• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
As someone who tries to get sneakers but could never get them due to bots. It's been fascinating watching bots spill over to electronics now.

Just a note: these stores don't care. They want their cut no matter what. It's been going on with sneakers for many years and many don't give two shits

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who tries to get sneakers but could never get them due to bots. It's been fascinating watching bots spill over to electronics now.

Just a note: these stores don't care. They want their cut no matter what. It's been going on with sneakers for many years and many don't give two shits

IT's been going on with Funko pops and action figures for a bit now too. And you're right these stores don't care. People should not expect them to change anything.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK

While you're most definitely right (capitalism and all that) I do think there's something to be said with mainstream electronics have a bigger marketing impact than sneakers which are considerably more niche.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I live less than 2 minutes from a Walmart and get home at 5 am anyway so I might as well give it a shot lol.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I still expect wal mart to get decent traffic for all items upon opening, gonna be a line and it's going to suck if they do have ps5s (probably will miss it due to said line and people running)

Dean

Oct 27, 2017
58780 in front of me in one browser, and 52570 in another browser. Well that was a big waste of time.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Of course, here's the real dumb thing. How many of those users are bots, how many are just here for the hype, how many are actually in the area that the store is in? This is fun.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Of course, here's the real dumb thing. How many of those users are bots, how many are just here for the hype, how many are actually in the area that the store is in? This is fun.

think that sucks is..........its 15 miutes per person........which means if they find out they can't grab it.........we have to wait the whole damn 15 minutes before the next person is allowed in the max capacity

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
Lol thought Meijers was my best shot since I actually have one 5 or so minutes away from me but there's nearly 30k people ahead of me.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely zero chance. People will make a 100+ mile trip for these.

The one time when I thought living in bumblefuck would help.

Another two hours wasted. Really fun.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Yeah, people shouldn't give up just yet. There's gonna be a lot of people/bots unable to really place an order. I mean, I guess some bots might have a system in place to follow through on in-store pickup, but hopefully that extra layer of inconvenience will knock many of them out.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
What if they are sold online on wal mart at 5 and half of you run to the store stumbling