• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Did you also only get a delivery option? I was looking for pick up but I didn't see it so I got scared and just stuck with delivery.
I was able to pick in-store pickup. I had already set up "my store" in the system before they went live, maybe that made a difference? That store also has stock.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
FedEx is teasing me for my PS5. Someone please help me temper my expectations (sad lol):

"Nov 26th: On vehicle for delivery." (via FedEx app)

"Scheduled delivery Nov 27th by end of day" (FedEx website)

I imagine the former is inaccurate since today is Thanksgiving?

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Are there any truths at all that wal mart will have the surprise ps5s at 5am in store for sale?

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Alright, guess it's time we all ask whoever we know that works in electronics at wal mart to get the answer

Oct 31, 2017
With meijers being pick up, I think it's legit. Just got a dualsense charging station. Also use website, their app is constantly crashing.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Is the next online stock at walmart expected at midnight ET or are they selling online today as well?

Oct 25, 2017
Do I trust Walmart to have stock in store....no
Do I want to go to Walmart and wait in line at 5am (earlier lets be honest) on BF....no

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't do it myself. Too dangerous in a pandemic and you know people are probably lining up today for it already.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
It's been awhile for Target putting online inventory up. I think the last time for Xbox and PS5 were the night before they launched. Amazon hasn't done anything notable. They're both due. Only question is if it will be BF or CM.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, brickseek shows 6+ at every Walmart around me now but I just don't trust it and I'm not going there at 4am, etc. to lineup.
You'd have to be there much earlier than 4am. People are going to be lining up by this afternoon at the latest and how these things go is a scalper family of a bunch of people all go at once and usually buy all the consoles since each person in the family buys one to comply with the one per customer rule.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
You may have a reasonable chance of getting one in-store if your state has a curfew (assuming it'll be enforced). However, you'd be in risk of extracting Covid if a crowd turns up.

The whole situation is completely inane.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
It's either a secret they will sell them in store or something. Someone I know in electronics says they won't have them tomorrow but retail employees seem to get loyal to the store they work at for whatever reason. Wal-Mart does fire people over petty things, so there's that as well.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to keep refreshing walmart cause it ends up asking me to do the captcha. I wish I could at least know when and what site to be prepared for.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Other than pre-orders, Amazon has been sitting next gen out. They barely even have peripherals. They don't even let scalpers sell there.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
With Sony Direct, how quick have they been shipping stuff out after you secure an order? I got one through Sony last night. Not expecting any movement today, but maybe it'll ship Friday and I'll get it early next week?

Just bought Miles and Ghost of Tsushima, which I held off playing on PS4. Can't wait!

Oct 28, 2017
I want to buy Demons Souls but for some reason I don't believe my order from Walmart will be fulfilled... I am too paranoid lol. It says it will get here Dec 2

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I want to buy Demons Souls but for some reason I don't believe my order from Walmart will be fulfilled... I am too paranoid lol. It says it will get here Dec 2
Yeah I see the same for my PS5 and then just out of curiosity checked Demon's Souls and it said the same thing despite 2 day shipping. Maybe it's a placeholder? Or they don't ship today on thanksgiving or the weekend which would make the two days Friday and Monday. I don't freaking know.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With Sony Direct, how quick have they been shipping stuff out after you secure an order? I got one through Sony last night. Not expecting any movement today, but maybe it'll ship Friday and I'll get it early next week?

Just bought Miles and Ghost of Tsushima, which I held off playing on PS4. Can't wait!
I placed an order on Thursday, was shipped on Friday and received on Saturday. This was with standard shipping.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I placed an order on Thursday, was shipped on Friday and received on Saturday. This was with standard shipping.
That's awesome. I selected the free express shipping. So if I get it early next week, that's great. I truly gave up hope of securing a PS5 until next year. I happened to see a Wario64 tweet and got super lucky, and now I'll have a PS5 very soon. Just clicked the tweet, and sat staring at my google chrome browser on my phone for over an hour until I somehow was able to buy one. Feels good to beat the bots, but at the same time I feel it was just totally random/I got lucky.