• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CKDexterHaven

Nov 26, 2017
Just got my notification my delayed Best Buy PS5 is ready for pickup. Guess they finally got caught up on some of their shipping and curbside. It was originally for the 27th and had been delayed to the 4th and then 25th with the possibility of cancellation. Hope the wait is not too long.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Go check your wal marts asap, rumor was mostly accurate for me at least and they had 2 (I was 3rd) waiting outside. Any wal mart that has them should likely be selling or was already selling. These are the ones that were sold online but they apparently stopped the sale and let the over flow be sold in stores.

We also found out that associates bought them in our nearest wal mart so my friend missed out there.

They also had one X.

Last edited:

Stanicle

Oct 27, 2017
My best buy order was delayed yesterday. Woke up to a its ready email. As others have stated they are most likely just playing catch up. Dont lose hope if you are also delayed.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
So after having played some Spiderman Remastered on my new PS5... I have already received crashes in fidelity mode (which I'm finding is happening to a lot of people). The crashes haven't happened in performance mode at all! Which tells me that the unit is running too hot when using ray-tracing. This thing needs a patch to increase fan speeds... I get people wanting it to be quiet, but I really don't feel like this thing keeps itself cool enough under any sort of graphical strain.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
No game has crashed on me more than Demons Souls, and there's no ray tracing in it. I just think the OS wasn't remotely close to being ready for launch. So until it is, expect crashes.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Go check your wal marts asap, rumor was mostly accurate for me at least and they had 2 (I was 3rd) waiting outside. Any wal mart that has them should likely be selling or was already selling. These are the ones that were sold online but they apparently stopped the sale and let the over flow be sold in stores.

We also found out that associates bought them in our nearest wal mart so my friend missed out there.

They also had one X.
mine says 6+ on brickseek, not sure if worth the effort lol

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
mine says 6+ on brickseek, not sure if worth the effort lol

I just drove 30 min to a Walmart with 6+ in stock on brickseek, and they won't sell them. They said they are for online sales only and they won't be putting consoles on the shelves until after Christmas. So I guess YMMV on whether they will sell them in stores.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I just drove 30 min to a Walmart with 6+ in stock on brickseek, and they won't sell them. They said they are for online sales only and they won't be putting consoles on the shelves until after Christmas. So I guess YMMV on whether they will sell them in stores.
The store selling them directly is the exception and not the rule given that Walmart's own stated policy is no direct sales on consoles.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I figure will happen if I go. My walmart is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to, so i'll just pass for now. Still hoping I can get one before ratchet and clank come out

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
The store selling them directly is the exception and not the rule given that Walmart's own stated policy is no direct sales on consoles.

Yep. Stopped at a second store on the way home. They said all their stock was sold online and they're holding on to all of it until they're picked up. They heard of no communication from corporate that they can release unsold stock to the floor.

Funny enough, while I was there asking, someone called the store and asked the same thing. I got the sense I was the first person to ask, the caller was the second. It's going to be a long, annoying day for those workers God bless them.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Another store we went to had 44 according to the store lead at wal-mart but they said they didn't have any to sell (we were there 2 hours late) and he said they were all gone but we aren't sure on that part as the employees all had different ideas to the aspects of selling them .

Hard to say since rumors to go to wal-mart were already out before most of them opened and is still going to be hit or miss it seems.

He did tell us they were all gone though but I do not think pick up orders have happened yet.

Anyone of you that got your online orders to work, what are your current pick up dates and has anything changed yet?

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

My order now changed to, 'We'll try to get it Read For Pickup By December 25th'. Yeah, I'm canceling this. No consumer good is worth getting up to use the bathroom, then checking for an email for the next 3-4 hours.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone of you that got your online orders to work, what are your current pick up dates and has anything changed yet?
Still just says "Preparing order" and "Ready by Dec 2nd". At the rate they're going, I'm starting to believe they're just going to wait until that day instead of even attempting to let us have them earlier than that, even if the stores have plenty of them just sitting there waiting for us.

Dec 2 naturally being the only day next week that I'm stuck at the office all day. Bastards.

Mthomas

Oct 31, 2017
After my BB order got delayed from the pickup date yesterday I received my ready for pickup notification this morning. Things might just be delayed there so don't lose hope.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Still just says "Preparing order" and "Ready by Dec 2nd". At the rate they're going, I'm starting to believe they're just going to wait until that day instead of even attempting to let us have them earlier than that, even if the stores have plenty of them just sitting there waiting for us.

Dec 2 naturally being the only day next week that I'm stuck at the office all day. Bastards.
Yep, 2 people bought them today and they are letting you guys wait. I think the guy at the last store we went to lied to us since he said they were all picked up, made no sense to me.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
2 people? From Bestbuy? It shows OOS on their site, my order was delayed and then cancelled.
Wal Mart is selling their ps5s and Xbox's that weren't ordered online. I saw 2 guys in front of me get 2 and then I left since I was 3rd.

Some stores may still assume all stock is sold from the online sale but it may not be and they still won't sell it, so some stores will have to wait til they figure out when to let it go apparently.

The last store we went to said they had 44 and said they were all gone/out the door etc but he lied about that since they didn't even give the pick up status to people yet and everyone wouldn't rush to get it in the two hours since they opened.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
My Walmart order just changed to ready for pickup today!
My 11/25 Walmart order is also ready today. I told myself I wouldn't believe it until it was ready, and now I still won't believe it until I go get it and they give it to me.
*checks email*

sQ6pm7D.gif

(That's aimed at Wal-Mart, not you guys.. lol)

Last edited:

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wal Mart is selling their ps5s and Xbox's that weren't ordered online. I saw 2 guys in front of me get 2 and then I left since I was 3rd.

Some stores may still assume all stock is sold from the online sale but it may not be and they still won't sell it, so some stores will have to wait til they figure out when to let it go apparently.

The last store we went to said they had 44 and said they were all gone/out the door etc but he lied about that since they didn't even give the pick up status to people yet and everyone wouldn't rush to get it in the two hours since they opened.

I'll go to Walmart now to try. What state is your Walmart?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Hitting up some walmarts today guys in search of a series x. If I see any ps5s Ill grab one for somebody here

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've got to go pickup some diapers for the grand baby today so I'll do that at Walmart to see if I can hit the lotto.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Brickseed says all the Walmart's near me have "limited supply." Is that basically saying the stores 99% don't have any PS5's? Is it worth driving around to check?

Last edited:

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Brickseed says all the Walmart's best me have "limited supply." Is that basically saying the stores 99% don't have any PS5's?
They're definitely doing something. One of the local stores that showed "limited stock" yesterday now shows "out of stock" today. But the store my pickup order is at is still showing "6+".

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
Best Buy sent me an email last night saying my ps5 is ready to be picked up today after getting the delay message Friday night when it was originally supposed to be picked up. So if you have a delay message on your order hopefully this news will ease your pain. Just be patient.

Oct 28, 2017
My Walmart order is still on preparing without a tracking code. I am somewhat wanting to try to walk into a Walmart and see if they have a PS5