• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

44tiger

Oct 31, 2019
Mine got through at 8:39. Just kept hitting add to cart and it finally added and had no problems checking out

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
My best guess is the reason why these are going back up is because they are monitoring the transactions on the back end to determine if they are resellers and probably cancelled those orders. That is what I would have done. Having worked in ecommerice fruad for newegg back in the day, that is precisely what we did.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I pressed place order and it told me my Xbox Series X was out of stock. MOTHERFUCKING BASTARDS
this is what i was telling the other guy, this is how terrible walmart does these things yyou could literally be placing the order and hitting the place order button but that item may aswell be on the shelf you found it on because it's been sold while you are literally buying it

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
Added a X to my cart, got through checkout and to review my order, nothing. Tried to complete the order like 30 times, then finally they snatched it out of my cart smh.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Keeping checking. There may be a chance they are adding stock back by canceling orders of multiple bot orders

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll buy one of the PS5s from that guy who said it was easy. Or anyone for that matter. Sick of this shit

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
The disc one says that "this and more deals will be available soon" so i think they are adding more stock randomly to give people more chances of getting one past the bots.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Had PS5 in card. Was in process of clicking "Place order". In another tab saw xss in stock. Added it the cart thinking it would be limit of one unique item per account.

It fucking replaced PS5 in the cart and now it is gone. There is no such thing as too much luck. LOL!

EDIT: Based on others' similar issue, it could just be coincident. Well, it is gone from cart now.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
In the same boat as others here.

Got to the checkout phase with the PS5 in cart, but fails at at the final "Place Order" step. After today, I think I'm done until general availability.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I'll buy one of the PS5s from that guy who said it was easy. Or anyone for that matter. Sick of this shit
I was lucky. I redacted my statement.

Although I guess with every console being sold online it probably is more difficult than prior gens. I recall waking up early to stand in line at Toys R Us to get a Wii and it was well known that they would have some for sale every Sunday morning, but some people just weren't willing to stand in line. With every console now being sold online and with bots it's a shit show.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Because i am constantly terrified of getting order canceled. Preparing order should last till later tonight or tomorrow right? Assuming they are shipping them out within an hour of buying. I can't believe i finally got it to add to cart.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
those that got one are you from the west coast? because none of the time i've added it to my cart it gave me the option to pick up from store.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Because i am constantly terrified of getting order canceled. Preparing order should last till later tonight or tomorrow right? Assuming they are shipping them out within an hour of buying. I can't believe i finally got it to add to cart.
I'd you are talking about Walmart. Don't really have to worry. They will ship it. Worse thing is a delayed shipment of anything.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
lol, so I added it to my cart at Walmart at 8 CST, and when to my cart...it was there! I hit checkout and...then it said I had no items in my cart. Then got stuck on the Oh Deer page and never got anything else for 2-3 minutes so I quit.

Apparently it's true, never quit! Can't believe I missed out. I mean, I have a PS5 already, just trying to snag one for my brother for Christmas.

This is fucking impossible, lol.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone accidentally get any extra somehow? Will buy one off you. Really trying to get a friends ps5 for christmas.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
so i should keep trying at walmart? Was able to put digital on my cart but they took it out.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
The closer you get, the more frustrating it is. A moment ago it said there were only two left in stock at a location a few miles from my house. I got all the way through to the "Place Order" button and then it disappeared. Bollocks.

Oct 27, 2017
Had PS5 in card. Was in process of clicking "Place order". In another tab saw xss in stock. Added it the cart thinking it would be limit of one unique item per account.

It fucking replaced PS5 in the cart and now it is gone. There is no such thing as too much luck. LOL!

EDIT: Based on others' similar issue, it could just be coincident. Well, it is gone from cart now.
tumblr_neec7hdR981rwq84jo1_400.gifv

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
If I have both in my cart, is it bad to keep them there. Will it stop me from checking out one if the other goes out of stock during the place order process?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
so i guess im not gonna get any gaming time in tonight on my ps5 trying to get another ps5 for a friend.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
It just removed the OOS item from your cart I believe
But let's say I get to the theoretical place order with both of them there, but one of them goes out of stock. Would you confirm the order or go back to checkout. With the way these things stay in cart, it makes me worried about failing on a potential successful attempt over that.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Nov 1, 2017
I managed to get a PS5 for a friend of mine. The trick for me is simply hitting back every time they told me it was Out of Stock at checkout. It keeps the item in your cart. Eventually, after many many tries, it let me complete the purchase.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting! But I guess why would Walmart (or even Newegg) care about scalpers? A sale is a sale. Although I guess it could give them bad press, but from what you said it sounds like they would need an actual human to review transactions? Would they go through that hassle and cost?

Yes the team I was on manually reviewed each transaction. If it was a bulk sale on a hot item like a new console, we would immediately flag them and review. Usually those accounts were fraudulent. Though, the legitimate resellers were not "stopped" so much as slowed down and offered b2b services.

Electro15

Oct 7, 2018
I managed to get a PS5 for a friend of mine. The trick for me is simply hitting back every time they told me it was Out of Stock at checkout. It keeps the item in your cart. Eventually, after many many tries, it let me complete the purchase.

I tried this many times and everytime told me OOS. Did it until just remove the PS5 out of my cart completely