• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ware

Jun 3, 2020
Adding my experience to the brickseed Walmart
It said my local Walmart in Tempe, AZ had 6+. I checked it out while getting groceries and it was online orders only.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
You're not cursed and you're not alone. I've tried every Walmart Best Buy and Target drop with no luck. But I agree this is the most frustrating gaming experience ever.
This is because the scalpers who do sneakers found out about the profit on these and are now scalping them all. In 2013 scalper bots weren't really a thing I don't think.

Yeah; it's just mentally taxing. Last night I had two dreams about PS5, and I had one Friday night about it as well. In all three dreams I was able to grab a PS5, and in all three for one reason or another I wasn't able to actually walk away with it. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I know this is first world problems, but I think it's the accumulated Ls that makes it so frustrating; failure after failure.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked my local Wal-Mart stores on brickseek for ps5s and the only one with stock now is the one that said they had over 40 and weren't seling and made up some story how they were already all gone.

They were already all gone? What does that even mean?

Clearly they aren't gone if they are there. Surprised they just didn't say these are for pick up orders being fulfilled.

Oct 28, 2017
Before it properly ships Wal-Mart will create a shipping label for your order. Once that happens the package is in FedEX's database and you can see updates on the FedEX app if you create an account and link your home address.
Oh ok. In that case I don't think they've created a label for it yet. I looked on the app and there's nothing there

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Honest question, do captchas not stop bots?

I do machine learning as my profession. Most current captchas can be bypassed without much difficulty. There are better ways to do one however. A suggestion I have is for the person checking out, the system asks them to do a simple math problem. Such as having a "7" and a "2" appear on the screen. You would be asked to subtract (or add) the second number from the first, so you would type in "5". I thought of having an additional step as in if you type "5" as the correct answer it states correct, and then gives you a dropdown list of the random color chosen for the 5, and then you selected the color from the list - the problem with using colors however is that one needs to take into account color blindness. I would also suggest that the numbers that are part of the problem be shown as images to make them more difficult for bots - of course GANs ands some NNs could get around this - but that would be beyond most bots.

In grad school we did some web scraping/bots and I found them to be the most tedious use of programming; I have zero interest in them.

Last edited:

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
They were already all gone? What does that even mean?

Clearly they aren't gone if they are there. Surprised they just didn't say these are for pick up orders being fulfilled.
He was lying or was uninformed he actually acted like people had come and picked them all up while nodding his head to lawn and garden. They are just not selling what they have whenever they are.. lol This was yesterday and they haven't sold any yet, the other guy that actually works in electronics told us he hasn't seen any after a floor manager just told us they have around 45

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The LIST atm

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr -- needs to be shipped

Zetta

Liquidzr0

MrRob

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy

LGHT_TRSN

netguy503

Rag

Kasai

bashfulberry

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

Spotanime

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

badcrumble

Emergency & I

tgr_williams

jar155

fadeawayjae

GFP_RYU

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

Rigbones

GOD bless and GODspeed. I made numerous efforts to drive Walmarts/Targets/Gamestop, etc but still defeated. All Ls at the moment. We will get one soon.

Huge thank you in advance for anyone who can help these people on this list.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Local Walmart said they aren't supposed to be selling what they have for walk ins. I got bad RNG for my Walmart.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
People in Walmart right now like

I made this for the preorder thread and it seems it was pretty accurate.
jingle.jpg

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
He was lying or was uninformed he actually acted like people had come and picked them all up while nodding his head to lawn and garden. They are just not selling what they have whenever they are.. lol This was yesterday and they haven't sold any yet, the other guy that actually works in electronics told us he hasn't seen any after a floor manager just told us they have around 45
There, you found your scalpers !
They can sell them double the price, cash in for Walmart the 500 or 400 and keep the balance.

Oct 25, 2017
Local Walmart said they aren't supposed to be selling what they have for walk ins. I got bad RNG for my Walmart.

yea it's clear at this point it's a YMMV type thing. Some stores don't care some do.

im not going to haggle a Walmart employee I'm sure they deal with enough bullshit.

but what I'm not understand is the whole order pickup thing.Like if they have to console why is it taking so long for people to pick up their systems

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I asked a walmart employee and he said something happened and they ended up selling the xboxes they had for online orders in the store over the weekend????

fully expect to see a delay or cancellation after hearing that shit.

fuck this launch.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So absolutely no rumblings of any other drops today? From reputable places? GameStop? Walmart? Target?

Nobody?

I was just recruited to help another family find their kiddo a PS5. So I still have two more to find.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I asked a walmart employee and he said something happened and they ended up selling the xboxes they had for online orders in the store over the weekend????

fully expect to see a delay or cancellation after hearing that shit.

fuck this launch.

Wal-mart especially has handled this launch incredibly poorly.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Sent my dad to pick up the Walmart PS5 order. He got it without a hitch, but they didn't even check his ID. So I'm both happy about it, and kinda upset about it for folks trying to play this stuff dirty. 😬

This PS5 is for a really special kid, the one I mentioned in here last week, who lost his dad a few days after Christmas last year, (his dad who had just officially adopted him and his sisters like two weeks before). This family has been through a lot, and I am so stoked I was able to grab one of these for him.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I misremembering, or did I hear awhile back that the Sony Direct orders of the PS5s came with some free stuff like a theme or something? Can't find this with any Google search, so I might've just dreamt it.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Wal-mart especially has handled this launch incredibly poorly.

At a store level issues, I'd blame the re-org/restructure and lack of communication. It's unfortunate, but many stores just went through a big responsibility change for management, so sharing information is not priority #1 always....

Well, I get in around 6:40'sh. If they b
Never pulled the 2nd box out of the security room, you can start taking the 2hour trek south, lol

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Sent my dad to pick up the Walmart PS5 order. He got it without a hitch, but they didn't even check his ID. So I'm both happy about it, and kinda upset about it for folks trying to play this stuff dirty. 😬

This PS5 is for a really special kid, the one I mentioned in here last week, who lost his dad a few days after Christmas last year, (his dad who had just officially adopted him and his sisters like two weeks before). This family has been through a lot, and I am so stoked I was able to grab one of these for him.
Well done, hope that kid has some happy moments to cherish this Christmas.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At a store level issues, I'd blame the re-org/restructure and lack of communication. It's unfortunate, but many stores just went through a big responsibility change for management, so sharing information is not priority #1 always....

Its not even just at store levels. Its across the board. Just look at how many people in this thread including myself should have had a PS5 at launch and our orders were held in limbo with no updates. Which is you know if you even manage to check out with a console at all due to the website having zero protection for bots.

Oct 28, 2017
I've posted this several times but:

My PS5 from Walmart is still set for delivery 12/2. It is not store pickup. Do you think it's worth it to call my local Walmart and tell them it's still preparing and see if I can get one? Or are they marking PS5s specifically for people who did pickup?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Its not even just at store levels. Its across the board. Just look at how many people in this thread including myself should have had a PS5 at launch and our orders were held in limbo with no updates. Which is you know if you even manage to check out with a console at all due to the website having zero protection for bots.

Oh, I know. I got frozen at the checkout screen Wed night. Super-pissed about it......