock is available on Popfindr but nothing is showing on the app for Target?
They're getting that many for an online drop, but the online drop won't happen until most Targets have PS5's. At least that's what we hope, don't want anyone getting fucked over because their target didn't get any.

you'll want to keep close to this thread, or one of hte trusted Twitter peeps to find out when it does go up on the site/app.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
myStore still isn't showing any PS5 stock in my entire state, so I'm not going to worry about a drop tonight.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
If you're able to reserve it at a store via the Target app, do you have to go pick it up immediately or do you have the next 24-48 hours to do so?

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From what I read, target is sending ps5 to areas before selling them online. Thus you have to fight against the local consumers.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
In the Bay Area, out of around 20 Targets, one of them has 10 and one of them (which briefly reported having 10) has 1. The rest have none. If it's gonna be a simultaneous countrywide drop, it ain't happening tonight.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Still only 18 in my state at target but the in store and online slots now say 11469 and 290 respectively instead of being zero.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I thought someone had said it was going to be regional...I wouldn't be so certain that every store will drop on same day...
That was the original rumor, and tbh I think we heard that before we got any stock updates from popfindr, but many have doubted the regional drops since it seemed weird. Though weirder things have happened with the mess that is this next gen launch.

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
I always plan on being sleep deprived when a new system launches, but it's normally not because I'm still trying to get one :/