• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So Meijers PS5 page says you need to be a "mPerks" member to buy, yet when I click the link it takes me to a "Updating we'll be back soon" message?

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Would love scalpers to get caught holding the bag here. Would help in future releases as well if scalpers don't make much off this one.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue has not yet begun. When Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue begins, you will be assigned a random place in line (alongside everyone else who also arrives before Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue begins).

after your queue's people this is what you will be greeted with when you get to the product page lol

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
im aiming for a co-workers kid. Already got mine, the digital one made its way safely to the winner of the paint contest and the 3rd one got sold peacefully for MSRP to a friend.

So this is number 4 im actually aiming for............again, the more i grab the less scalpers make money.

That's cool of you to share your shopping skillz. If I had family and friends interested, I'd do the same.
I got EXTREMELY lucky and I mean EXTREMELY, and got a PS5 at Costco online. Woke up, got my phone and went right to the page and it was for sale. Was SHOCKED. It was meant to be for me and it was only the 3rd time buying a PS system after only owning the PS4 briefly at launch and then selling it and owning the PS2 back in the day. So now I have a bunch of PS4 games I can check out with my two young sons! Gonna be a fun Xmas.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I do not think anyone selling a ps5 for 7 to 800 would have any issue at all

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Where do you see that? I don't have that.

Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue
Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue has not yet begun. When Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue begins, you will be assigned a random place in line (alongside everyone else who also arrives before Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue begins).

What is this?

The event will begin at: 11:00:00 PM CST

04 Minutes 43 Seconds

Status last updated: 10:55:11 PM CST

sorry, would take to long to post a picture

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah seeing scalpers get hosed, especially those who sucked up large quantities expecting easy flips from thirsty gamers, is definitely satisfying.

Oct 27, 2017
Meijer PS5 Shopping Queue

What is this?

The event will begin at: 11:00:00 PM CST

04 Minutes 43 Seconds

Status last updated: 10:55:11 PM CST

sorry, would take to long to post a picture

Are you out of the queue? Because I am and that's nowhere.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah seeing scalpers get hosed, especially those who sucked up large quantities expecting easy flips from thirsty gamers, is definitely satisfying.

Ebay > Auction > Ending Soonest has multiple systems with bids over $900. I would say the market is still alive and well, and will be until after December. That Christmas panic is going to be real this year

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are about to be let down with Meijer. It being pick up only and the store only being in like 5 States is gonna have some pissed people lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt Walmart is dropping, all the the other times the product page would have the time listed, now it just says out of stock

Oct 31, 2017
Ebay > Auction > Ending Soonest has multiple systems with bids over $900. I would say the market is still alive and well, and will be until after December. That Christmas panic is going to be real this year
Oh I'm sure there's still going to be plenty of success for scalpers, probably more success than failure honestly considering how high demand is. Any kind of moral victory over them should be savored though is all.

I got incredibly lucky to get one at MSRP and no forced bundling, but I really think people shouldn't pay over MSRP for any console, scalping or forced bundling. Bundles of course are less bad depending, but I've seen some pretty bad bundle options that people definitely should have avoided too.

I just wonder how long it'll be until the supply meets the demand. Definitely feel incredibly lucky for snagging one as I did this soon.

Oct 27, 2017
So this has essentially been: get in line to get into another line, that you will randomly be placed in.

....As annoying as this, at least it lessens the likelihood of bots/scalpers?

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
This sucks.

So if they're not doing anything for walk ins, how are we supposed to get a console at Walmart?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So this has essentially been: get in line to get into another line, that you will randomly be placed in.

....As annoying as this, at least it lessens the likelihood of bots/scalpers?

meijer didn't have a product page setup..........so this makes it really hard it seems for them to get it via automation from the standard scalper crowd. Would have to have a pretty sophisticated bot to do this.