• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
let it load, it took awhile, the sites going really, really slow. but be ready on escape.

It's annoying when you miss though because the queue throw is pretty fast.

edit: a direct link to the product page btw gives the option for going into a queue, so they have all of the direct hotlinks blocked atm thats why you can't directly link it.

WHATS DOUBLE WEIRD, NO TAXES WERE TAKEN FOR THE PURCHASE AT CHECKOUT............
You don't get charged until you pick it up. Then they apply the tax. You should have a $4.95 holding fee.

ijm72

Oct 27, 2017
let it load, it took awhile, the sites going really, really slow. but be ready on escape.

It's annoying when you miss though because the queue throw is pretty fast.

edit: a direct link to the product page btw gives the option for going into a queue, so they have all of the direct hotlinks blocked atm thats why you can't directly link it.

WHATS DOUBLE WEIRD, NO TAXES WERE TAKEN FOR THE PURCHASE AT CHECKOUT............
I clicked on the link and it loads for a while before eventually saying 0 products found.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I got zero items too. Where is the filter supposed to be?

I hit it within one second of the page loading too.

Did it two more times. Both times hit escape as it was loading...

:(

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
lol, "games console" now redirects to the queue page.

Edit: Maybe not. This website is jacked.

Edit 2: Yep, defo redirects.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the line shrunk tremendously. Went from 420k to 120k.

Progress!

EDIT: I was able to plug in different numbers into that original string and find a different PS5 search that simply said sold out.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Am I being too paranoid/cynical?
I'm scheduled to pickup in like 5 hours. How are they making sure specific locations have stock?

Also - my order didn't have any taxes charged. And it says "Estimated total".
I literally spend over a thousand bucks a month at Meijer but never ordered pick-up or online.
I've probably spent over a hundred thousand bucks at Meijer in my life, but I've never been more unsure about a purchase before lol.

Do other people's order confirmations look similar to mine?
B6oGdIs.png

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Am I being too paranoid/cynical?
I'm scheduled to pickup in like 5 hours. How are they making sure specific locations have stock?

Also - my order didn't have any taxes charged. And it says "Estimated total".
I literally spend over a thousand bucks a month at Meijer but never ordered pick-up or online.
I've probably spent over a hundred thousand bucks at Meijer in my life, but I've never been more unsure about a purchase before lol.

Do other people's order confirmations look similar to mine?
B6oGdIs.png

already explained, taxes are not added till pickup. You should be good, mine looks EXACTLY the same. You should have a $4.95 hold for pickup

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yes, they redirected it then and are probably changing the link. I'll keep searching for you guys, at least 1 other got it here.

It is what it is, but thanks for the effort regardless. I may get up at 4 tomorrow and hit a Gamestop near me. LA has a curfew and I checked at 945 and there was no line near my GS. Going to guess that will change.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
what finally worked for you?
My steps.
1. Install ublock origin, go to settings, my filters, add
||meijer.queue-it.net^$script,domain=playstation.com

2. go to https://www.meijer.com/shop/en/video-games-consoles/c/L2-10233

3. Sort by highest price first. Disc PS5 was first on the list.

4. Add to cart. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory.

Edit: Crap, the first result is now Switch. I think they are closing these down as soon as people discover them.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Woke up to use the bathroom, checked my phone, and my Best Buy got bumped up and is now ready to pick up today....
tenor.gif
Mine is supposed to be picked up today but still just says it's preparing. I was hoping to get it at 5 am but am becoming increasingly concerned.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

ijm72

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the PS5 is finally out of stock at meijer. Was finally able to find it using the search link that someone posted earlier but when I tried to add it to cart it said it was out of stock. I then tried refreshing the link and the PS5 no longer shows up.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Amazon and Target have been out of stock since launch

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry man. Looks like they're closing them down as people find the backdoors, or they really are finally out of stock.

seeing a lot of pictures showing out of stock.

But im still wondering why the queue is paused. I'm wondering if they are closing backdoors while making it so you can't purchase any and then continue the queue.

either we are almost two hours into this foray and i cannot fathom being over 10,000 in that line. I was at 5k and that shit took forever and got locked at like 400

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been periodically checking Target/Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon - nothing.

It's depressing that in 2020 our options for purchasing new consoles are exponentially worse than they were last gen. That's before you factor in a pandemic and bots.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still going to take a shot at it. For a brief while Brickseek said there was stock and after Wednesday's fiasco I doubt anyone in my tiny ass town scored one. Nothing to lose by trying other than some sleep.