• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Can we not with advocating fraud?
Huh? How is it fraud? People get games and accessories as gifts all the time, that is not fraud. And you are not "gaining" anything from doing this so there should be no morale issues. It is like you did the buy 2 get 1 free at Target and then take that Free game to Wal-Mart for full credit....that to me is morally an issue...where you are taking advantage and making money on the deal.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
tumblr_np7w73qKMO1soti42o1_400.gif

tumblr_np7w73qKMO1soti42o2_400.gif

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Huh? How is it fraud? People get games and accessories as gifts all the time, that is not fraud. And you are not "gaining" anything from doing this so there should be no morale issues. It is like you did the buy 2 get 1 free at Target and then take that Free game to Wal-Mart for full credit....that to me is morally an issue...where you are taking advantage and making money on the deal.
You are giving money to one retailer and stealing from another when you buy at GameStop and return to Target or Wal-Mart. It's called a cross-retailer return and it is fraud.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a XSX order through on the Microsoft Store by clicking 'purchase' for about 2 hours while it was in my cart. I just had it open in my phone and kept tapping until it went through. SO PUMPED

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got it into my cart, and the "Proceed to Checkout" buttons just stopped working.....it would load and then do nothing on the regular checkout button, and if I did PayPal Checkout it harvested my PayPal info and then did nothing. Couldn't get beyond that screen.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
you might be better off in incognito. I think the 3rd party shopper tracker plugins they use are slowing the site up when logged in

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Had it in my cart and wouldn't let me proceed to checkout. Fuck this shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I just got a XSX order through on the Microsoft Store by clicking 'purchase' for about 2 hours while it was in my cart. I just had it open in my phone and kept tapping until it went through. SO PUMPED

You're lucky. Every time I try to checkout I get this error...

Try that again

Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

HeVvzv4Kw0KTu9DP.26

I'm a sad panda 🐼 😞

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
You are giving money to one retailer and stealing from another when you buy at GameStop and return to Target or Wal-Mart. It's called a cross-retailer return and it is fraud.
From my understanding it is not considered cross retailer fraud unless you are making money off of the transaction. But it can be a fine line I suppose.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Honestly these retailers should be embaressed. Not even salty about not getting one I'll get it eventually but wow this is just awful in terms of managing a storefront.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I fucked up by removing the bundle from my cart to have a crack at the other bundles......not that I was having much success Checking Out with the SM/DS bundle anyway though

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I still think this way is better than wal mart, at least it gives some a chance to get it. Obviously only some out of the ones trying will get it regardless.