• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charade

Oct 25, 2017
Saw digital in stock for a second but was gone before I could add to my cart. Now both say "Out of Stock" for me

genericbrand

Oct 28, 2017
Got a Series X. Just a moment ago. Said it was out of stock. Pulled down to refresh in app again and it added to cart and no issues getting to the end. Now awaiting potential cancellation email

CadobaDelta

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
Think I just snagged one @ 6:15. That drop at the bottom of the hour just seemed to go out too fast. Got the confirmation e-mail and everything.

Fingers are crossed.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Holy shit when my walmart order went through... I'm embarrassed to say how hard my heart was suddenly pounding.

It says order will be ready in 3-7 days. I feel there's like a 75% chance it will be cancelled before then.

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to snag the Series X via the mobile app (seriously seems like the way to go, fuck the desktop site and the nonstop captchas). Gonna make the kid's Christmas a good one.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like more stock went up. The add to cart button came back for me and let me add but not check out. My brother had one is his cart from the first round and was able to place an order for shipping when I saw the button again.

I was only trying to get one for him so at least I can stop trying now :)

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
aPwLyqo.png
Are you for real? I think you are a bot!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I seriously don't get why companies like Sony just don't copy Apple with their queue/backorder system. Apple figured this out years ago.
It's not that easy. Doesn't apple handle the distribution and delivery for their entire supply? Even those that are sold through Verizon's website? I don't think any company, especially one that only releases a new console every few years, to come up with the system for that.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't get why companies like Sony just don't copy Apple with their queue/backorder system. Apple figured this out years ago.
Sony has no supply.

Apple figured out the supply but it took a few years.

The supply is pathetic compared to demand. Sony probably needs like 5 million just for US. I bet they are not going to release much more than a million.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Scapler bots got walmart stock again, if you were able to get one hope you are happy, but willing to bet the majority went to scalper

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I've been wondering if wal mart has a surprise come in and get it stock, no idea at this point

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Series X at Walmart. Crazy, kind of stumbled on this stock drop while looking for presents for my kids. Now I have the X and Ps5, I'm good.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I thought nobody was allowed to do store pick ups? Wtf is going on?
It let me select during checkout whether I wanted it shipped or for local pickup.

Are we sure this is local stock? Everybody seems to be getting pickup dates for December 2nd.
It doesn't say "on" Dec 2, it says "by" Dec 2. The original estimate was "pickup in 3-7 days", and 7 days from today is Dec 2. Simple math, and most likely a placeholder for any order put in this week.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I got one for my friends son at cost. He's ecstatic, works out because I can just hand it over to him and no UPS truck is going to stop by let his son know. His son has been told he's not getting one because they're sold out everywhere so he will be none the wiser.

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe this'll make me sound too salty but these accounts that notify drop alerts spam tweets with "so and so is a PS5 owner" and like.... does anybody at all actually give a fuck? Seriously help me understand.
These accounts use affiliate links so when you click it and buy something they get a cut of that sale. One way to get people to follow you is to show that using your links works and makes you more money.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't never buying your Great Value Tropical Trail Mix ever again, Walmart. And you know how far me and that Tropical Mix go back girl, you know this but I cannot support you anymore. I'm cutting you outta my life.

Blocking yo ass.

Jun 10, 2018
I thought nobody was allowed to do store pick ups? Wtf is going on?
They've done in-store pickups before. But it's odd that people would be getting pickup dates for next week if they were indeed local stock. Last week a Wal-Mart employee told me they'd have stock in-store for Black Friday and that they open at 5am and it's first come first served. So not sure if you can walk into a Wal-Mart on Friday and pick one up or not.