• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I really can't make up my mind on whether or not I'll be happy with the Digital Edition. I pretty much never buy discs, but I still think I want the option. I suspect at the end of the day, whatever PS5 I can get is one I'll be happy with.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Feel a bit bad that people took it that way or that it was in a way that made it look like I care or didn't care based on having it or not. I had no intention to try and say or mean that it is always easy just that the time I tried with GS that the order went through without any issues. I do not assume or try to say that it will always be that way as every assortment likely has a wide range of stock.

All I can say is I apologize if it seemed my intentions were in any way negative. I can assure you they weren't.
No one is saying that you were intending to be dismissive. You just were. You even acknowledge that there is a big luck factor. So why suggest that GS is the easiest of the retailers and that you don't have to try so hard with them?

Jul 14, 2018
How do you find the bundles through the GameStop app? Every time someone says "the secret is incognito mode..." or whatever that just means their lucky roll was while they were using that method, but as long as people are claiming the apps are the way to go, I would like to be prepared for the next time.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I really can't make up my mind on whether or not I'll be happy with the Digital Edition. I pretty much never buy discs, but I still think I want the option. I suspect at the end of the day, whatever PS5 I can get is one I'll be happy with.

Do you want to borrow physical games from your friends? That's how I justified a disc purchase; most of my friends have PS4s and I'm going to borrow their PS4 exclusives since I skipped PS4. I plan on doing the same for PS5; I ain't buying anything except for God of War and borrowing the rest.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I mean it's 2020. We all want to own our discs but in the end it's all online. I would have to make some adjustments since my bandwidth is capped but that's a small sacrifice if I could just find one.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel a bit bad that people took it that way or that it was in a way that made it look like I care or didn't care based on having it or not. I had no intention to try and say or mean that it is always easy just that the time I tried with GS that the order went through without any issues. I do not assume or try to say that it will always be that way as every assortment likely has a wide range of stock.

All I can say is I apologize if it seemed my intentions were in any way negative. I can assure you they weren't.

You can do digital now then if ps5 pro comes out, you can get the disc version.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
How do you find the bundles through the GameStop app? Every time someone says "the secret is incognito mode..." or whatever that just means their lucky roll was while they were using that method, but as long as people are claiming the apps are the way to go, I would like to be prepared for the next time.

Yeah, whenever I use the GameStop app I only see the Digital Edition which is always OOS because they're selling bundles exclusively.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
The same reason people come back to let everyone who didn't get one know that they did. Readers interpretation of what I mean by that.

Just scored my tenth (eleventh? Lol!) PS5 with almost a sense of pure tranquility, I know some of you are struggling to get one, but big time brofist to get you through these difficult times. Just thought I'd touch base and pass on the love.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this. I borrowed yakuza 1 from a friend last month. It was my first time putting a disc in. But if I couldn't have, I never gotten to play and eventually obsessed with this series. Had my ps4 for years but it wasn't till now that I borrowed something. Was it worth it all this time for this one series? ...kinda..

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Like I have no idea why these retailers wouldn't at least do a drop or two for their "preferred" customers? Like Best Buy for their My Best Buy members, Gamestop for their PowerUp folks, PS Direct for PS Plus members...They do it for other product pricing and promotions i.e., Prime Day, early BF access, etc.). That would at least curb the scalpers a bit...

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just scored my tenth (eleventh? Lol!) PS5 with almost a sense of pure tranquility, I know some of you are struggling to get one, but big time brofist to get you through these difficult times. Just thought I'd touch base and pass on the love.
This is so close to real posts I had to check your post history before openly saying nasty stuff lol

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Like I have no idea why these retailers wouldn't at least do a drop or two for their "preferred" customers? Like Best Buy for their My Best Buy members, Gamestop for their PowerUp folks, PS Direct for PS Plus members...They do it for other product pricing and promotions i.e., Prime Day, early BF access, etc.). That would at least curb the scalpers a bit...

That's a pretty fair idea. I still think they'd get bought up but at least it'd take out a lot of bots and scalpers using multiple accounts.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Do you want to borrow physical games from your friends? That's how I justified a disc purchase; most of my friends have PS4s and I'm going to borrow their PS4 exclusives since I skipped PS4. I plan on doing the same for PS5; I ain't buying anything except for God of War and borrowing the rest.
I'm an old old man of 38. All of my friends moved away or died! At the end of the day, I'm all digital on PC and on the Switch, so I guess it's not a big deal to go that route with the PS5.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I ultimately went with disc (well, at least in theory for the moment) for second-hand and discounts which most likely won't happen for a while on PSN.

