• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
As long as it's the last during a pandemic, it will be.

Why would it be? They've lost zero sales from this. It keeps them in the news for the whole cycle, they don't care if it's a bot or a person as long as the money is good, and anyone that didn't get one will end up getting one in the next few months anyway.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Well, for what it's worth, im still in my exact same position as when I initially posed the question. Unless Meijers has 300k PS5s, or 300k Meijers customers are shopping for something else, this is kind of a fool's errand.

Demand has people desperate. I drove by a Gamestop yesterday and there were a good dozen or so people waiting for 40+ hours for the chance to maybe buy a system.

Pillville

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Why would it be? They've lost zero sales from this. It keeps them in the news for the whole cycle, they don't care if it's a bot or a person as long as the money is good, and anyone that didn't get one will end up getting one in the next few months anyway.

Demand is higher during a pandemic, and inventory sent to physical store is less during pandemic.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I can almost 100% be for sure that most, like 80% of people in the line do not know it's for pickup and have to have a store near them

Oct 27, 2017
I want to say it feels inconsiderate that this keeps getting delayed, but it is also inconsiderate of folks who are causing this to be delayed by being scalpers.

This sucks...

Aeson

Jan 4, 2018

I'm sure Sony cares. But then again, people's memories are short, so I'm sure it will be business as usual next gen.

Oct 28, 2017
Remember too, its all randomized once it starts. So everyone has the same chance no matter when you got there. So somebody is going to get a PS5 that really wants it, but some others will get it to flip.

Pillville

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

"The site traffic is a lot more then we anticipated"

What the hell did you anticipate? You had a count down, and a queue, and you've seen what's been happening at other stores.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019

Other people have been told by Walmart directly they will have stock. Who knows? Gonna take a chance on it myself.
Yeah, probably gonna head there at 4 if nothing pops up online, it will probably end up selling at 5am online only and I'll be completely out of chance on it.

Oct 25, 2017

"The site traffic is a lot more then we anticipated"

What the hell did you anticipate? You had a count down, and a queue, and you've seen what's been happening at other stores.

No store is going to be ready for 300k people all slamming at their site at one time.

If they opened it up right now bots would get everything as none of us would be able to get through.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
What time does Mandalorian normally drop? I'm struggling sitting here looking at a timer keep resetting.

Aeson

Jan 4, 2018

Other people have been told by Walmart directly they will have stock. Who knows? Gonna take a chance on it myself.

People were also told by Walmart directly that last night they would be doing drops every 30 mins until midnight. That shit didn't happen. But it's not my time, so I wish you the best.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
damn, Walmart fixed the backend shortcut I discovered. It was probably getting hit too hard. Props to their platform devs fixing it at this time of night.. although I assume they aren't in the USA

edit: nm, they just yoinked the consoles from the site entirely.