• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Gamestop tracking just updated on my 11/24 bundle. In transit expecting it on Sunday from FedEx. Finally some movement on shipping. It's been stuck on label created for days now. Kinda nerve wracking lol

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Unfortunately the retro game market now lacks mint games and if you happen to find one they are selling at 3 and 5000 dollars, Even saw a new NES contra sell for around 23,000 this year so I don't know if I can do what I love for much longer with retro games. Between impossible to ever find and if it ever comes up being the same as price as a car makes this a hobby that is losing it's possibilities.

Retro games will hold value, current consoles and basically anything disc based absolutely will not.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Really hope more of you guys get this, it has been a rough journey for me that mercifully ended today going and making the trek out after the 5am best buy luck purchase. If you can get it anyway besides fedex you gotta do it, mentioned it before but they lost my Day 1 Target preorder and i refuse to give up with that. That includes in store pickup.

I hope Best Buy does it again, they made an effort system wise to give people a chance unlike Gamestop and Walmart. Same with Sony Direct. It's 2020, stop with the bundles and having people click on add 20x.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately the retro game market now lacks mint games and if you happen to find one they are selling at 3 and 5000 dollars, Even saw a new NES contra sell for around 23,000 this year so I don't know if I can do what I love for much longer with retro games. Between impossible to ever find and if it ever comes up being the same as price as a car makes this a hobby that is losing it's possibilities.

Yeah, unfortunately you got to pick your battles on the collecting game most especially retro ones. That breaks bank

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
5 hours until Best Buy closes. They haven't gotten to it in the first 12 hours, but... fuck, please, someone receive your truck T_T

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Everything becomes retro one day. Just have to wait for this generation to grow up and get income and chase their past like every generation does.
The systems will hold more value for those who may want to look at it that way, but yeah the games are selling for cheaper than ever when you look at disc based ps4. Maybe some of the rare ones can go up if new and sealed and yeah it will likely be a different perspective on ps5 in 15-20 years, hard to say for sure of course.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I saw on brickseek that there over 6 Xbox Series X at my local Walmart. How reliable is brickseek?
These seem to be the ones already sold for whatever reason. According to my local store they sold around 32 of them from the website, and I have no idea how since we saw very few here get one from Wal-Mart.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Everything becomes retro one day. Just have to wait for this generation to grow up and get income and chase their past like every generation does.

I'm sorry no they absolutely will not. Ps1 games are aged significantly. Nes, snes, and genesis games at the same age were already way more valuable on the whole. The fact of the matter is there are way more units mass produced, way more ports and whatnot, and for the most part disc based games for whatever reason rarely gold the same type of value.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I'm sorry no they absolutely will not. Ps1 games are aged significantly. Nes, snes, and genesis games at the same age were already way more valuable on the whole. The fact of the matter is there are way more units mass produced, way more ports and whatnot, and for the most part disc based games for whatever reason rarely gold the same type of value.
What's crazy though are games that were big sellers like Tomb Raider selling for 1000's new now. The second and third games don't but yeah some of them are extreme.

Sorry to get his off topic, so we can just go back for trying to get ps5's for all. I know most people are coming here looking for links but yeah really made me feel bad that others thought I was gloating, in the end all of it is just stuff and it's the people that really matter in my heart.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Part of me is about ready to accept my fate and drive 8 hours and 500 miles round trip to a Colorado to pick up the PS5 I accidentally bought (S/O to BestBuy for not letting me order for in-store pick up to a SINGLE store in my State).

I just have not had any luck getting a single system from any of these recent drops. I just really want to cop one so I can cancel and refund my money from the BestBuy purchase and NOT have to drive 8 hours for a system...
Man if I was you I'd do it. Sounds kind of fun.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Part of me is about ready to accept my fate and drive 8 hours and 500 miles round trip to a Colorado to pick up the PS5 I accidentally bought (S/O to BestBuy for not letting me order for in-store pick up to a SINGLE store in my State).

I just have not had any luck getting a single system from any of these recent drops. I just really want to cop one so I can cancel and refund my money from the BestBuy purchase and NOT have to drive 8 hours for a system...

I'd do that in a heartbeat if it means getting your PS5 in a day. That's faster than overnight shipping.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Their BBB details tell you enough that it's for sure sketch.

BBB File Opened:11/23/2020
Business Started:11/24/2020
Business Started Locally:11/24/2020
Accredited Since:11/24/2020

Their other "business" was formed this year too and has some pretty fake client testimonials on its page. Even if they are real and it's truly a small mid-west company, there is no way they are going to get enough to fill their orders.

Here is their apparent business address if you want to judge for yourself:
7641 Greenfield Ave
Mounds View, MN 55112

Looks like a random apartment. Their linked in page for their slightly older business has no connections and uses a picture of a Series X for its logo.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their other "business" was formed this year too and has some pretty fake client testimonials on its page. Even if they are real and it's truly a small mid-west company, there is no way they are going to get enough to fill their orders.
They also shouldn't be getting any consoles. No way for little shops to get these systems w/o flipping them. Only Big stores should be getting them.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
You guys have to give new startup companies a chance to grow.

We started with one copy of Assassin's Creed Valhalla in our inventory and have now grown to the largest Planestation 5 distributor in the middle northern west coast.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
that was some fuckery. it was my turn when there wasn't stock, it was my turn when there was stock, and it was my turn when that stock dried up. literally at the front of the queue for the rise and fall.
I was literally in the page for about an hour across multiple different tabs and they all slowly kicked me off.

WE WOULD HAVE A PS5 RIGHT NOW IF THEY DIDN'T FUCK UP THE FIRST QUEUE

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The Computer Mill Guarantee: We will never delay your order. We will have your money right away.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm jealous of people able to pick up their order. Not sure why delivery was my only option for Walmart. I also got a call from my cousin who wanted to check out in store since Brickseek said every store got at least 6 but they told him they never had any to begin with. I don't get that.

I've been dying to replay the entire series starting from Demon's Souls all on the PS5 for the best performance, and with it not coming till next week I have barely any desire to even touch my PS4 anymore. I feel for anyone who still isn't able to get one. I still refresh Target and Best Buy every now and then just in case. With Target saying it's pick up only I thought it'd be a good bet, but it doesn't look like they're even participating in Black Friday.

I dont think brickseek or popfindr are necessarily representative, of, anything really