• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nfinnerty

Nov 28, 2020
They know it's probably going to cause issues with their site and don't want to inconvenience those who are shopping there regularly for other items.

If there is a possibility that your store front potentially gets taken down for transactions for 20-30 minutes that just lost sales of people who are buying products and do not care about a ps5. You would be losing money and don't want to make others unable to give you money. You know that those who want a PS5 at this time will stay up and glued to their phones/computer all hours of the day looking for stock. Better to potentially risk a site outage when most people aren't using it.

I know this is farfetched but I have seen them move the drops back farther than they used to. The first ones I tried all dropped around 10-11pm PST for me. last few have been after midnight and up until 2am PST.

At least that is how I look at it.
Awww that makes total sense. Sorry for insulting you target, please don't let that hurt my chances haha

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Awww that makes total sense. Sorry for insulting you target, please don't let that hurt my chances haha

I am probably full of it to be honest but I see that being something that would come down from higher ups of a massive corporation.

I am a cynical asshole though.

Does Target normally update online inventory at the same time across the country?

All the drops seem to have been the same time across the country.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
i had a series s in my cart from newegg but i couldn't pull the trigger because I think I want the Series X but, man now i'm kinda regretting it!

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Fucking Worten(Portuguese Store), been refreshing since 00:01 and nothing

Earlier had it on my stock at Media Markt but sold out in processing

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where is this 3am business about a Target drop coming from?

Tales from our asses? Or should I go take a nap for a bit so I can be ready?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

They put up stock at 3 AM according to Target employees but they didn't drop them at that time other times. If there's a best guess then it's 3 AM but it could also be wrong.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017

If they go up tonight...the site updates inventory between 12 and 3 central time...so not tales from our asses but still very much tbd if they are actually doing it tonight (I work for target and have no idea)...

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they go up tonight...the site updates inventory between 12 and 3 central time...so not tales from our asses but still very much tbd if they are actually doing it tonight (I work for target and have no idea)...
Thank you for the info. Yep, off to take a nap. Thankfully I am off work tomorrow. It's going to be a real tough day tomorrow I have to take my 14 yo Dog to get put down at the vet tomorrow. Would be very nice to be able to get a PS5 for the distraction after that appointment.

Samiad

Nov 2, 2017
Scalpers are going to be an issue until after Q1 of 2021 I think.
The closing prices of PS5's on eBay might give some useful metrics on predicting when scalpers will die out. Someone posted some interesting graphs on Reddit for the 3080/90 GPUs that visualized the drop off (of course, those products are still very 'scalpy' right now).

Dief88

Nov 13, 2020
Thank you for the info. Yep, off to take a nap. Thankfully I am off work tomorrow. It's going to be a real tough day tomorrow I have to take my 14 yo Dog to get put down at the vet tomorrow. Would be very nice to be able to get a PS5 for the distraction after that appointment.
That sucks man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll be pulling for you to get a PS5 tomorrow. Heck I'd give you my spot in line if that's how these things worked instead of being a bot-fest.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Never easy having to take your pet to the vet one last time. Really hope you get a PS5.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Idk why I think I'll magically open the Target app one of these times and expect a PS5 to be available.

And yet I persist.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, Target put up inventory on Xbox launch at 1:25am eastern, and 1:35am eastern for PS5.

Ah yeah those were the exact times. I remember them being around somewhere between 10 and 11PM PST.

I haven't seen them at that time since that week.

Idk why I think I'll magically open the Target app one of these times and expect a PS5 to be available.

And yet I persist.

The thrill of the hunt.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
The crazy thing is that I wanted to play destiny with the ps5 upgrade next week and nope still have to wait. Shit sucks

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Looks like my PS5 for a family members present is ready for pickup at Best Buy. Was part of the Nov 22nd drop. It was actually earlier than I thought. Was supposed to be tomorrow and got notified yesterday.

good luck to those still searching the longer it's out the better the chance

Last edited:

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That sucks man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll be pulling for you to get a PS5 tomorrow. Heck I'd give you my spot in line if that's how these things worked instead of being a bot-fest.
Sorry to hear that. Never easy having to take your pet to the vet one last time. Really hope you get a PS5.
Thank you both very much for the thoughts. Yea, its not easy but I take solace in knowing that he's given my wife, kids, and I an incredible 14 years and if we've made him half as happy as he's made us then he's had a great life. Thinking about it like that helps, just a little bit.

His name is "Drake" based off Uncharted as well so the PS5 thread is somehow fitting lol. I can't believe that game has been nearly 14 years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you both very much for the thoughts. Yea, its not easy but I take solace in knowing that he's given my wife, kids, and I an incredible 14 years and if we've made him half as happy as he's made us then he's had a great life. Thinking about it like that helps, just a little bit.

His name is "Drake" based off Uncharted as well so the PS5 thread is somehow fitting lol. I can't believe that game has been nearly 14 years ago.
Time flies, that's for sure.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've had one in the cart so many times I don't even know how many it is.

KfLti5D.png

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Grain of salt time...
Tomm is the last day my WM is holding PS5 preorders from last wed.. They should have been returned to shelves a few days ago, but they were made to hold them until at least, close of business tomm for undisclosed reasons. It's a shot in the dark, but if that is the same for all stores, there could be a super-small chance at some point Friday morning they are returned to store inventory if not picked up by then.. and no, the electronics dept has nothing to do with it; it's all on the dotcom mgtmt in each store. It truly is going to be about being in the right place at the right time going forward...

Good luck peeps. I'm still trying to help a couple buddies get them with no luck....