• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FrozenNote24

Nov 15, 2020
I know people were lining up as early as 4am for target after launch day with it not being know if systems were there. With systems being advertised for Gamestop what time do you feel would be the best to line up? I have a friend wanting to go and I told him likely at least 11:00 pm but that will likely either be too late or too early on a store by store basis.

If you ain't first you're last.....

That's the mentality I'm going with if I do it.

My GF and I have debated this since last Thursday and it's looking more and more likely that we're going to try (we're deciding tomorrow barring an online miracle).

Our plan would be going to GameStop an hour or 2 before them closing Wednesday. We would want to familiarize ourselves with the staff. Ask were it would be appropriate to stand on line and camp it from there forward........

NYC will be the biggest blood bath in the middle of COVID and if we ain't first there isn't a point!

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Stay strong no scalping fellow friends! It would be awesome if these scalpers got stuck with a bunch of consoles they can't sell at marked up prices.

pipe dream but one can dream.
Realistically, unsold stock would be returned before the holiday return period is up. Hopefully end of Dec or early Jan will see more available as they come back.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, unsold stock would be returned before the holiday return period is up. Hopefully end of Dec or early Jan will see more available as they come back.
There's going to be some awkward times where there'll be a massive demand slump right after Christmas, but Sony will also stop the air freight. So hopefully we'll see some decent availability between the usual ship freight coming in after Christmas, but before the production lull over Chinese New Years affects the supply for a bit.

The scalpers might chill a bit after Christmas too since there won't be the desperation to get one as a gift to drive prices up as much.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
There's going to be some awkward times where there'll be a massive demand slump right after Christmas, but Sony will also stop the air freight. So hopefully we'll see some decent availability between the usual ship freight coming in after Christmas, but before the production lull over Chinese New Years affects the supply for a bit.

The scalpers might chill a bit after Christmas too since there won't be the desperation to get one as a gift to drive prices up as much.
Will the demand slump after Christmas? Would not surprised me to see people buying gift cards valued at a PS5, and the crashing of websites continues.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Fixed up that GIF I posted earlier...

CtfgnT4.gif

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Will the demand slump after Christmas? Would not surprised me to see people buying gift cards valued at a PS5, and the crashing of websites continues.
Well, not immediately after, like you said the second busiest shopping day of the year is the day after Christmas. But once that clears out, it should calm down a bit for maybe a month. I should clarify that's relative, so it's still going to be a giant pain to find one.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Well, not immediately after, like you said the second busiest shopping day of the year is the day after Christmas. But once that clears out, it should calm down a bit for maybe a month. I should clarify that's relative, so it's still going to be a giant pain to find one.
Yeah I have been trying to help get a few for friends in the US, and every time it ends up like this:
a72a53c59f3a212c9210d7ffbc9fab9c.jpg

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Wednesday is going to be my last chance for a while. I don't know if I feel comfortable attempting a gamestop camp out during COVID. I might drive by and see how many people are there before attempting

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely not be standing in front of a store to get one in a huge line of people. It's shameful Gamestop would even force people to do it to get a console. I won't give them any business again because of it.

Nov 9, 2017
Damn, my fedex delivery from Walmart that was supposed to be delivered today changed to a "pending" status with no other info available. Could someone please advise what I might do next to find out what happened and to hopefully secure my delivery?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, my fedex delivery from Walmart that was supposed to be delivered today changed to a "pending" status with no other info available. Could someone please advise what I might do next to find out what happened and to hopefully secure my delivery?

Who was the delivery service? Start by calling their customer service.

Then call walmart if you don't get any answers.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020

that's fine. I figure if enough scalpers don't make a profit maybe they won't do it next time. Even losing a few scalpers would be a win.

Hopefully next gen will go better (more wishful thinking).

Nov 9, 2017
Who was the delivery service? Start by calling their customer service.

Then call walmart if you don't get any answers.

My GF just did a chat w FEDEX and they just gave a COVID blanket statement about delays. It's weird because it was confirmed scanned on the truck and they are supposed to deliver in my area for another hour and a half.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017

This happened to me yesterday with two packages. Today one of them updated to the 24th and I received it a few hours ago. The other is still stuck at "pending" a day later.

So in all likelihood it just means it still awaiting a truck for pickup and is delayed.

Edit: just saw your second reply. What does the last update say regarding you package?

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
Hope you guys get your troubles sorted asap.

Just browsed through my firends list and of the 18 online currently, 12 have PS5.

They are getting there, just slowly it would seem.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I knew Kohl's was going to cancel it still hurt to see :(. At least I keep the Kohl's Bucks but I'd rather have a system. Hopefully Sony dishes out more consoles eventually since there's no way in hell I'm paying a scalper.

Nov 9, 2017
This happened to me yesterday with two packages. Today one of them updated to the 24th and I received it a few hours ago. The other is still stuck at "pending" a day later.

So in all likelihood it just means it still awaiting a truck for pickup and is delayed.

Edit: just saw your second reply. What does the last update say regarding you package?
Actually it just came a few secs ago, I can breathe easy now lol

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Bad news everyone here won't get a ps5

Good news is everyone can get a nice bedset and matching curtains

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it has been brought up here:

7y8ybKP.png

So, we at least have another Best Buy drop on the 27th but without a time. Get ready to stay up until 5 AM again.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
While I knew Kohl's was going to cancel it still hurt to see :(. At least I keep the Kohl's Bucks but I'd rather have a system. Hopefully Sony dishes out more consoles eventually since there's no way in hell I'm paying a scalper.

Same here I'd rather have the system which is why I made the purchase in the first place. But 180 for free ain't all bad at all. My wife will get some stuff and I will. Can at least knock out some Christmas gifts for nieces and nephews.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
the in store one is going to lead to people camping out. Its probably not even worth going to one

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I'm able to put an Xbox Series X into my cart from the Microsoft store, but when I try to select payment method I get an error. I think someone mentioned to leave it in your cart and as soon as more stock is available to try to select payment method and checkout again. Is that correct?

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
So if one group bought 1000's of ps5s to resell at what point is it just easier to create a store and get them from sony?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm considering waiting in front of a Walmart for BF instead of Gamestop... more consoles available.

Wal-Mart is online orders only I believe...now I do know a ton of stores have stock, so I'm assuming it might be like BB where it's in store / curbside pick up only and until each store's allotment is gone.

I hope it's that way so more people can get them....

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
My Kohls order was finally cancelled. But my buddy texted me and he told me he no longer wanted his Best Buy order so he sold it to me!! I am finally FREE!!!!!

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
So if one group bought 1000's of ps5s to resell at what point is it just easier to create a store and get them from sony?
You don't need a business license to do this kind of stuff, I think. You don't need to establish any relationship with vendors and suppliers or apply for permits. You just do it. Plus the profit margins are much larger than if you were to simply be a retailer.