• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Is Wario seriously going to itemize every item in the Steam Autumn Sale? I silenced my phone and chucked it across the room to shut it the fuck up.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else hopelessly refreshing a bunch of retailers every few minutes?
tenor.gif

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hopelessly refreshing a bunch of retailers every few minutes?
I've had an auto refresher on Sony's website since Thursday so I don't miss the queue when it goes up. Of course since I started running it they never did another queue lol. Also tried to set an auto clicker up for Microsoft's website for a Xbox Series X I have in cart since people said they had luck randomly ordering, but it keeps erroring out when I try to order and the site makes me sign in again every 10-20 minutes again it seems like.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Is Wario seriously going to itemize every item in the Steam Autumn Sale? I silenced my phone and chucked it across the room to shut it the fuck up.
bruh what are you thinking having sounds on for your twitter notifications when you follow wario lol. just turn sounds off, read the ticker at your leisure. if you're fiending for the next gen console lottery, i'm sure you'll probably pick up your phone and see the notifications before anything hits the market, there's almost always some notice

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my GS bundle to be shipped. Got an email said they were getting it ready so I hope everything is still good.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my email that my system is ready for pick up from my early Sunday Best Buy order! Was supposed to be ready Friday but I guess I can deal.

Seriously though, best of luck to everyone who is still trying to acquire one to actually play or get it for someone who plans on playing the damn thing!!!

Replicant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
If they did that and limited purchases to one per customer, it would put bots on a more-or-less equal footing with regular customers, but it certainly wouldn't stop them.
No, but you would hear a lot more success stories and bots would at least have to make purchases one unit at a time instead of bulk. Larger window for more real people to get in there and grab one.

If these bot people actually had to go and pick them up they wouldn't be able to grab that many from one store. They would be way less likely to even try.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Got my email that my system is ready for pick up from my early Sunday Best Buy order! Was supposed to be ready Friday but I guess I can deal.

Seriously though, best of luck to everyone who is still trying to acquire one to actually play or get it for someone who plans on playing the damn thing!!!
Nice! Me next? Haha I'm hoping before Sunday I have the next four days off.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had an auto refresher on Sony's website since Thursday so I don't miss the queue when it goes up. Of course since I started running it they never did another queue lol. Also tried to set an auto clicker up for Microsoft's website for a Xbox Series X I have in cart since people said they had luck randomly ordering, but it keeps erroring out when I try to order and the site makes me sign in again every 10-20 minutes again it seems like.

how do you do auto refresher and what type of browser are you using?

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California

Glad I'm not the only one dealing with the Xbox situation on Microsoft. 😞

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Still haven't received cancellation email from Kohl's surprise drop. No movement on order either. Shows "In fullfillment".

I kinda wish order is cancelled. Kohl's cashback + base console from somewhere else is even better deal. LOL!

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't received cancellation email from Kohl's surprise drop. No movement on order either. Shows "In fullfillment".

I kinda wish order is cancelled. Kohl's cashback + base console from somewhere else is even better deal. LOL!
In same boat (fortunately it's a console I'm getting for my sister) but yeah no movement at all...make up your mind Kohls!

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mystore app shows a Series X close by. Will Target sell it to me if I go to the store?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
This is the first time that I've checked MyStore for the PS5 and seen 0 in store and 0 online.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of stuff selling out instantly. How are we supposed to compete? I'm sure retailers don't give a shit because they're getting money either way.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tired of stuff selling out instantly. How are we supposed to compete? I'm sure retailers don't give a shit because they're getting money either way.
Problem is, with Covid, and Sony enforcing that no PS5s be sold in stores, you got scalpers with bots.

My Facebook marketplace is littered with folks trying to flip Ps5's at a premium: 500$ Markup on retail.

it doesn't look like they can.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Problem is, with Covid, and Sony enforcing that no PS5s be sold in stores, you a holes with bots.

My Facebook marketplace is littered with folks trying to flip Ps5's at a premium: 500$ Markup on retail.

it doesn't look like they can.

How many of them got bots? Good question.

Probably all of them. When they work, they really work.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason these companies don't just set up a damn captcha and limit it to one order per address per day?

Like if these people want to order 10 PS5s they need to get past the captcha and have ten physical addresses. These are billion dollar corporations. This seems easily solvable, plus good will.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason these companies don't just set up a damn captcha and limit it to one order per address per day?

Like if these people want to order 10 PS5s they need to get past the captcha and have ten physical addresses. These are billion dollar corporations. This seems easily solvable, plus good will.
Bots can bypass captchas and usually rotate addresses by adding things like St, Blvd, etc at the end of street names to bypass 1 per address restrictions. This is basically like a sneaker drop now.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine you could beat bots if you set up a lottery system and then flagged any potential bot activity for review/removal.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks so bad as someone who legitimately tried to buy sneaker drops and these bots made it almost impossible to buy legitimately. The only successful bot prevention I've seen was apparently during the Best Buy 5am drop that required phone verification. Unfortunately I was sleeping during that one.
I'd imagine you could beat bots if you set up a lottery system and then flagged any potential bot activity for review/removal.
Nope, Nike does something similar with the snkrs app and bots were made to use multiple accounts to enter. Same would be done here.