• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But when the XSX drops its been so much easier to actually purchase. Both times I got one I wasn't even Johnny on the spot with clicking the link and they still had them. I feel like Microsoft just must wait to have a larger initial inventory to give to retailers or something. Whereas it feels like Sony is sending like 4 PS5s to New Egg

I get the sense that there may be either more XSX stock replenishes compared to PS5, or they just had more units ready to ship in these opening weeks than Sony did. (Not that demand for the PS5 isn't insanely high too)

Either way, I hope both companies manage to get more stock out to help out in time for Christmas.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The LIST atm

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr -- needs to be shipped

Zetta

Liquidzr0

MrRob

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy

LGHT_TRSN

netguy503

Rag

Kasai

bashfulberry

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

Spotanime

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

badcrumble

Emergency & I

tgr_williams

jar155

fadeawayjae

GFP_RYU

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

Rigbones

GOD bless and GODspeed. I made numerous efforts to drive Walmarts/Targets/Gamestop, etc but still defeated. All Ls at the moment. We will get one soon.

Huge thank you in advance for anyone who can help these people on this list.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my PS5 bundle is supposed to be here on Thursday and I just got a popup from the FedEX app saying it was re-scheduled.... I clicked on it expecting the worst but turns out its ahead of schedule. Should be here by tomorrow. And by chance I have this weekend off. Not going to celebrate fully just yet until I have the thing in hand though... but if I get to have a full weekend of Demon's Souls I'm gonna be happy.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The LIST atm

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Zetta

Liquidzr0

MrRob

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy

LGHT_TRSN

netguy503

Rag

Kasai

bashfulberry

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

Spotanime

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

badcrumble

GFP_RYU

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

Rigbones

GOD bless and GODspeed. I made numerous efforts to drive Walmarts/Targets/Gamestop, etc but still defeated. All Ls at the moment. We will get one soon.

Add me to the PS5 list <3

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
So my PS5 bundle is supposed to be here on Thursday and I just got a popup from the FedEX app saying it was re-scheduled.... I clicked on it expecting the worst but turns out its ahead of schedule. Should be here by tomorrow. And by chance I have this weekend off. Not going to celebrate fully just yet until I have the thing in hand though... but if I get to have a full weekend of Demon's Souls I'm gonna be happy.

Gamestop drop?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
The LIST atm

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Zetta

Liquidzr0

MrRob

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy

LGHT_TRSN

netguy503

Rag

Kasai

bashfulberry

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

Spotanime

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

badcrumble

GFP_RYU

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

Rigbones

This list is in order of those who were added to it, right? I'm keeping my eyes out for systems, definitely grabbing one for this list if I see any.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised that Amazon hasn't had another drop. This wait for a PS5 is just frustrating damn.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I work with the Xbox team regularly and can't get one, haha - this has been the hardest console to find in 30 years (from my POV.) PS5 was way easier, or I just got way luckier
Both these launches feel like the worst I can remember tbh. The Wii/PS3 situation was really bad back in the day, and Nintendo's recent retro consoles were also challenging, but it feels like the online only situation with these consoles coupled with ubiquitous bot use(and power of said bots) has made these launches impossible.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
You are a Good Samaritan
Just a grunt in the war against scalpers.

091.gif

come on walmart, stop preparing my order and get it done already
Hey come on, that employee is really close to beating Demon's Souls man, just give him one more day.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I work with the Xbox team regularly and can't get one, haha - this has been the hardest console to find in 30 years (from my POV.) PS5 was way easier, or I just got way luckier

They may have over-shipped to other regions like CAN, they pop up more often than PS5 here and stay for about 30 min. Resellers moving them across the border end up buying them, but they are in stock for a while.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I get the sense that there may be either more XSX stock replenishes compared to PS5, or they just had more units ready to ship in these opening weeks than Sony did. (Not that demand for the PS5 isn't insanely high too)

Either way, I hope both companies manage to get more stock out to help out in time for Christmas.
There have been nearly double ps5 drops compared Xbox though. Sony's website alone is probably around 12 to 3 or 4 compared to MS. Gamestop did 3 ps5 drops in the last week or so.

Oct 25, 2017
Both these launches feel like the worst I can remember tbh. The Wii/PS3 situation was really bad back in the day, and Nintendo's recent retro consoles were also challenging, but it feels like the online only situation with these consoles coupled with ubiquitous bot use(and power of said bots) has made these launches impossible.
It's definitely tougher than any mainline console before, but hopefully won't be as bad as the NES classic. It took a solid 4 months of trying for me to finally get one of those.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There have been nearly double ps5 drops compared Xbox though. Sony's website alone is probably around 12 to 3 or 4 compared to MS. Gamestop did 3 ps5 drops in the last week or so.
Yeah I was going to say... I've seen very few drops of XSX units. Now... XSS I've seen a decent amount but PS5 seems to be what is being pushed the most out of all three.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Funnily enough, the Game & Watch that just launched is probably the easiest I've ever obtained a limited stock item like that from Nintendo. Almost inclined to believe everyone being distracted by the PS5/XSX made it easier, lol