I could also see myself taking advantage of GameFly in the interim waiting for prices to come down.

All I need now is the fucking console.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Damn I'm okay with a bundle.
The Black Friday bundle is actually pretty reasonable - I already have an extra controller and Miles, but I can just return those. COD isn't really my jam but whatever, I enjoy it from time to time. The gift cards/membership are just money.

It's just a steep asking price upfront. Also they still won't let me buy it :(

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
No one is saying that you were intending to be dismissive. You just were. You even acknowledge that there is a big luck factor. So why suggest that GS is the easiest of the retailers and that you don't have to try so hard with them?
I apologize for the way I said it, it may have been better for more people here before compared to today's drop.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Are they doing what they did before where you don't have to buy everything in the bundle?

I remember something wehre if you didn't want an item they deducted it from the price when you picked it up with the last bundle.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
sQR3SC1.png

Quinton fought to the death for his PS5 but he didn't come out the winner. I'm so sorry. RIP

tenor.gif

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Black Friday bundle is actually pretty reasonable - I already have an extra controller and Miles, but I can just return those. COD isn't really my jam but whatever, I enjoy it from time to time. The gift cards/membership are just money.

It's just a steep asking price upfront. Also they still won't let me buy it :(

Same. I couldn't buy it at all.

And surprisingly Best Buy or Target is no show today

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me about it. I finally hit best buy elite plus this year and they didn't even give a head start this year on black friday deals. It also says it gives you free expedited shipping, but it's the same exact shipping I got without it also.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Tell me about it. I finally hit best buy elite plus this year and they didn't even give a head start this year on black friday deals. It also says it gives you free expedited shipping, but it's the same exact shipping I got without it also.

Yeah, there's been absolutely no incentive to be a Best Buy user this year.

Anyway, I'm going to stare at the wall in the shower.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Well this is pointless to keep refreshing at this point... time for dinner. I'll keep my eyes peeled for (hopefully) more drops through the night...

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Same I have been an elite plus for a while (Even when I was an employee). Really surprised I didn't get a heads up at all and that they're a no show so far for black friday. I expected something at midnight.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
You can do digital now then if ps5 pro comes out, you can get the disc version.
I am trying to collect all the consoles I like new in box and not just the PS5. I am trying to get the Digital and Disc editions new in box and I just like them mint, I know it's for sure a bit of an issue with some of us who collect games.

I did think about this a lot since they are so hard to get and the condition you get is very random and impossible to choose but I am not sure when they may switch over from the current launch model box and that is a lot of what I collect in systems right now.

I will for sure get the pro version though and I am still hunting a lot of old consoles as well as most of them are even harder to get than ps5 in a near mint condition..

I really hope that you guys accept the apology from before and understand I am for all of you who want one to get it soon and I'll still be there trying to get them for others I know as well until I just get too tired or busy.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am trying to collect all the consoles I like new in box and not just the PS5. I am trying to get the Digital and Disc editions new in box and I just like them mint, I know it's for sure a bit of an issue with some of us who collect games.

I did think about this a lot since they are so hard to get and the condition you get is very random and impossible to choose.

I will for sure get the pro version though and I am still hunting a lot of old consoles as well as most of them are even harder to get than ps5 in a near mint condition..

I really hope that you guys accept the apology from before and understand I am for all of you who want one to get it soon and I'll still be there trying to get them for others I know as well until I just get too tired or busy.

I know how you feel. I collect chogokins and mint in box are awesome. End of the day as long as we get one that's all it matters.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I know how you feel. I collect chogokins and mint in box are awesome. End of the day as long as we get one that's all it matters.
Unfortunately the retro game market now lacks mint games and if you happen to find one they are selling at 3 and 5000 dollars, Even saw a new NES contra sell for around 23,000 this year so I don't know if I can do what I love for much longer with retro games. Between impossible to ever find and if it ever comes up being the same as price as a car makes this a hobby that is losing it's possibilities.