• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those curious. Around the time Wario posted, I opened 5 different instances. Edge, Firefox, Firefox incognito, Chrome, Chrome incognito. About 4 of them got to the point where it said "It is your turn!" The Edge and Chrome ones got through to the store page when it was out of stock, and eventually threw me back into the queue.

The 2 instances (Firefox and Chrome) that said it was my turn just stayed that way, occasionally prompting me to press the "OK" button to be taken to the store page.

The PS5s went in stock, and after getting frustrated just spamming refresh on all the windows, eventually the Firefox tab that said "It is your turn" took me to the store page and I was able to order. I wasn't even remotely ready to order with Firefox though. I had plenty of time to sign in without any autofill, put in my 2-step verification from SMS, pull my wallet out, put my payment info and shipping address in, etc...

So I guess if they do it like this again, it definitely benefits you the most to have gotten in early and for some of your windows to stay stuck on that "It is your turn" page. That's probably the absolute best thing that can happen.

Vic Tokai

Aug 9, 2018
Fuck yes, after being stuck at "It's your turn" since 7:14pm EST, it FINALLY loaded me in to the store a minute ago, and I FINALLY GOT ONE AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING AND DOZENS OF ATTEMPTS AT EVERY MAJOR RETAILER. No joke, I am feeling some EMOTIONS right now.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes, after being stuck at "It's your turn" since 7:14pn EST, it FINALLY loaded me in to the store a minute ago, and I FINALLY GOT ONE AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING AND DOZENS OF ATTEMPTS AT EVERY MAJOR RETAILER. No joke, I am feeling some EMOTIONS right now.

Congrats, I know the pain. It definitely feels good to close the book.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Update to the Walmart PS5 page, now says get excited!...for other deals cause you're prob not getting a ps5 lmao *cries*

Lunzio

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to those that got one!

If you can spare a piece of your luck that would be incredibly appreciated :)

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Sucks for those of us that were actually too fast. Supposed to be first in line get it but so many people got fucked.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes, after being stuck at "It's your turn" since 7:14pm EST, it FINALLY loaded me in to the store a minute ago, and I FINALLY GOT ONE AFTER WEEKS OF TRYING AND DOZENS OF ATTEMPTS AT EVERY MAJOR RETAILER. No joke, I am feeling some EMOTIONS right now.

What a fucking joke then. I had "It's your turn" at 6:43 EST and never got in.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh these fucks think they are funny. It finally lets me in from my redirect page immediately after it sells out

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
Every queue Sony lifts my spirits and then proceeds to flings it down into a deep abyss. I'll give Walmart a try but I have no delusions about that...

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darn Sony!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????

WHY?>??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????

I was my turn since 4:11pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Direct is way too much trial and error/luck to really even try anymore. I have never even been close on it and been nearly on time or trying every single time.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Less than 1 hour for the Walmart drop

giphy.gif

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry everybody. I killed like 10 deer in a minute in Valhalla yesterday. WalMart is for the taking!

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was fun...glad to finally get in the store with the queue only to be in too early ha...

Nvidia, AMD and Sony....

You would think one of these multi-billion companies could figure out a way to get their product in the hands of their REAL consumers (and not serving them directly to scalpers) IN A WAY THAT MAKES SENSE AND IS FAIR AND DOESN'T SOME ONE FOR BEING TOO EARLY IN THE LINE TO BU YOUR PRODUCT.

Why can't we just have a pre-order system - I just put down my money and it gets to me when it gets to me.

Everything Sucks

Shinoblee

Oct 28, 2017
After sitting on my turn for more than an hour to let me into the site and even after pressing the pop up like 5 times and still getting nothing, I think I am officially done playing this bullshit of a game. Good luck to all the poor souls who will continue this torturous effort and I would give you my spirit energy but I don't believe that I actually have any left.

Maybe next year Sony....

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
I will say I feel for a lot of you guys here. I was actually trying to get one for my brother tonight, and once we all got sent to over an hour. I had tabs open on my phone, and pc, they never went lower than an hour. For me personally.. I somehow managed to snag one on launch day on walmart, at their third launch window of 6pm ET.

I was apart of Playstation direct's early am launch day sale, and their payment process failed me, and I never got one. Which forced me to try walmart later that same day, and I got lucky. Still Playstation Direct has given me the middle finger every time I have tried, and I have been here for mostly every drop, at the time of the drop. Overall it's very stressful, and I feel for everyone still trying.