• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
Why do I not have a queue?? And I wonder how many people are in the queue that don't even have a Meijers in their state..

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
My thinking a few days ago was that each drop it would become easier to get a PS5 since more and more people got one. However, now I'm thinking way more people are trying then there were back two weeks ago since we're getting closer to Christmas.

Oct 28, 2017
47 minute wait in line, 50,000 people in front of me, PS5 goes on sale in 1hour and 10 minutes. lol. This is going to be the biggest cluster ever. I bet this Meijer shit makes Walmart.com look like a serviceable online shopping website.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
Looks like the Gamestops near me have some stock.

Are they opening at an unusual time or do I just gotta go in the morning?

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine stopping by Meijer.com tonight just wanting some Bed Sheets and a desk lamp. You go to their site and you are thrown into an hour plus line. I bet Meijer is losing a ton of money right now because of this. People aren't going to wait in that line for some Black Friday/Thanksgiving deals.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
So if 100k are in front of me and that is at the time we can assume sites like walmart/amazon are getting well over 2 or 3 million in a 30 min. time frame

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people are trying to get on Meijer not realizing how they're only in six states and it's pickup only.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't I have a queue on meijer? Am I just already in? Guess I'll keep refreshing so I don't time out?

I have been signed on there since like 6pm

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna demand Publix Pharmacy gives me a PS5. I'll go grab a sub and eat it suspiciously while they scramble for consoles.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
So why is there hope for a wal mart restock at 12 est? Their ad clearly mentions the Xbox/PS5 on the Wednesday drop which already happened

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
My thinking a few days ago was that each drop it would become easier to get a PS5 since more and more people got one. However, now I'm thinking way more people are trying then there were back two weeks ago since we're getting closer to Christmas.

I think the demand is just that insane. I know a bunch of people who live near from me that I wouldn't even really consider hardcore gamers who have been trying to get one since launch.

Add that plus bots and we have the nightmare we have now.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie if Hertz was doing a rent-a-sportscar/get a ps5 deal for $1k for a one-day rental I'd do it and I have my own fucking car and nowhere to go.

Or how about if AMC rented out a theater and gave you a PS5 and you could game on the projector for a couple hours for $1k. I mean shit aren't they renting out entire theaters for like $100 bucks?

Lot's of missed marketing opportunities.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
Question: When it goes up for Walmart, will it be pickup only? And how do we make sure it identifies the correct store?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Who is ready to get fucked by Deer and Best Buy's wheel of weird ass stock time.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Seeing more and more people camping out overnight for the minimum 2 PS5's at GameStop is crazy but hats off to them for going all out.
The only time I camped out was for a Wii pre order and I started at 4 am to 12 pm

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine stopping by Meijer.com tonight just wanting some Bed Sheets and a desk lamp. You go to their site and you are thrown into an hour plus line. I bet Meijer is losing a ton of money right now because of this. People aren't going to wait in that line for some Black Friday/Thanksgiving deals.
Yeah that's the insane part to me, if I were at Meijer HQ I'd be steaming. People need to learn how to read, they aren't shipping PS5s out.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that's the insane part to me, if I were at Meijer HQ I'd be steaming. People need to learn how to read, they aren't shipping PS5s out.

It is crazy. But the day of launch I think, Targets everywhere had them for In store pickup, then had them for shipping. Stores around me had 40, for in store pickup, and it sold out in like 20 seconds. Gone! This happened for everyone. So despite these being pickup only, they will be gone in seconds too. Its definitely crazy.

And Meijer HQ right now is pacing, steady pacing.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
My estimated wait-time on Meijer puts me in just 10 minutes past 12. This is really going to suck, isn't it?