• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
There's one Target around me with 8 PS5s while the other ones are out of stock. I'm going to assume they're pickups.... unless
bl8oYIl.jpg

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what SiteSupply means by the Sony Direct site "acting funny", but they seem to think it's worth keeping an eye on.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Well that sucks. Wonder if that is the same situation as the one I went to yesterday.

Really don't want to be waiting outside of Walmarts at 7am hoping that someone decides to sell a handful that day.
I feel that is a for sure way to get it if one is willing to go and check. We aren't getting extra in stock anytime soon at stores so this is a way that I believe will work for many. A lot of stores have already sold though so it's almost done with anyways but yeah as far as the store that sold them today I had checked brickseek yesterday and saw they were the only store that didn't say out of stock and I had considered to go look today but I just said forget it and played games, went to bed without really wanting to try for it at the time.

Out of the 3 stores closes to me 2 of them sold and I honestly would have gotten them at both if the effort was there. First store I was 3rd out of 2 systems and this other store I sort of caught back up on sleep from staying up watching online everyday.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that is a for sure way to get it if one is willing to go and check. We aren't getting extra in stock anytime soon at stores so this is a way that I believe will work for many. A lot of stores have already sold though so it's almost done with.

Out of the 3 stores closes to me 2 of them sold and I honestly would have gotten them at both if the effort was there. First store I was 3rd out of 2 systems and this other store I sort of caught back up on sleep from staying up watching online everyday.

I might swing by there again later and see if they changed their tune. All of the stores around me have slowly been moving to Limited Quantity/OOS besides this one the past 3 days.

Guy there told me all the others stores got some to sell to walk ins besides them, which I find odd, but it could be plausible.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I might swing by there again later and see if they changed their tune. All of the stores around me have slowly been moving to Limited Quantity/OOS besides this one the past 3 days.
Morning will be the best time but any time could happen but managers and choices are made in morning meetings around a store opening normally.

I assume this store had gotten lines every morning until they sold today as well which probably helped push it.

They will also sell ones that aren't picked up and that will probably be random or maybe morning too. It will only get more random and harder but I think chances will be reasonable for some that go every day.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I gave up on Sony Direct, random q times feels like lottery tickets. There is no time that works other than luck and getting there first in the q only means nothing.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
The PS Direct captchas have been happening sporadically since at least 1EST, which is when I started checking and got hit with a few

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get in the Sony direct queue immediately when it launches? Surprise, we aren't putting up consoles for sale until 1.5 hours later so you get placed to back of the line. Miss getting in queue immediately and go in 8 minutes later? Surprise we are only letting people that got in 10 seconds after launching it to get consoles today

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Get in the Sony direct queue immediately when it launches? Surprise, we aren't putting up consoles for sale until 1.5 hours later so you get placed to back of the line. Miss getting in queue immediately and go in 8 minutes later? Surprise we are only letting people that got in 10 seconds after launching it to get consoles today
If you aren't first you are last, if you are first you are last.

That is the life and RNG nature of the PS Direct queue system

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will ever top getting into the queue too early, that you miss getting a PS5.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018

That's fine with me. It's effectively a lottery anyway.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect the queue to go up within 5-10 minutes since I'm going to step away to eat something.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
If it helps any, I got into Sony DIrect on launch day with stock, but I couldn't log in because the 2-factor codes wouldn't send (I'd forgotten to set up the app). I didn't log in ahead of time because I was just waiting on Target and didn't expect Sony at all.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is we don't even know if Sony is putting any more up. When they first started they would say come back tomorrow, but now it's all a mystery.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
How has MS been with putting SX back on xbox.com?

I got one from my bro via Target since it was easy. (Picked up the next day) I preordered one the same day on xbox website but cancelled it as soon as I got the target notification. Now that I want one seems I'm sol. Lol.

Really hated the Gamestop trade in special because there was no stock to do the actual system trade. F you covid. This would have been possible any other year.