• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Just drove by wal mart and saw around 50 in line and decided even if they had them I wouldn't get it and not standing in a line for whatever they are selling.

Above how did you check when they aren't open?

I don't get why my super small town was packed at GS and Wal Mart, must be a region thing.

GS had at least 12 when I drove by yesterday at 6pm

Jun 10, 2018
I was until Walmart shit on my plans

They're telling a ton of people that they're only for the ones sold online.
Just left Walmart and no they are not selling them in-store.
Just came back from Wal-Mart as well. Not a very big line, but the employees waited over a half hour before coming out and saying that if anyone was there for a PS5 or Series X that they were online only. May be a regional thing so YMMV.

Someone in the line said he came from GameStop at 3am EST and there were twelve people camped out in a living room type of setup (for 8 consoles).

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Just came back from Wal-Mart as well. Not a very big line, but the employees waited over a half hour before coming out and saying that if anyone was there for a PS5 or Series X that they were online only. May be a regional thing so YMMV.

Someone in the line said he came from GameStop at 3am EST and there were twelve people camped out in a living room type of setup (for 8 consoles).

Had pretty much the same experience. I was first in a line of about 20-25 people and about 30 minutes ago an employee came out and said they no consoles for sale. And that PS 5 were online only.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alot of walmart cs people saying consoles will be online at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
At this point I just hope best buy/amazon can do another drop and save me from the embarrassment of wal-mart.

Sony Direct is also a huge joke that I am not sure I'll try anymore.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
My best buy order is still on preparing for pickup, the actual pickup date is on the 28th so i'm started to get worried.

The bar has not moved much since i ordered it.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Don't worry about it. Mine hadn't moved all week, until today (the actual pick up date) to tell me it's ready.
They open in 38 minutes and mine still says preparing. I only slept for an hour because of my anxiousness and it's going to be really disappointing if it doesn't change to ready soon lol.

Edit: 32 minutes? Fuck I'm tired lol.

Nov 15, 2020
Woke up at 5AM, checked my Meijer queue, saw I was five minutes away... got in, they had it in stock (!!) but the site isn't letting me add to cart, and is now invalidating my queue and sending me to the back of the line. So frustratingly close!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Well it's past 5am, my order from best buy is still preparing for... today? I don't really want to bother employees calling in, and am not willing to go into the store itself, so I'm just waiting and hoping this changes soon lol. I don't know how long my patience will last before I'm calling them like yo where's my playstation though.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Well it's past 5am, my order from best buy is still preparing for... today? I don't really want to bother employees calling in, and am not willing to go into the store itself, so I'm just waiting and hoping this changes soon lol. I don't know how long my patience will last before I'm calling them like yo where's my playstation though.

Get some rest and check around noon again.

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I'm officially done trying until this becomes readily available. Can't take this amount of disappointment for over 2 weeks. Thanks for the company y'all and Godspeed.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I went to Gamestop at 2 in the morning to scout it out.

10 people in line for 2 PS5s in stocks. I don't know if they know how the maths gonna play out...

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really expected an Amazon wave to drop early today. Guess there's still time but they've been absent from this nightmare for a while now

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Debating if I want to leave and try my mall for PS5 Digital. It's about 2 minutes away, and I work in the mall so I can sneak in through a locked entrance. I know GameStop has 4 PS5's, and I know the Mall kicks everyone one when locked, so no one should be inside right now.

Don't think it'll hurt to stop by, try, and see. If there's somehow a big line, just dip back home and sleep.

Moonlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 24, 2019
Wow my Meijer order is already ready for pickup, was worried it'd be another Kohl's situation with how many orders I saw posted online

Oct 28, 2017
Just talked to someone at Meijer, they said they think they saw my name on the order list, but they have to go check and call me back, but she said she was 90% sure it was my name. Getting closer!

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I'm at GameStop waiting in line(just to use a gift card on GPU) and I have seen 3 people coming out with a PS5 and that was it. Sold out.

Popfindr was accurate so don't even bother.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who got a Gamestop bundle order on the 23rd in see any updates yet? I've got a shipping label from FedEx and a follow up email on the 25th saying the items were "preparing to ship" with a delivery estimate of Saturday yet I dont see any movement today and I'd suspect it would have to ship out soon to have any chance of being here tomorrow.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Anyone who got a Gamestop bundle order on the 23rd in see any updates yet? I've got a shipping label from FedEx and a follow up email on the 25th saying the items were "preparing to ship" with a delivery estimate of Saturday yet I dont see any movement today and I'd suspect it would have to ship out soon to have any chance of being here tomorrow.

Fedex delivery estimates are garbage. Ignore them until it is out for delivery.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Since I was up, I decided to swing by my local gamestop and see if there was a line. There were at least 30 people waiting outside at 6:45.

Best of luck to them.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart still says preparing order and I haven't been charged.

You may want to look into that. I preordered on the first wave back in Sept 16th with Walmart and never saw any movement. Finally looked up my paypal transaction and it was listed as "canceled". Not trying to discourage you or Doompost but having Walmart orders in limbo has happened to multiple folks in this thread. If you never got a holding charge you may want to look into that.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Got a text from my brother at 4:37am saying he got one "ordered" from being in line at a Walmart... Crazy!

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My BestBuy order was supposed to be ready for pickup today, i got a notification saying is taking longer than expected to get my order ready, last time this happened was when i ordered the iPhone X a few years back and the order got cancelled by the end of the day. I hope it doesn't happen with this one.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Local news interviewing a family that got a PS5. They camped out at GameStop for 2 days. Hunted around for a GameStop without a line. I couldn't do that lmao. It's too much.

Any news of confirmed drop times online?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
You may want to look into that. I preordered on the first wave back in Sept 16th with Walmart and never saw any movement. Finally looked up my paypal transaction and it was listed as "canceled". Not trying to discourage you or Doompost but having Walmart orders in limbo has happened to multiple folks in this thread. If you never got a holding charge you may want to look into that.
I chatted with someone and they said it's in que and is set to ship December 1st. I guess no PS5 for me this weekend but at least it's coming.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Wal-Mart seems super slow especially if you have it shipped to store. I ordered 2 days ago and it still says preparing but they still got my money. I think the blue bar moved a little? I don't expect it to move till something in the weekend/monday since it isn't being expected to pickup till dec 2nd.

ACH1LL3US

Aug 6, 2020
So checked with many Walmarts that show on Brickseek there is 6 plus units, none have any in the store and said they never did get them...