• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CKDexterHaven

Nov 26, 2017
Anytime he posts a non-ps5 tweet, some people just complain nonstop. There's also another guy on YouTube who is also trying to help people locate ps5's, but then people lash out at him if they can't find one. It's ridiculous. So many selfish, ungrateful, entitled, and toxic people out there. This launch is really showcasing how many scumbags there are out there.
Yep . We are lucky to have the luxury of this avocation in these times.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Mine is pretty noticeably loud with a disc in it on start up. The disc drive is loud.
Yeah, that is one the big differences between the PS5 and Series X....the drive in the PS5 is just way louder than the Series X one is. I tested it the other night and had them both running a 4k Movie and the noise on the left side of the room where the PS5 is was way louder. The other issue the PS5 has when playing a game in the drive that every hour or so it spins up for a bit of time and then stops. Like the system is still checking that the disk is in the drive for some reason. I am sure this can fixed with a firmware update, but right now playing any physical game, when you first boot the game you get a loud spin up of the drive for a bit then it stops....a hour or so into gaming it spins up again and continues to do this almost every hour or so. It is pretty annoying.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
the closest and only walmart by me has 6+ according to brickseek...is it worth the shot?

It would be NJ walmart

7am is early
For anyone wanting it enough and doesn't mind going to check it is for sure worth it. There have been a lot of success stories on getting it but it's still going to boil to down right place at the right time.

Store 3 miles from me wouldn't sell or associates jacked them.

Store 12 miles from me sold 2 today. (A helpful manager gave me a hint they would be sold today if they had some to sell)

Store 15 miles away has 44 and wouldn't sell today.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like the most successful people are the ones asking for a manager. Just walking into a Wal-Mart and looking in their empty PS5 case or asking the clerk seems like a losing strategy most of the time.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I'll try again tomorrow.

Liquidsnake , I'll check for you again tomorrow morning.
I have a feeling you will for sure get it if you don't give up, get there early enough to at least beat any possible lines for the possibility of them only selling 2 or 3. In my case it was 2 and I was 3rd in line lol but I got there about 6:55

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll check somewhere when I get off work but it won't be for a while. They'll probably be gone if there were any.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling you will for sure get it if you don't give up, get there early enough to at least beat any possible lines for the possibility of them only selling 2 or 3. In my case it was 2 and I was 3rd in line lol but I got there about 6:55

I just pray I get a cooperative and friendly manager to assist me. I just want to make sure all Walmart's are mandated today they can sell those in the store instead of pick up

Tbro777

Nov 24, 2017
Anyone who ordered the PS5 bundle from Sam's Club last week, the should be shipped or shipping soon. I had an original deliver by date of 12/16. Just got a fed ex notification of a package that weighs over17 pounds, says it's from Solutions 2 Go. Got a delivery date of 12/2 now. the order on sams club website doesn;t say shipped yet just still says order placed.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
How many of you were at Wal-Mart today and what were you told? Figure there are a few of you who may not have chimed in.

And are you planning on going tomorrow?
I went to Walmart to pick up my Series X and inquired about the PS5 and they won't sell them to anyone but the ones who have a preorder. They don't expect to have stock to sell to the general public in a good while or so they said.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the endgame y'all boys. Finally got the shipping information for my Xbox Series X from the Gamestop bundles.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I'm in the endgame y'all boys. Finally got the shipping information for my Xbox Series X from the Gamestop bundles.
3E_PDTUwnOs66dO99F305HYySXXRDl-rLUZ7sSc4Yaw.jpg

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are the peeps that still need one

GFP_RYU

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85 (Gundam Barbatos fan eh. Gundam is life)

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is brickseek that accurate cause a Walmart not too far from me has 6+... would tomorrow be a better bet or try before they close at 10-11 today?

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I went to Walmart to pick up my Series X and inquired about the PS5 and they won't sell them to anyone but the ones who have a preorder. They don't expect to have stock to sell to the general public in a good while or so they said.
Yeah likely wrong from everything that is known, they are told all were sold online and left in the dark.

I've said it before but it is very likely wal mart simply ended the sale even though they had stock on the day they sold. A manager pretty much said this exact same idea to me and if they were at all paying attention to what and how it was being ordered then they may have just pulled the plug or Sony asked them to save some for in store purchases. I think it's all very feasible although how many is a wild card for each store.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peeps who needs PS5

GFP_RYU

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

For peeps who wanna help locate us(no pressure), super thank you. Also please prioritize all before me. I'll be the last option to pm me if you got Ps5. I want to make sure these guys get it first.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
So how does target stock work? Pop finder is showing multiple stores around me that have ps5s in stock but they never go up for sale. Then the stock is gone the next day or later that day. Are they selling these to walk ins?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey GFP_RYU add me to that PS5 list, these last few days of nothing online has been disappointing. Hopefully if another Sony Direct happens its after 6pm.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
So how does target stock work? Pop finder is showing multiple stores around me that have ps5s in stock but they never go up for sale. Then the stock is gone the next day or later that day. Are they selling these to walk ins?
Target offers absolutely no walk-ins. Curbside or Pickup only. If your stores have stock, might do well to be logged in and checking often. There are absolutely zero in stock in the Atlanta metro

liquidzr0

May 29, 2019
Peeps who needs PS5

GFP_RYU

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Series X/S

wwm0nkey

For peeps who wanna help locate us(no pressure), super thank you. Also please prioritize all before me. I'll be the last option to pm me if you got Ps5. I want to make sure these guys get it first.
could i be added to the PS5 list too?

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey GFP_RYU add me to that PS5 list, these last few days of nothing online has been disappointing. Hopefully if another Sony Direct happens its after 6pm.

Got it

Peeps who needs PS5

GFP_RYU

Speevy

Liquidsnake

Frecklestein

Trigonometrize

Dwix85

Bitcloudrzr

Zetta

Liquidzr0

Series X/S