• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bones

Dec 5, 2018
Bestbuy pickup order for series x placed on nov 22, original pickup day Friday 27th. Got delayed email instead that day, just checked order and auto cancel day was moved from dec 4th to dec 25.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here got experience with Wal-Mart pick ups? Currently, my Series X is still on "preparing for pick up by December 2nd" which it was when I bought it 3 days ago, but the little "progress bar" for it has gone up. Should I expect to pick it up Wedensday, or can it be earlier? Asking because that day is slightly awkward for me to pick it up, may have to prep things in advance.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So why is Best Buy doing this delay/might cancel rigamorole!? I might ACTUALLY be angry enough to never do business with them again if they cancel the order 2 weeks out from it's purchase date. Mine hasn't been delayed yet, but I'm expecting it (supposed to arrive on Sunday)... Like how do you oversell, not realize you oversold, and then make a mf wait TWO weeks before they find out they're not getting their order and you're refunding them!? Like what is that garbage? That is how you lose customers... I'm sure they'll be fine without me, but I wish I could do something to recoup my time and money being held up for so long.
Yeah, I'm fine with a delay because it's a busy time in the middle of a pandemic. I get they might get backed up shipping/unloading/getting it to customers and they might not really know that until , but adding that they'll cancel if it's delayed past next week is such a shitty thing to do with this product.

It is probably in place because most of the time if there's no restocks in a week despite an open order, there'll never be a restock, but it's obvious with the PS5 there's going to be way more restocks, but is lagging getting orders filled right now.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
All that worrying about Best Buy for nothing. I have my PS5 now, and I can rest. I really do wish you all goodluck on your journey to get one of these dang things... you have my empathy, and my best wishes!

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here got experience with Wal-Mart pick ups? Currently, my Series X is still on "preparing for pick up by December 2nd" which it was when I bought it 3 days ago, but the little "progress bar" for it has gone up. Should I expect to pick it up Wedensday, or can it be earlier? Asking because that day is slightly awkward for me to pick it up, may have to prep things in advance.
They'll hold it for up to 4 days after

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Best Buy is definetly sketchy rn, like i said yesterday the battle isnt over until you literally have it in your hands.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
One of my wal-marts said they don't have any and didn't get any (feel they are lying) and the other said they have 10 and will possibly sell the ones that aren't taken tomorrow.

It's going to be store by store basis but I would start checking today, tomorrow etc

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Bestbuy pickup order for series x placed on nov 22, original pickup day Friday 27th. Got delayed email instead that day, just checked order and auto cancel day was moved from dec 4th to dec 25.
My delayed Best Buy order of Sekiro and Dragon Ball Kakerot still says it will cancel on Dec 4th, so looks like they might be just pushing it out for consoles. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign for the console delays.

My PS5 order got charged to my bank account today and it still says preparing for pickup today, so hopefully that means I'm good? Has anyone still got delayed after being charged?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm puzzled as to why if Walmart has the units in store already for in-store pickup, why we have to wait days for them -.-
Yeah, that's where I'm at. The order's been in for three days now, and the store I selected for pickup has shown stock the entire time. So why haven't I gotten a "Your order is ready for pickup" notification yet? Are they intentionally waiting until the long holiday weekend (i.e. the perfect time to hook up and play a new system) is over?

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I checked my credit card and it looks like Best Buy charged and then cancelled the charge today, but I'm still waiting for an official update.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I checked my credit card and it looks like Best Buy charged and then cancelled the charge today, but I'm still waiting for an official update.

My delayed Best Buy order of Sekiro and Dragon Ball Kakerot still says it will cancel on Dec 4th, so looks like they might be just pushing it out for consoles. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign for the console delays.

My PS5 order got charged to my bank account today and it still says preparing for pickup today, so hopefully that means I'm good? Has anyone still got delayed after being charged?

That's an authorization charge. According to my call with their CS department today it means your order is just about ready, and they're checking to make sure you have the funds to pay for it in full. They will charge you for real when you pick it up. That seemed to be fully correct based on my experience today.

Also, interestingly... if you don't have enough in your account when they do that charge, they auto cancel your order.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
That's an authorization charge. According to my call with their CS department today it means your order is just about ready, and they're checking to make sure you have the funds to pay for it in full. They will charge you for real when you pick it up. That seemed to be fully correct based on my experience today.

Also, interestingly... if you don't have enough in your account when they do that charge, they auto cancel your order.
Thanks, I know they usually do that for preorders, but I didn't realize they do that on the day of before pick up. Finger crossed.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So did everyone's with the delay change to December 25th? I'm hoping that's their way of letting us to into a backorder position if necessary, but much more so I'm hoping it's a genetic update to everyone and that I still might get it soon.

