• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Wal-Mart left a voicemail saying my Series X was ready today even though site said the 2nd. Went and picked it up now i just gotta find a ps5.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
New rumors saying wal mart in store sales of extras is officially tomorrow. Take that with a 50/50 when going to your stores tomorrow at 7am

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
What's the source of these rumors?
Guys on youtube who picked one up today at one store and a manager told them tomorrow at another. Lots of people in this thread getting them Saturday, me seeing 2 sold today at one and a few here getting them today and we know stores have them and lie.

Brickseek is accurate but they haven't removed the pre orders yet.

My friend is still looking so I may try but the store that has 44 is a bit further away than my nearest that either already sold or employees bought.

My friend use to be a co manager at various stores so the manager at wal mart told him they had 44 pretty easily but he wasn't very helpful after that

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
How 'bout they give me the one I ordered first?!?
This is not true across the board. It's a YMMV thing as a lot of people have Dec 2nd as their local pickup date.

For stores that have completed/filled their online orders, the rest are going on shelves as well as stuff coming off trucks. Mngtmt said that was their instruction from HQ.

Case & Point, we got a shipment of SerX today, all of which went on shelves 1st come 1st serve...

Thebox

Dec 26, 2019
Which is strange because I snagged a ps5 late launch day when Amazon through them up and got it two days later.
Same here. I happened to be on my phone and Amazon sent me an alert that it was in stock and I just tapped the alert and was instantly taken to the app and added one to my cart and checked out. I checked 30 seconds later and they were sold out. Got lucky as hell.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For stores that have completed/filled their online orders, the rest are going on shelves as well as stuff coming off trucks. Mngtmt said that was their instruction from HQ.

Case & Point, we got a shipment of SerX today, all of which went on shelves 1st come 1st serve...

Wait, you work at Walmart, correct? When is the deadline of people did not pick up their orders online

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
Currently waiting outside a police station to meet someone off Craigslist. The price is too good to not try and get it, but I can't help but feel like I'm being trolled and the guy isn't gonna show.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say that couldn't have happened, but somebody would be in some trouble of they sold one before the online folks were done filling orders...

I'd call the store or go to it and ask the online pick up folks
I got a PS5 from the Walmart drop on Wednesday. My is being delivered to me. It still says delivery is 12/2, and after multiple chats I've figured out the ship date is 12/1. Do you think it's worth it to go to my local Walmart and show them that? Would they possibly let me get one?

Oct 27, 2017
People are harassing him? Why?

Anytime he posts a non-ps5 tweet, some people just complain nonstop. There's also another guy on YouTube who is also trying to help people locate ps5's, but then people lash out at him if they can't find one. It's ridiculous. So many selfish, ungrateful, entitled, and toxic people out there. This launch is really showcasing how many scumbags there are out there.

Oct 25, 2017
4 days flat, no exceptions

Approximately what time would they release these system if they are available? Should I go at Midnight? Someone in here mentioned 7 am.

edit:
We sold our leftovers this morning (pissed me off since my biddy has been trying to get one,) so that started today, although some did yesterday because reading comprehension and all that.

I see....well, maybe there will still be a chance tomorrow...

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We sold our leftovers this morning (pissed me off since my biddy has been trying to get one,) so that started today, although some did yesterday because reading comprehension and all that.

It's weird because I went to another Walmart today and told me it is only online. If I go there tomororw morning, is there proof I can show that they can start selling off the shelves?

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Wal-Mart isn't great with this stuff, they just let whoever run the show and so much of the store has no idea what is going on or all of them don't.

Unlike best buy where they have a system set in place straight away for pick ups like this.
It's weird because I went to another Walmart today and told me it is only online. If I go there tomororw morning, is there proof I can show that they can start selling off the shelves?
Some of them are just going to follow what they are told regardless and most were or are being told they were only sold online. The associates that sold to us today had no idea they were going to be selling them so it's still going to be at the discretion of the ones with the keys and ability to sell them in a sense. I am going every day because there has to be a point at which x store sells what they have and it seems it was from saturday to any day now.

And they are usually locked up and the key thing wasn't an exaggeration. How stores handle their keys and or where they lock or don't lock up such items will all be different and why at times it can be impossible for associates to sell them.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Just peeped the Craigslist listings here for the first time... $2,300! There's one for $425 that I'm tempted to message just to see what kind of scam they're trying to pull.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
My PS5 finally came a little over an hour ago. I've just been setting it up and stuff. It's finally over. I wouldn't have it if it wasn't for this thread so thank you guys.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
My PS5 finally came a little over an hour ago. I've just been setting it up and stuff. It's finally over. I wouldn't have it if it wasn't for this thread so thank you guys.
Congrats! What game(s) are you going to try out first? I think the showcase game is Demon's Souls, but if you are not into that type of game, I think Days Gone at 60fps and Ghost of T. at 60fps are very good. AC Valhalla is another great looking game as well and runs at 60fps. Lot's to choose, but a lot of great games that are BC that got 60fps boost are great.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
How many of you were at Wal-Mart today and what were you told? Figure there are a few of you who may not have chimed in.

And are you planning on going tomorrow?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The way you guys make it sound when you turn your PS5 on:

giphy.gif

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Approximately what time would they release these system if they are available? Should I go at Midnight? Someone in here mentioned 7 am.
edit:
I see....well, maybe there will still be a chance tomorrow...

Most WalMart (all around here) are 7-11pm now, freight can start coming off trucks as early as 3pm, but "shouldn't" be brought to the floor until 9pm. Obviously, the electronics associates will usually fish around for systems earlier if we know they are coming in. As for the shelf retirns from online, most stores were filling those overnight and they should have all been done from Wed. orders...

I would go to the store and ask because they are 1st come first serve, & "should be" 1 per party per day..

Wal-Mart isn't great with this stuff, they just let whoever run the show and so much of the store has no idea what is going on or all of them don't.

Unlike best buy where they have a system set in place straight away for pick ups like this.

Some of them are just going to follow what they are told regardless and most were or are being told they were only sold online. The associates that sold to us today had no idea they were going to be selling them so it's still going to be at the discretion of the ones with the keys and ability to sell them in a sense. I am going every day because there has to be a point at which x store sells what they have and it seems it was from saturday to any day now.

And they are usually locked up and the key thing wasn't an exaggeration. How stores handle their keys and or where they lock or don't lock up such items will all be different and why at times it can be impossible for associates to sell them.

Ask for the Coach that oversees electronics if there is a problem. They can consult their corporate playbook if there is a question on policy/proceedure, but yeah.....it can be a mess with who knows what because comunication can be very poor at times....

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
See you in the coil whine thread.
Lol mine is quiet so far.

Congrats! What game(s) are you going to try out first? I think the showcase game is Demon's Souls, but if you are not into that type of game, I think Days Gone at 60fps and Ghost of T. at 60fps are very good. AC Valhalla is another great looking game as well and runs at 60fps. Lot's to choose, but a lot of great games that are BC that got 60fps boost are great.

Right now I'm downloading a bunch of my PS4 games just to play them with improved performance. I'll probably mostly play Demon's Souls for a while though.

Thanks man. Hopefully you get to celebrate soon too.