Nov 28, 2020
Called walmart at first they said theborder was probably cancelled and I didn't get a email then they said they don't have any and to wait until the 2nd. Rip

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Heads up to Rag and Samaritan, the Walmart on Fairview in Meridian does not have any PS5s in stock regardless of what Brickseek says. I just got back from there and I'm pretty sure it's only for those who bought it online.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
The LIST atm

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Zetta

Liquidzr0

MrRob

Kinggroin

King of Dreamland

The Real Jeremy

LGHT_TRSN

netguy503

Rag

Kasai

bashfulberry

Sagroth

Baru

FTF

IMBCIT

Mookie1515

Castor

Epcott

Mingoguaya

Spotanime

milkyway

Pillville

jukeboxhero2396

NeverWas

badcrumble

GFP_RYU

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

Rigbones

Could I get on the PS5 list as well?

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
People talking about being able to grab multiple PS5.....I just don't get it. I must have the worst luck in the world. I've had PS5 carted at PS Direct, Best Buy, Target, and Gamespot. I go to drops as soon as they happen such as antonline.....and nothing. Hell, during the Direct drop on Wednesday evening I got into the queue too fast as I got through it before the systems were put up, and got kicked out and put back inline when they were available to buy. I've gone to multiple Walmarts to try instore. I've gone to Target to try instore only to find out that I was barely too late. It seems damn impossible to get a PS5, or maybe I'm just cursed. I'm 37, I've been gaming since I could hold a controller. I picked up a launch day PS2 no problem. This PS5 saga is the most frustrating gaming experience of my life.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
People talking about being able to grab multiple PS5.....I just don't get it. I must have the worst luck in the world. I've had PS5 carted at PS Direct, Best Buy, Target, and Gamespot. I go to drops as soon as they happen such as antonline.....and nothing. Hell, during the Direct drop on Wednesday evening I got into the queue too fast as I got through it before the systems were put up, and got kicked out and put back inline when they were available to buy. I've gone to multiple Walmarts to try instore. I've gone to Target to try instore only to find out that I was barely too late. It seems damn impossible to get a PS5, or maybe I'm just cursed. I'm 37, I've been gaming since I could hold a controller. I picked up a launch day PS2 no problem. This PS5 saga is the most frustrating gaming experience of my life.
You're not cursed and you're not alone. I've tried every Walmart Best Buy and Target drop with no luck. But I agree this is the most frustrating gaming experience ever.

Nov 28, 2020
Pick up in store. They sounded kind of clueless tbh though. They told me it was probably cancelled and then once I told them it's already been charged they put me on hold and came back and said to wait until the 2nd

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is because the scalpers who do sneakers found out about the profit on these and are now scalping them all. In 2013 scalper bots weren't really a thing I don't think.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
This is because the scalpers who do sneakers found out about the profit on these and are now scalping them all. In 2013 scalper bots weren't really a thing I don't think.
Scalper bots might not have been a thing, but the PS4 was still selling for about double at launch through resellers.

They oversold pre orders and are still filling them.
They even sold stock at launch which made the pre-order delay even worse.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
It's the lure, the money some can make on it and the effect of people actually wanting it more than they really do in some cases. Influence plays a huge part in how many people are going for it and for this it is really strong. I guess it could become easier since the games for it are a bit lacking and that should blow off some of the appeal after a while. For this Holiday though it will likely just keep going up.

Social media also plays a part for people showing how they got it, showing how many they have while people are wanting it this just pushes the drive up a bit and expands on how many more people are influenced to wanting it and trying to get it.

Back in the 90s we all heard about the systems for being a gamer normally with a bit of news and had much less chances to grow the driving force behind making more and more people want something. It was more or less visit someone's house see it and want it.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Two of the biggest retailers in the US - Amazon and Target - having no stock for Black Friday or Cybermonday is so weird.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
But when the XSX drops its been so much easier to actually purchase. Both times I got one I wasn't even Johnny on the spot with clicking the link and they still had them. I feel like Microsoft just must wait to have a larger initial inventory to give to retailers or something. Whereas it feels like Sony is sending like 4 PS5s to New Egg
I think that's the case. Although I ordered an XSX from MS Store on launch night and still waiting for it to ship. They've been slowly shipping out the launch night orders, just haven't gotten to mine yet.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Thank you so much! I was literally thinking about leaving the shop and driving up there to see right this second.
Was considering stopping here on my way back from work, so appreciate the heads-up haha!
You could try talking to the salespeople there to see if you can snag one but as I was entering and exiting the store through Automotive there was a decent sized line there. However, they do have a spot in the display case for disk PS5s, so they might have some in stock soon.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Just checked my local Wal-Mart stores on brickseek for ps5s and the only one with stock now is the one that said they had over 40 and weren't seling and made up some story how they were already all gone.