• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
58ht.gif

Nov 2, 2017
Wish I had the spare money for this. I'm wasting it all on an autograph from one of my favorite voice actors next month.

At least I don't have to deal with the stress this is causing some of y'all.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
So my brother in law was supposed to get his Series X tomorrow at Best Buy but instead got a notification it was ready a day early so he got it today. What is going on with BB?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This is worse than those spur of the moment press conferences that were supposed to redeem your favorite consoles.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
To be fair, the 9pm drop was listed on a Yahoo article that the official Walmart Twitter account retweeted, so it's not like this just came out of nowhere. But yeah, I think this would have been the first time they randomly dropped some stock without a previous announcement of a time.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So my brother in law was supposed to get his Series X tomorrow at Best Buy but instead got a notification it was ready a day early so he got it today. What is going on with BB?
A lot of people had that happen. Those of us hit with delays don't know if it's because of issues related to workforce delays (not enough workers to do all their picks), transit (either in receiving but unable to be unloaded, or yet to have shipped to location), or overselling, or... anything.

The last two weeks have really made me detest how retailers communicate to customers. Of course I had about 15 years in retail before this, so I already truly hated the industry lol...

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the 9pm drop was listed on a Yahoo article that the official Walmart Twitter account retweeted, so it's not like this just came out of nowhere. But yeah, I think this would have been the first time they randomly dropped some stock without a previous announcement of a time.
To be fair, releasing without announcing it beforehand would be the smart thing to do to help keep scalpers away. The console will sell out regardless of if you announce the date ahead of time or not.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, we're spending our Thanksgiving weekends madly refreshing websites for the privilege of paying $500-800 for a console that has barely a speck of original content on it.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017

Same Best Buy as where yours was delayed or different? Given that all the Best Buy orders were for in store pickup the delays could be entirely location dependent.