• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Part of me is about ready to accept my fate and drive 8 hours and 500 miles round trip to a Colorado to pick up the PS5 I accidentally bought (S/O to BestBuy for not letting me order for in-store pick up to a SINGLE store in my State).

I just have not had any luck getting a single system from any of these recent drops. I just really want to cop one so I can cancel and refund my money from the BestBuy purchase and NOT have to drive 8 hours for a system...

T-Money

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
at this point i feel like if i did secure one it would be dumb to not try and flip it. i was just on OfferUp and people are selling them for $1,000 minimum...

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Part of me is about ready to accept my fate and drive 8 hours and 500 miles round trip to a Colorado to pick up the PS5 I accidentally bought (S/O to BestBuy for not letting me order for in-store pick up to a SINGLE store in my State).

I just have not had any luck getting a single system from any of these recent drops. I just really want to cop one so I can cancel and refund my money from the BestBuy purchase and NOT have to drive 8 hours for a system...
That sucks man. At least you'd have good scenery for your drive or part of your drive I guess depending on where you're going to Colorado from. I love Colorado. Seeing and being in the mountains after being a Midwesterner your whole life is something else.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Well I've been whole trying for the better part of two weeks to get one for my son for Christmas, and despite losing endless amounts of sleep staying up for random drops and wasting hours hitting F5, I'm still searching. Forgive me for being salty but your anecdotal hot take isn't really appreciated.

If it was easy, this thread wouldn't be 352 pages. Some people are just kind of heartless or delusional.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, everyone is happy that you got your bundles, but the appropriate etiquette is good luck. Stop telling other people how easy it was and you don't understand why others are having trouble.

We're having trouble because this broken-as-shit software being overrun by scalpers.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I was literally hit the add to cart the moment it appeared just now and it's preventing me. It's impossible to get on GS.

Jun 10, 2018
I'd say keep an eye out for another Best Buy drop (hopefully on Cyber Monday for people still looking). That was the easiest way for me, though it was still a little glitchy (PS5 and Series X were up for like 45 minutes each). But they did seem to prevent bots from grabbing up a lot of stock.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to add it to my cart just for shit's and giggles and GS can't even do that part right. I'd be going nuts right now if I was gonna buy the bundle.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017

I would go pick it up if I were you. They are worth way to much money not to go.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Add To Cart is back for the BF bundle but clicking it doesn't do anything anymore, I don't even get the message to wait a few minutes for more inventory...

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I think GS banned me for clicking the "add to cart" button too much. I'm getting a Access Denied on every page on gamestop.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
If it was easy, this thread wouldn't be 352 pages. Some people are just kind of heartless or delusional.
Not cool to assume people are being mean/heartless or delusional and I have been in this thread almost every day. And everyone who ordered through the last best buy drop said it was the easiest one they have tried so far along with being up for an hour, so please do not act like every drop has been impossible.

I did get a digital version to keep boxed in my collection 2 GS drops ago and then I got one to change out with my other one that had a messed up box and giving that one to a friend from the GS drop before this one. They were both the easiest I have did and I have tried almost every drop so I do feel compared to wal-mart and a few others than GS at least had a real chance and was easier without bots ripping through the orders.

This still boils down to x amount of consoles versus x amount of buyers and it will always boil down to timing and luck of the draw. I am sure many find PS direct easy but I find it completely random and luck based and never been close on that one.

I can understand being annoyed and tired as I have also failed dozens of times and still can't get them for others who need them. I still try and do it for others.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Not cool to assume people are being mean/heartless or delusional and I have been in this thread almost every day. And everyone who ordered through the last best buy drop said it was the easiest one they have tried so far along with being up for an hour, so please do not act like every drop has been impossible.

I did get a digital version to keep boxed in my collection 2 GS drops ago and then I got one to change out with my other one that had a messed up box and giving that one to a friend from the GS drop before this one. They were both the easiest I have did and I have tried almost every drop so I do feel compared to wal-mart and a few others than GS at least had a real chance and was easier without bots ripping through the orders.

That's all fine, but the truth is that a lot of us are getting in on these drops right on the second when they happen. Then we're experiencing 5 solid minutes of errors while others are like "Yah I got one, that was so easy guys."

No one should make someone feel bad for getting one but the situation for the majority of us is not being exaggerated.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017

This still boils down to x amount of consoles versus x amount of buyers and it will always boil down to timing and luck of the draw. I am sure many find PS direct easy but I find it completely random and luck based and never been close on that one.
Don't assume it's easy and only requires half-effort when everyone is saying otherwise.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
That's all fine, but the truth is that a lot of us are getting in on these drops right on the second when they happen. Then we're experiencing 5 solid minutes of errors while others are like "Yah I got one, that was so easy guys."

No one should make someone feel bad for getting one but the situation for the majority of us is not being exaggerated.
Everyone speaks from their perspective, we should all understand that. While it isn't always the most accurate or best way to talk, it's just part of how we learned to talk.

I would say that today was likely much harder than the previous GS drops if you want to point to some logic on it. As for the previous drops there were multiple people in here who had it and decided not to go through with it cause it was a bundle.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017

I can understand being annoyed and tired as I have also failed dozens of times and still can't get them for others who need them. I still try and do it for others.

Those first two words in that long post. Take a look at them. They perfectly describe your post, and the other person was right to call you out on it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

In the time it takes you to maybe find a system you could likely pick it up and be back home.

if you have a system locked up might as well get it even though it's very far away you can be at peace knowing you don't have to worry about looking for stock anymore

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lol easy. You just got the console that's why you're saying that. Why are you still here anyway?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Everyone speaks from their perspective, we should all understand that. While it isn't always the most accurate or best way to talk, it's just part of how we learned to talk.

I would say that today was likely much harder than the previous GS drops if you want to point to some logic on it. As for the previous drops there were multiple people in here who had it and decided not to go through with it cause it was a bundle.

Oof you're digging yourself deeper here. Not everyone talks from purely their own perspective, they consider other experiences. What you're doing is a classic case of "if I did it I don't understand why you can't" even if that's not your intention.

Lunzio

Oct 28, 2017
Let's refocus on the point of the thread: those that don't have one and want one :)

Haven't heard a peep from major retailers today other than GS. Hopefully more to come!

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Lol easy. You just got the console that's why you're saying that. Why are you still here anyway?
Feel a bit bad that people took it that way or that it was in a way that made it look like I care or didn't care based on having it or not. I had no intention to try and say or mean that it is always easy just that the time I tried with GS that the order went through without any issues. I do not assume or try to say that it will always be that way as every assortment likely has a wide range of stock.

All I can say is I apologize if it seemed my intentions were in any way negative. I can assure you they weren't.