I wish I could've just ignored this PS5 shit the past two weeks are god damned insane.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
How thirsty are people on Nowinstock for the PS5 compared to the Series S/X?

PS5
2GSmCIu.png

Series S/X
DKWQKnp.png

Guys, it's bad. It's real bad.

coopolon

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed it looks like Gamestop messed up the Digital Edition bundle I ordered yesterday. It was supposed to come with a year ps+ subscription and $100 PSN gift card. When I look at the order it says I have 2 year ps+ codes and no gift card. I haven't redeemed the codes yet to see if one is misnamed but feeling like this whole thing is going to be a nightmare, guess I'll start working on it now even if I won't get the console for a few weeks probably.

Edit:
Oh shit, the picture isn't accurate to the contents. Here's the link. The picture clearly shows a ps+ membership and a $100 gift card but when you look under contents it does show 2 ps+ years.

Edit 2: It's pretty messed up. The pricing on the bundle is $645 which makes sense with $400 (console) + $70 (extra controller) + $30 (media controller) + $100 (gift card) + $45 (PS+ 12 month). With 2 PS+ codes and no $100 gift card they're scalping by charging more than the individual parts are worth, even if the PS+ are at $60.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The thing is with the series S is that I really do want to use my 4K TV now that I have one. I'm sure it's a decent system.

I'd prefer the PS5 but I would have no problem with the Xbox Series X. I have to go back to school as a teacher Monday and I'll have no time for all this waiting. Really sucks.

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone here successfully returned any non-digital items from their a GameStop bundles? Going to give it a shot, but just curious if this will be easy or not.

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Oh wow, same here. Considering it had to be approved through my bank app and the order was completed until today's delay that seems... weird? Do they usually not charge until the item is picked up? But then J2 Cool has been charged...

I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean anything both mine and my sons Series X's had fallen off my debit card as pending charges but once I picked up my Series X on Wednesday they charged me for mine.

My son just picked his up. We ordered same day but he got the order delayed email Friday but I got charged for his today and he got his pickup notification about 20 minutes ago.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Thanks Kohls for honoring the kohl's cash, although they didn't have to. Went on a mini shopping spree buying toys for the kids.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is with the series S is that I really do want to use my 4K TV now that I have one. I'm sure it's a decent system.

I'd prefer the PS5 but I would have no problem with the Xbox Series X. I have to go back to school as a teacher Monday and I'll have no time for all this waiting. Really sucks.
Honestly, just settle with picking up a PS5 on Spring Break. Yea it blows but by that point we should be able to just waltz into any electronics store and grab one off the shelf. I wouldn't settle for a system you know you don't really want.

Oct 31, 2017
If my Best Buy order has moved the progress bar forward only once, still only says "Preparing for pickup tomorrow", but won't allow me to make pickup changes or cancel, I should be in the clear right?

My order tracker had that single update earlier in the week, but nothing else has changed since. I hope I can pick it up tomorrow with no issues.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
If my Best Buy order has moved the progress bar forward only once, still only says "Preparing for pickup tomorrow", but won't allow me to make pickup changes or cancel, I should be in the clear right?

My order tracker had that single update earlier in the week, but nothing else has changed since. I hope I can pick it up tomorrow with no issues.
I don't think it will update to "delayed" until the store closes tomorrow for you, if it is delayed. Seems like probably a better chance than not it won't get delayed, but who knows.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Walmart still tells me it's coming on the 3rd but FedEx tells me it'll be here by the end of the day tomorrow. Here's hoping.

cametall

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Walmart would update the in-store pickups. I wonder if they were directed to wait on fulfilling those orders. I'm being impatient though, it's an insane time of the year for all retail.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I curious of people who have purchased their consoles with best buy. Was it through the retail's website or their app? Which was more effective for you? I assuming most people utilized apple pay on the app store to make that quick purchase.. I may need to do that in the future

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
My heart hurts a little knowing that ppl that bought the XSX today have been able to pick it up already while mine that i ordered weeks ago is gonna get delayed.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
I curious of people who have purchased their consoles with best buy. Was it through the retail's website or their app? Which was more effective for you? I assuming most people utilized apple pay on the app store to make that quick purchase.. I may need to do that in the future
Apple pay didn't work for me through the app when it required a verification code to proceed with checkout. Were people able to get around it?

Oct 27, 2017
I had it open on both phone and PC and the add to cart updated on PC first. I was already signed in and had my CC info saved. Still had to wait like 20 minutes in the queue though as the site was getting hammered. I think I was luckier than most though.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So people on reddit have said to call 1-888-BEST-BUY for order status to find out where it is in transit. Calling it out just says "your order is being prepared." I don't know what that means lol. Is it being prepared at the store, at the warehouse...?